Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Hannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would you keep cloth diapers...

...if your next kiddo was theoretically not going to be for nearly four years, but the only method of prevention you're planning on is NFP? We use a sized fitted (GMD Workhorses) and I have them in every size from x-small to x-large. The medium and large have already bee through use by my first two, with my middle child still wearing the x-large, so by the time dd is done with them, those sizes definitely won't have resale value. So, if/when #4 comes along, I will need to buy those sizes again. But my question lies with the x-small and small. I bought them prior to ds2's birth... he wore the x-small for only a week, and didn't put much wear and tear on the smalls. Dd was in the x-small for a little over two weeks, and just moved into the smalls. I imagine she'll be in this size for a while, as she was two pounds lighter than ds2 at birth. But... I foresee both sizes having resale value. Should I keep them, knowing that we plan to have another, and I will need to invest in the larger sizes when the time comes? Or do I sell them, rather than store them and assume the elastic will hold (it held up just fine between ds2 and dd)?

Pardon my rambling. I just feel like if I do sell them, we'll end up expecting before four years, and I with regret it. But I am also trying to reduce clutter.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default Re: Would you keep cloth diapers...

If you have storage space, I'd bin them up and keep them.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (01-27-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #3
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

HuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
Yes, I agree.

We're not planning any more, and I still have mine binned in the attic, just in case.

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10
HuggaBuggaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #4
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Hannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggaBuggaMommy View Post
Yes, I agree.

We're not planning any more, and I still have mine binned in storage, just in case.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Yes, I agree.

We're not planning any more, and I still have mine binned in the attic, just in case.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I had a few of Cecilias diapers that I used for Margaret 7.5 years latter. I wish I kept more.... I have a stash of diapers ready for another little one were not ready to give up hope on. The newborn ones will be upwards of 5 years.. Resale value matters very little to me function and me not having to buy a bunch of new things matters more.
ECingMama (01-26-2015), Hannah Elise (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #6
MrsDuck
Rose Bouquet

MrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud ofMrsDuck has much to be proud of

I have a bin of workhorses sitting in my kitchen ready to sell. And I just can't bring myself to do it. We are done having kids as far as we know, so I really should sell... If I knew I was planning on more I would definitely take my chances with the elastic.

Blessed to be a Stay at Home-schooling Mama to:
DS1 - Snugglebug - Nov. '08
DS2 - Wiggles - May '12
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDuck For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

i couldn't bring myself to sell, after each kid either, but i will say many of my dipes did get ruined in storage, -they were in rubbermaid containers in a basement. it only happened to some of my fitteds non of the pockets or covers. they were stored for like 1-2 years.

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

houseforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:53 PM   #8
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Keep them.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #9
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

We were done and I was just going through diapers the week I found out about #4. I was going to start getting rid of them. I would reevaluate in a few years. But save if you think they'll be usable later.
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #10
mommychem
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Butterfly on my face :)

mommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond repute

I GMD workhouses. That is all.

I have size L and XL. I can't believe a day will come when I'll no longer need them.
The Following User Says Thank You to mommychem For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 08:18 AM   #11
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Okay. That is the direction I was already leaning. I will purge in other areas. Like toddler wool that I never used with ds2 because ds1 was constantly soaking through and I knew ds2 was just as much of a heavy wetter.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hannah Elise For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #12
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Yea, there would definitely be cloth diapers that I *would* get rid of. Anything that will not store well.

But GMD workhorses would be on the keep list for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (01-27-2015)
Old 01-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #13
kiloyd
Rose Garden

kiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
kiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:25 PM   #14
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I have stored all my nappies because we didn't realise no 2 would take so long to get here. I have a large stash of many different brands and types. DS will be 8 by the time the baby arrives, but we have already got the nappies out and sorted through them and they have held up fine, except for one or two very cheap PUL wraps we were given second (third, maybe 4th) hand where the plastic had degraded. The elastic in the fitteds has held up fine, and our plan eventually became that if it didn't then it's cheaper to replace elastic than it is to replace a whole stash.
Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Hannah Elise (01-28-2015)
Old 01-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #15
praise2God
Seedling Rose

praise2God is on a distinguished road

I would save them if you have space and really think you'll use them. Even if it's only a short period of time you'll use them it would be worth it. We didn't use cloth for too long but I saved them because I knew nothing else kept that breastfed poo in, even though I didn't want to use them long term and had to save them for several years.
praise2God is offline   Reply With Quote