Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #31
Grover
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Grover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's pumpkin time!

Today we had pumpkin smoothie . yesterday we had roasted pumpkin seeds.

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Usually I slice the pumpkin ,skin and all into4, 6 or 8 .Depending on size. Cover with foil or baking paper and cook in the oven.When its cooked ,I just use a spoon ,to scoop off the flesh into freeezer bags and freeze . The chicken s get to play with the discarded skin.Bonus ia you can roast the washed seeds at the same time. My kids like them cooked with a drizzle of rapeseed oil,maple syrup and salt.
One is getting married later this year
Two have flown the nest.
Grandma to four .
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grover For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (10-24-2014)
Old 10-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #32
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

y'all.

pumpkin cake with SALTED CARAMEL BUTTERCREAM.

I'm sure I don't really need to say any more.

http://www.madeinmelskitchen.com/201...el-buttercrea/

[learned the hard way: if you do a layer cake instead of cupcakes, you'll want half again as much frosting ]
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (10-08-2015), mommychem (10-27-2014), Quiteria (10-05-2015), Singingmom (10-27-2014)
Old 10-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #33
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #34
mom23sons
Rose Bouquet

mom23sons is a name known to allmom23sons is a name known to allmom23sons is a name known to allmom23sons is a name known to allmom23sons is a name known to allmom23sons is a name known to allmom23sons is a name known to allmom23sons is a name known to all

I made pumpkin bread yesterday and the whole house smelled wonderful. I have a bag of apples to use up and am thinking of muffins and apple crisp!
mommychem (10-27-2014), Singingmom (10-27-2014)
Old 11-02-2014, 12:32 AM   #35
jenny_islander
Rose Trellis

jenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond reputejenny_islander has a reputation beyond repute

Cut into hunks, bake with a little water until very tender, peel with a butterknife, mash with butter, then season one of two ways. To serve with roast chicken or turkey, try salt, white pepper, sage, and thyme. With pork, put in maple syrup or sugar and some cinnamon and nutmeg or allspice.
Wife to John, December 18, 1999 ~ Mother to Sophia, March 13, 2004 ~ Mother to Eva, June 10, 2006 ~ Mother to Matthew, December 21, 2009 ~ Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will lift me up.
jenny_islander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jenny_islander For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (11-02-2014), mommychem (11-02-2014), Singingmom (11-02-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #36
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

I have pumpkin bread in the oven now...at the last minute I had the brainstorm to use apple cider in place of the water, so I'm really anxious to see how that turns out, if you can tell!

A friend posted a recipe for pumpkin spice creamer that I'm itching to try:
http://fey-next2heaven.blogspot.com/...e-creamer.html
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (11-03-2014)
Old 11-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #37
Singingmom
Administrator

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmamy View Post
I have pumpkin bread in the oven now...at the last minute I had the brainstorm to use apple cider in place of the water, so I'm really anxious to see how that turns out, if you can tell!

A friend posted a recipe for pumpkin spice creamer that I'm itching to try:
http://fey-next2heaven.blogspot.com/...e-creamer.html
The Libby's pumpkin bread recipe I used recently calls for apple juice, so good thinking! And that homemade creamer...

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Old 11-06-2014, 12:59 AM   #38
Zooey
Rose Trellis

Zooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond reputeZooey has a reputation beyond repute

My cousin's wife cutss up pumpkin in chunks & puts it in her vegetarian vegetable soup. I had never had it that way, but it is so good!!
Singingmom (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014, 01:05 AM   #39
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday I roasted and pureed the pumpkins we grew in our garden. 25 cups of puree. We'll definitely be having some pumpkin custard this week, and I have a pumpkin banana muffin recipe that I'm looking forward to trying the week after.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (11-06-2014)
Old 10-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #40
Singingmom
Administrator

It's pumpkin time again! I thought it would be fun to revive this thread for inspiration.

The Following User Says Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (10-03-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 06:33 AM   #41
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks -- I missed this thread lastsyear.

TeacherMom, I am impressed with your 86 rolls, even if it was a year ago.

mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mommylove For This Useful Post:
Teacher Mom (10-29-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #42
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylove View Post
Thanks -- I missed this thread lastsyear.

TeacherMom, I am impressed with your 86 rolls, even if it was a year ago.
Me too!

Care to share your recipe?

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
Teacher Mom (10-29-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 03:47 PM   #43
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

i am making pumpking butter today, lots and lots of it!

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

houseforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houseforjoy For This Useful Post:
Quiteria (10-07-2015), Singingmom (10-06-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #44
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot find pie pumpkins anywhere this year, yet. It's all carving ones!

I know, I can use canned but I spoiled myself. . I need to make dd a pumpkin pie for her birthday and if I cannot find Fresh pumpkin it may have to be.... Shudder.... Butternut.

Which I like and all, but it is not pumpkin and I've never pied a butternut squash. Annoying. Send your pumpkin fairies my way already.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:57 PM   #45
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Thanks for reviving this thread!

My ds got a pumpkin seedling in the spring as a part of a Sunday School project so we put it in the garden and we now have at least 5 homegrown pumpkins. Definitely love the idea of using them to make delicious meals.

Has anyone ever tried to make their own pumpkin spice latte? Dh makes delicious lattes, so it seems like adding the pumpkin flavouring would be fairly simple.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_Gal View Post
I cannot find pie pumpkins anywhere this year, yet. It's all carving ones!
What part of the country do you live in? Pie pumpkins are in plethora here.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (10-08-2015)