Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #16
gentletitus2mama
Climbing Rose

gentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hate to cause conflict with my church ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengokujin View Post
Your board your post. They can hide it from view if it bothers them. I do this regularly!
yep that's what I told her very nicely. she told me that I need to take it off because it's divisive and makes moms feel guilty. And I just told her that if it bothers her she can hide it from her newsfeed

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMonsterMommy View Post
Ooooohhhhhhhh!!!! I thought YOU were recommending an "app." I was like I WANT THAT!

Sorry about that capitalization probably would have helped with that..
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

ThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentletitus2mama View Post
and makes moms feel guilty.
but what about compassion for the moms who feel guilty about not following their heart, but all they've ever heard was scheduling recommendations?

you are not posting to badger the obstinate, but to reach the people who will benefit to hear it

And my kids were going to behave perfectly all the time and if they didn't, they'd be Dobsoned, but I was going to Dobson so perfectly that they'd know not to slip up but once or twice because I was going to be sooooooo consistent and awesome and wise.
ThreeKids is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThreeKids For This Useful Post:
Domina (03-12-2012), gentletitus2mama (03-12-2012), PrincessAnika (03-12-2012), schmamy (03-12-2012), Zooey (03-13-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
Ajani
Rose Trellis

Learning what I'm called to believe

Ajani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond reputeAjani has a reputation beyond repute

I think my next post would be one of my favourite quotes...
"Offense is taken, not given. Practice portion control."

Come share food with me.

~ Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." ~

Ajani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Ajani For This Useful Post:
Amazement (04-03-2012), Annainprogress (03-12-2012), ArmsOfLove (03-13-2012), CelticJourney (03-12-2012), Christina+5 (03-13-2012), DahliaRW (03-12-2012), Dovenoir (03-14-2012), gdzprncess (03-16-2012), gentletitus2mama (03-12-2012), Kiara.I (03-12-2012), KSL (03-14-2012), Llee (03-12-2012), PaperMomma (04-03-2012), PrincessAnika (03-12-2012), ReedleBeetle (03-12-2012), StewardofLOs (03-12-2012), Stiina (03-14-2012), Tasmanian Saint (03-19-2012), Two Little Birds (03-13-2012), Vipers_Princess (03-17-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
BabyMonsterMommy

Quote:

Sorry about that capitalization probably would have helped with that..
Me + reading comprehension * today =
Old 03-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #20
NutellaLover

What did you post from the AAP? I am just curious. It is your wall, so I wouldn't take it down. It's not like you tagged the lady in your post or something.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Domina (03-12-2012), Zooey (03-13-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #21
mwwr
Deactivated

It is good to be Queen!

mwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond reputemwwr has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like they are insecure in *their* parenting decisions. Which is not something you have any control over.
mwwr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mwwr For This Useful Post:
Ajani (03-12-2012), gentletitus2mama (03-12-2012), Lily (03-12-2012), Redeemed (03-14-2012), Zooey (03-13-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #22
Domina
Rose Garden

Domina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond reputeDomina has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, it's nice of you to be concerned, but you really aren't causing conflict.

You're posting valuable information, which other people can choose to use in their lives, or not. It's no different than posting information about other nutrition or safety-related topics.

Should you avoid posting about exercise, because this makes non-exercisers feel guilty? Of course not.

Surprised she had the nerve to ask you that. I like Reedle's metaphor about your FB page being like your house - you can put anything on the walls that you like. If others are offended, they don't need to visit.

Beaming mama to Sumo since 2010.
Addicted to , curry and my Kindle.

Martyrs make lousy lovers and party guests. ~ Michael Flocker
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Domina For This Useful Post:
gentletitus2mama (03-12-2012), PrincessAnika (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
tigerlily
Rose Garden

tigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond repute

It's really hard for me to feel like people are upset with me because of something I've posted.

But at the same time, if it's important to me, I do it anyway -- you can always let them know this is just one of those things you'll have to "agree to disagree" on.

‎"Don't they teach recreational maths anymore?"
~The Doctor
tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tigerlily For This Useful Post:
gentletitus2mama (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
Lily
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Lily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acjj606 View Post
What did you post from the AAP? I am just curious. It is your wall, so I wouldn't take it down. It's not like you tagged the lady in your post or something.
I think it was the AAP recommendation against babywise.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lily For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #25
BarefootBetsy
Rose Garden

"You are on the path...exactly where you are meant to be."

BarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yep that's what I told her very nicely. she told me that I need to take it off because it's divisive and makes moms feel guilty. And I just told her that if it bothers her she can hide it from her newsfeed
If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one who has had church ladies accusing her of being divisive A friend of mine dealt with a similar FB issue a couple of years ago

I just tend to not post many links on FB because I don't like drama

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any views or opinions presented in the above posts are solely those of BarefootBetsy, the GCM member, and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of anyone else in the entire world.
BarefootBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BarefootBetsy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
gentletitus2mama
Climbing Rose

gentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to beholdgentletitus2mama is a splendid one to behold

I tried to tell my story about my experience and then just leave it to agree to disagree but instead they are replying that obviously my problems with it were due to other things not Babywise and oh by the way, watch out for that research cause it's probably not biblical. Ummm, oooookay. I don't think it would even be productive to answer back. One of my other friends though did reply and add some good imput so that was helpful. It may or may not drive me crazy when I have done years of research on a topic only to be dismissed as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.... I suppose that's prideful but argh..lol *deep breath* One of my research papers I worked on to submit to my teacher she suggested I expand it into a book. I talked about how the treatment of the youngest members of a society reflects on the society in general and how we've come to where we are as an American society... anyway.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gentletitus2mama For This Useful Post:
gdzprncess (03-16-2012), JessicaTX (03-12-2012), MidnightCafe (03-13-2012), Zooey (03-13-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #27
ThreeKids
Rose Garden

ThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond reputeThreeKids has a reputation beyond repute

How could there be biblical research for something that is not addressed in the Bible? Are they saying Babywise is based on biblical research?

And my kids were going to behave perfectly all the time and if they didn't, they'd be Dobsoned, but I was going to Dobson so perfectly that they'd know not to slip up but once or twice because I was going to be sooooooo consistent and awesome and wise.
ThreeKids is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThreeKids For This Useful Post:
Akina (03-12-2012), AngelaVA (03-12-2012), hey mommy (03-12-2012), KSL (03-14-2012), PrincessAnika (03-12-2012), Stiina (03-14-2012), Zooey (03-13-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Location: The Pacific South-West. You know, north of the Pacific North-West
Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKids View Post
How could there be biblical research for something that is not addressed in the Bible? Are they saying Babywise is based on biblical research?
Well, they probably think it is.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #29
gentletitus2mama
Climbing Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara.I View Post
Well, they probably think it is.
Yeah, I don't think they are receptive to anything I have to say right now, so I am just leaving it be. I have gone back and forth with other adamant ezzo followers before just not people that I was in playgroup with.... If I choose to go tomorrow it could be interesting....
Old 03-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #30
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, it does have the words "wise" and "baby" in it and so does the Bible. Must be biblical.

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Llee For This Useful Post:
Christina+5 (03-13-2012), Dovenoir (03-14-2012), holmama (03-13-2012), KSL (03-14-2012), Lily (03-12-2012), Mommainrwanda (03-13-2012), Stiina (03-14-2012), Tasmanian Saint (03-19-2012)