Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #16
Sweet Life
Rose Garden

Sweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cool things you have done to/for your home

That is definitely a dreamy kitchen faucet!

We need more pics y'all!

I have 'after' pics to share but photobucket is giving me fits. What are y'all using for photo sharing these days?

I'm going to try again in the AM.
GlacierLily (01-31-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 03:19 AM   #17
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Life View Post
That is definitely a dreamy kitchen faucet!

We need more pics y'all!

I have 'after' pics to share but photobucket is giving me fits. What are y'all using for photo sharing these days?

I'm going to try again in the AM.
I have been using photobucket for years and years and recently it's acting like pure insanity! I don't understand. I've tried a few other online photo hosting sites but couldn't get a hang of them. So if you find something else that works well, let me know too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Quiteria (01-21-2017), Sweet Life (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #18
backtobasicsmum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

backtobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest things are painting all the colors on all the walls. And lots of dyi home decor like switching out curtains and decor.

I'm thinking about stripping my (poorly painted) white kitchen cupboards this summer. Maybe paint one half teal? I'm not sure dh would be up for that.

I can't figure out pictures either. They are all on Facebook if you know me there.
J - 14 My sparkly girl
L - 11 My funny boy
O - 9 My snuggly boy

Last edited by backtobasicsmum; 01-20-2017 at 07:26 AM.
backtobasicsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:38 AM   #19
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I'm following this thread with interest.

I uploaded Tapatalk on my phone specifically for posting pictures on GCM. I would often forget what I left public on Photobucket and passwords are inconvenient.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
knitlove (01-20-2017), squiddles (01-21-2017), Sweet Life (01-20-2017), TraceMama (01-31-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #20
MrsHutch
Rose Garden

An Enneagram 7 type 1/2 ENTP

MrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I painted a whole wall in our living room with green chalkboard paint, and it's my favorite thing ever: https://www.instagram.com/explore/ta...halkboardwall/
Missing three I will meet in Heaven (Feb 2012), (Apr 2016) & (Jun 2020)

"Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." -Legally Blonde
MrsHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrsHutch For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (02-09-2017), knitlove (01-20-2017), Laurlor (01-21-2017), RiverRock (01-20-2017), RooMama (01-31-2017), Singingmom (01-21-2017), Sweet Life (01-20-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 12:47 AM   #21
twentysixcats
Rose Garden

twentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond reputetwentysixcats has a reputation beyond repute

What a fun thread! We've done a lot to our house, but my favorite change that we did ourselves was to our den. When we moved in, it was dark paneling with dark red carpet. We put in lighter carpet and painted the walls yellow. And actually recently replaced the paneling with drywall and painted it a muted purple/gray color. I love it.

I can't figure out how to embed pics from my phone, so here are links to them instead:
Before: https://flic.kr/p/6Vk9PE
After: https://flic.kr/p/8aV9CG
And same room, different angle - this is a picture of the current color: https://flic.kr/p/LmG91o

Oh! And when I was looking at pictures I was reminded of another fun project. When we painted my daughter's room, we added a bunch of glitter paint additive to make it sparkly... I looove the effect! It makes me smile every time I go in there.

It's almost impossible to take a picture of, though. Here's my best attempt: https://flic.kr/p/BT8CgU

Here's a better picture of the actual paint color: https://flic.kr/p/BKQZmG

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
DD2 (7/2012)
DD3 (9/2014)
twentysixcats is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to twentysixcats For This Useful Post:
Dandelion (01-22-2017), KarenBoo (02-09-2017), RooMama (01-31-2017), Singingmom (01-21-2017), squiddles (01-26-2017), Virginia (01-22-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 04:36 AM   #22
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Such a dramatic change!!! I love it! We did a similar renovation on a room in our house. When we bought it it was ugly carpet, drop ceiling and dark panelling. We dubbed the room "the dungeon". We painted the paneling white and put in new carpet before moving in and that helped A LOT but just this year we ended up ripping out all the carpet, paneling and drop ceiling, installed drywall and then laid a dark wood laminate floor. It is now my absolute fave and most used room in the house.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
RooMama (01-31-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 05:50 AM   #23
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

As we are looking at houses, I keep looking for ones with a paneled room. I want to repaint it a neutral color and then to go in and paint the lines in the paneling a bright pop of color.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
Quiteria (01-21-2017), RooMama (01-31-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #24
MudPies
I support GCM!

My kiddos

MudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
As we are looking at houses, I keep looking for ones with a paneled room. I want to repaint it a neutral color and then to go in and paint the lines in the paneling a bright pop of color.
Do you have a link? I have a paneled room and not sure what to do with it.
Wink 3/10 Pink 12/10
and Tink 5/16
Remembering
MudPies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MudPies For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (01-31-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 06:19 PM   #25
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudPies View Post
Do you have a link? I have a paneled room and not sure what to do with it.
I haven't ever seen it done, I just thinknit would be fun.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Similar to this but I was thinking light main color and orange or green in the lines.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
MudPies (01-21-2017), Sweet Life (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 08:22 PM   #26
Sweet Life
Rose Garden

Sweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHutch View Post
I painted a whole wall in our living room with green chalkboard paint, and it's my favorite thing ever: https://www.instagram.com/explore/ta...halkboardwall/
LOVE IT! Beautiful room...almost as beautiful as your family.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

OK...pics

Before

After

After with family
(please don't quote, I will remove this one later)
backtobasicsmum (01-22-2017), charla (01-21-2017), Dandelion (01-22-2017), ECingMama (01-22-2017), GlacierLily (01-31-2017), KarenBoo (02-09-2017), mamaKristin (01-22-2017), MrsHutch (01-22-2017), RiverRock (01-21-2017), RooMama (01-31-2017), Singingmom (01-22-2017), squiddles (01-22-2017), TraceMama (01-31-2017), twentysixcats (01-21-2017), twoplustwo (01-22-2017), Virginia (01-22-2017), zak (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #27
zak
Administrator

Friend of the Fellowship

zak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond repute

We spent budgeted dollars on professional painting for our main living space. It wasn't money WELL SPENT. We love it.

I'll see if I can nab photos.

Dedicated GCMer since 2003

Administrator and Moderating Cradled, Babes, Breastfeeding, Beautiful Mothers and Circumcision
zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:52 PM   #28
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet Life, that looks amazing!
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:33 AM   #29
squiddles
Climbing Rose

squiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond repute

I just did this today! The hallway was always so dark and gloomy... (by the way painting paneling is a giant pain )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to squiddles For This Useful Post:
backtobasicsmum (01-22-2017), Dovenoir (01-23-2017), ECingMama (01-22-2017), GlacierLily (01-31-2017), mamaKristin (01-22-2017), MudPies (01-22-2017), RooMama (01-31-2017), SalH (02-01-2017), Singingmom (01-22-2017), TraceMama (01-31-2017), twoplustwo (01-22-2017), Virginia (01-22-2017), zak (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 04:28 AM   #30
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

My kids made my table look like. . . well, like we had kids.

There were gouges, and someone got ahold of a sharpie at one point, some glitter spot I couldn't remove.

I didn't want to buy a new table, just to have it ruined.

So dh decopaged ?sp? each chair with the theme of each member of the family's "favorite things". Then we gave him all our favorite books and he photocopied pages from it and decopaged the top of the table with that.

Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
backtobasicsmum (01-22-2017), Dandelion (01-22-2017), Dovenoir (01-23-2017), ECingMama (01-22-2017), GlacierLily (01-31-2017), KarenBoo (02-09-2017), mamaKristin (01-22-2017), RooMama (01-31-2017), Singingmom (01-22-2017), squiddles (01-26-2017), sunflowermom (01-22-2017), Sweet Life (01-22-2017), TraceMama (01-31-2017), zak (01-22-2017)