Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 01-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #226
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diatomacious Earth ( DE ) thread :)

He was mostly talking and stance and frequency.

Yes... start a pooping thread...LOL

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #227
Taedareth
Rose Garden

The Doctor: If there's one thing I can't stand it's an unpunctual alien attack!

Taedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond repute

Um... I'm not going to be the audacious soul who starts that thread. LOL!!

Soapmaker. Sourdough baker. Seed sower. Duck grower. Hungarian speaker. Torah seeker.

Keep within me / a stillness / deeper and sweeter / than a forest's / in mid of winter. ~Hebridean Altars
Taedareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #228
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

neener neener

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...99#post3631199

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cobluegirl For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013), Soliloquy (01-24-2011)
Old 01-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #229
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Familylove-- if the de is causing a herxheimer reaction in you, that could be the source of headaches. Exfoliating the gi tract sloughs off mold and putrefied food-- could make you feel sick.

My dh got bloated when he took it. Im going to have him try again with 1/4 tsp
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
FamilyLove (01-25-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #230
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

You guys have to watch the whole series, he goes into everything poo related, from beginning of when we eat to the end of when we... EVERYTHING. I just chose the optimum position one cause sometimes thats all it takes. You just gotta be in a better position. and if someone is starting something new like de and isnt going as much as they should, you will get a headache. easiest fix is to see if its the position to keep things going before you start messing with adding new stuff to your diet. I absolutely hate to hear of people blaming de or clay for things that after reading their entire activity, other culprits can be at play. De can change our lives if we are careful and dont treat it like a medication. Ok, off my soap box, rotfl...

Sarah-Im thinking maybe pinworms. Even if your cat was wormed could have picked them up after.

Dont worry about your cat or your family. I've beent telling you guys here at GCM for years that parasites are everywhere! We just dont see them. Until you stir the nest, hee-hee. I was pregnant when i had a similar episode with our kitten. THe drugs we have for parasites are useless and the tests we take are even more. I hadnt heard of clay or de back then and I freaked out! We went through TWO seperate rounds of mebendazole trying to make our stomachs feel better. We got rid of the cat and still we just didnt feel the same, didnt see them still, we saw them becasue of the cat. So thats when I found clay. It made us feel better than the medication and actually started healing all sorts of stuff with us. Hindsight, i would have never got rid of our little jinxer, i could have just given him de. So the clay got rid of tons of stuff EXCEPT for allergies. Then after we did the 90day diatomaceous earth cleanse, the allergies went away. Was a little more to it but thats it in a nutshell. I dont know if parasites are a symptom or a cause of our past health issues but it was a huge portion of the cure. The de will kill the parasites and the eggs. Try to remember that they are just dead, atleast they arent alive. Next time you touch a door at the mall or grocery store just remember that someone out there has a pet just like yours that was dewormed and looks healthy. Next time you are out remember there is a crazy number of people out there that have parasites, only difference is, you cant see theirs. Nor can they see them. I cant remember the exact number I once posted from the CDC but it was something like 80- 90% of Americans!!!! If you arent regularly deworming you proly' have worms!!! If you arent going poop 1 time everyday you have worms!!! You arent eliminating fast enough before the eggs hatch that we are in contact with everyday. You gotta poo!! So everyone here should just smile and feel relief that de will take care of the parasites that we cant see but most surely are out there.

Gonna go check out the poo thread.....

Last edited by me; 01-26-2011 at 09:28 AM.
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013), Llee (05-04-2013), Taedareth (01-26-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #231
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

I tried looking for the more poo videos and don't think I found any... Link them in the poo thread ME.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 01-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #232
Taedareth
Rose Garden

Taedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond repute

You know, DE is just so ludicrously useful and effective, it makes me wonder how anyone can say there is no God! I don't think such a perfect medicinal substance could exist without an intelligent Designer

Soapmaker. Sourdough baker. Seed sower. Duck grower. Hungarian speaker. Torah seeker.

Keep within me / a stillness / deeper and sweeter / than a forest's / in mid of winter. ~Hebridean Altars
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Taedareth For This Useful Post:
gdzprncess (06-11-2011), homesteadmama (01-30-2011), Llee (05-04-2013), me (01-26-2011), Stiina (05-03-2012), sweetpeasmommy (01-26-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #233
FamilyLove
Rose Bouquet

FamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to all

I'm completely grossed out by the things that are coming out of my body. But, I think my finding this thread was a blessing. So thank you all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FamilyLove For This Useful Post:
me (02-01-2011), sweetpeasmommy (02-02-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #234
mystweaver
Rose Trellis

mystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know about this brand of DE? I think it's food grade, but it's very hard to tell, and I don't want to waste $$ on something I can't use.

http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Labrato...6585433&sr=8-1
mystweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #235
me
Rose Garden

i clicked it but all i could read was safe on and around pets. Personally, I dont feel comfortable buying de or clay from anywhere, where i cant speak to an actual person who uses it themselves. but thats just me
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
mystweaver (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #236
mystweaver
Rose Trellis

mystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond reputemystweaver has a reputation beyond repute

Where would you get it? I have neither budget nor space for massive bags, so I'm not sure what to do.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #237
me
Rose Garden

If I was in your position I would get mine from a feed store
Old 02-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #238
mystweaver
Rose Trellis

Is Nature's Wisdom a good brand?

http://www.amazon.com/Food-Grade-Dia...6587492&sr=8-8
Old 02-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #239
Taedareth
Rose Garden

I have bought from this company (and they apparently are Christians).

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/products.php

They sell Perma-Guard, food-grade "fossil shell flour" in various sizes.

But seriously, you can save money on shipping if you buy from a local feed store

So DE works to kill parasites by doing physical damage to them (scratching them up). Well if that's so, then maybe these flat things I'm seeing with my cat actually are tapeworm segments. Years ago when I gave anti-tapeworm medication to another cat, the poisoned worm came out all intact (about 3' long). But maybe the DE is breaking this tapeworm into segments, which are each coming out individually. Honestly, I gotta say I prefer poisoning the worm and getting it out all at once And I also suspect that the rice-shaped things are some other species of parasite. Poor kitty!

You know how DE can be sprinkled in your garden and it supposedly does not harm earthworms? I don't see how that could be, when you consider that many intestinal parasites are approximately the same size and shape as an earthworm, and in large animals (including humans) they can actually be as big as a very large earthworm. So either DE is not effective against roundworms etc. or DE is not safe for garden worms. One or the other

Last edited by Taedareth; 02-01-2011 at 02:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taedareth For This Useful Post:
mystweaver (02-01-2011)
Old 02-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #240
FamilyLove
Rose Bouquet

FamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to allFamilyLove is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedareth View Post
And I also suspect that the rice-shaped things are some other species of parasite. Poor kitty!
Rice-shaped things is a classic description of tape worm segments.

Also, different species of tapeworms can be different lengths, so you may in fact be seeing the full worms, but just a different type than your last experience.

I've been having sores come up in my mouth since starting DE. Little sores like I had bitten my cheek, but I haven't. And they go away really quickly Any ideas on whether this is more detox or somehow related to the gritty-ness of the DE?