Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public* A public forum.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

Psyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond repute
Default There has got to be a way to make DS 3 yo sleep

He woke me five separate times between 11-4 am.

He hasn't nursed in 9 months. He spent hours outside yesterday. He has a bedtime routine. He doesn't nap regularly or he is up forever at night. He truly needs more sleep.

We've tried cal/mag, Epsom salt baths, melatonin, Benadryl , calm child herbal tonic, aromatherapy, homeopathy. He has white noise. He sleeps with Caden. I am so done. He wakes more than Tessa! He can STTN. He does it occasionally. But I cannot see what makes those nights different.

He came to bed before dh got home last night. Dh put him back in his bed. Then he later tried to get on the couch with me. I put him in bed with dh. He came back out. I put him back. He wet out of his diaper somehow and came back out. I put a towel down for him and changed him and he came out again where I gave up, shamed him for waking me me , and let him sleep on the couch. I couldn't even go back to bed since he peed. I am so tired. So spent with his lack of sleep.

working full time, wife to Jason since '02, mom to C 12 years old, J 9 years old , and T 6 years old , mouse catching, Izzy, and rabbit chasing, Ellie.
Psyche is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say they are praying for Psyche:
Domina (03-26-2012), DoulaClara (03-26-2012), PrincessAnika (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #2
Atarah

Default Re: There has got to be a way to make DS 3 yo sleep

food allergies a possibility?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

Psyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond reputePsyche has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe? We avoid egg for him. The only other high allergy food he had yesterday was some shredded cheese.

working full time, wife to Jason since '02, mom to C 12 years old, J 9 years old , and T 6 years old , mouse catching, Izzy, and rabbit chasing, Ellie.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
SalH
Rose Trellis

SalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's where I'd be. Really looking at food.

We have not quite so bad issues but similar really with our 2 1/2 yr DD. Hers is constipation and food related -and she slept so well as a baby. We are co-sleeping too, but she comes in half way through the night. When tummy is worse, she wakes me constantly wanting me to feed her.

For us it's dairy causing constipation although her sleep is still not back to what it should be. I am biding my time and telling myself we are testing gluten at some point soon.

She already also can't have banana and egg. They just make the constipation and tummy issues outrageous.
The Following User Says Thank You to SalH For This Useful Post:
Psyche (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like he is waking and coming to you and wanting to sleep there so for everyones well being would do that for awhile - make a bed alonmside yours for him to come to.It is only for a season.Age 3 is hard and for some reason he needs extra reassurance and to be with you right now at night

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C

Last edited by mamacat; 03-26-2012 at 06:08 AM.
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
Psyche (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #6
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

There really isn't room. We've tried a pallet on the floor and he risks getting stepped on, nor is there room on our bed for all of us.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
SalH
Rose Trellis

SalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond repute

I just noticed your other son has many allergies. So i'd go down the same route investigating this one. That sort of night is like our worst food nights, its more than just sep. anxiety by the sound of it. I will put up with my dd1 one side of me and dd2 in the middle of us but i hate the kicking, writhing, tantrum for another bf nights she has when constipated / tummy aches. one, for me, is sadly age appropriate, one is not!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SalH For This Useful Post:
Psyche (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #8
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

We did do traditional allergy testing on him when he was an infant and it was all negative. I'll research intolerances though.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #9
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard with 3 because a lot of time they see or hear things that they cant quite process that makes them have feelings of anxiety at night.Our 3 yr old neighbor who is closer to 4 has gotten better about talking about things he finds scary and his mom will talk it thru with him.Can be a sound,piture,animal etc.

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
Psyche (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #10
MarynMunchkins
Deactivated

MarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond reputeMarynMunchkins has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried sibling bed-sharing? The only way Shrimp sleeps all night is in bed with another kid.
MarynMunchkins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarynMunchkins For This Useful Post:
Psyche (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #11
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

MomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW Evie has been having bad nights lately. Last night she needed me in her bed for most of the night. Generally in the mornings she'll wake up and call me, but not freak out or anything, but this morning she woke up and was terrified that I wasn't there. So I'm right there with you.
MomtoJGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MomtoJGJ For This Useful Post:
Psyche (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #12
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarynMunchkins View Post
Have you tried sibling bed-sharing? The only way Shrimp sleeps all night is in bed with another kid.
That's the current set up.

He isn't waking up freaked out or anything. He does cry if I put him back in his head

Old 03-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
MomtoJGJ
Deactivated

MomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond reputeMomtoJGJ has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't saying he was freaking out... just that Evie was, which is unusual for her. I think even if you are used to them waking a million times at night, something unusual for that child is really hard.

So, when he gets up and you take him back to bed, he just cries a bit but then goes back to sleep? Or how does it generally go? Does he normally wet through his diaper or was that weird?
MomtoJGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MomtoJGJ For This Useful Post:
Psyche (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #14
Psyche
Rose Garden

Srsly?

The wetting thru is odd. His diaper wasn't super soaked or anything though I'm not sure why it happens when I make sure he isn't pointing out or anything.

Usually cries, I'm firm with him and he goes back to sleep if I hold his hand. I'm usually so tired though I'm not always successful getting him back to bed

Old 03-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
Waterlogged
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

grace is for mamas too

Waterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond reputeWaterlogged has a reputation beyond repute

We're having similar sleep issues, except K wakes up screaming bloody murder...
Waterlogged is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Waterlogged For This Useful Post:
Psyche (03-26-2012)