Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #16
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: September Main Meals

Chicken, rice, and green beans with Cajun seasonings

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
Old 09-04-2015, 04:01 PM   #17
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

no necessary. Easy convenient meals absolutely have their place. I find that I don't do much cooking on the rare occasions that dh does not join us for dinner.

What is your recipe for zucchini pizza? Is it similar to zucchini boats or something entirely different?
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
charla (09-04-2015)
Old 09-04-2015, 07:12 PM   #18
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
What is your recipe for zucchini pizza? Is it similar to zucchini boats or something entirely different?
Entirely different. 3-ish cups of shredded zucchini, a cup of whole wheat flour, a couple of eggs, some salt and whatever spices you want (garlic powder, Ital seasoning, etc - or just salt is OK too). Spread out on a WELL-CORNMEALED stone (or maybe a silpat? haven't ever tried that) and bake at 450 for 20 min.

Take out of the oven and top with (in this order) mozzarella, mushrooms if desired (we always skip those), sliced green onions, oregano, basil, sliced tomatoes, and garlic powder. Bake at 350 for 20-ish minutes.

You really have to do something or it is GLUED to the stone. Still delicious, just a pain that way. If I use plenty of cornmeal it comes off with minimal fighting.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (09-05-2015), RiverRock (09-04-2015)
Old 09-05-2015, 03:49 AM   #19
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

ah yes, now that you repeat the recipe, I am confident that this is not the first time you've given it to me. Thank you for typing it all out for me again.

And I apologize in advance if I ask you again in future months.

I may try this recipe. I think the kids would like it...
Old 09-05-2015, 05:11 AM   #20
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmamy View Post
Entirely different. 3-ish cups of shredded zucchini, a cup of whole wheat flour, a couple of eggs, some salt and whatever spices you want (garlic powder, Ital seasoning, etc - or just salt is OK too). Spread out on a WELL-CORNMEALED stone (or maybe a silpat? haven't ever tried that) and bake at 450 for 20 min.

Take out of the oven and top with (in this order) mozzarella, mushrooms if desired (we always skip those), sliced green onions, oregano, basil, sliced tomatoes, and garlic powder. Bake at 350 for 20-ish minutes.

You really have to do something or it is GLUED to the stone. Still delicious, just a pain that way. If I use plenty of cornmeal it comes off with minimal fighting.
How do you shred your zucchini? Do you need to dewater it at all?
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #21
greenleafknitter
Climbing Rose

greenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond repute

DH is working tonight so I'm not totally sure what we'll have. maybe baked potatoes with salsa, bacon, and cheese on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD M - 10/08

DS A - 3/12

Old 09-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #22
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

We had this for dinner last night:

California Chicken Flatbread with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2015/05/...nch-sauce.html

And our Life Group was here after dinner last night for our study, so I made this dessert with DD13 yesterday:

Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake
http://www.sugarhero.com/chocolate-r...y-mousse-cake/
It was beautiful and yummy, but for the amount of work that went into it, it probably didn't taste as amazing and I had hoped. Yummy, but not amazing.
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Old 09-05-2015, 12:10 PM   #23
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
How do you shred your zucchini? Do you need to dewater it at all?
I just use a box grater. And I don't bother to de-water it.

I think I am going to make it tonight - I will try to take some pics.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
The Following User Says Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (09-05-2015)
Old 09-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #24
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that would be great!
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:38 PM   #25
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

beef stir fry with basically some odds and ends veggies. A yellow pepper a few baby carrots chopped a bit of some green onion and a sweet onion like a handful of green beans...

I need to figure out how to separate the packages of frozen veggies I need for family meals from what DH grabs to make him self stuff on the days he is home.. I was kinda miffed when some things I'd planned for this meal wasn't around. DH didn't do anything wrong though I just need to make sure I have what we need put aside.

Maybe some freezer bags? Like the big ones what I have in that don't touch?
Old 09-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #26
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken noodle soup with dumplings, Greek salad,

Leftovers tomorrow!
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 09-06-2015, 05:24 AM   #27
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was chicken butter chive potatoes.

I have spaghetti in the crockpot for after church today - Ragu, shrimp, mushrooms, red/yellow/green bell peppers, and seasonings. I hope it comes out good! I'll make pasta when we get home.

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
Old 09-06-2015, 09:52 AM   #28
2sunshines

We are having a family cook out and pool party today to celebrate the last weekend summer!

Grilled chicken quarters, hot dogs, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, salad, potatoes, spaghetti squash.

Plus whatever else people bring to the party...

Can't believe school starts in two days!
Old 09-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #29
schmamy
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
We are having a family cook out and pool party today to celebrate the last weekend summer!

Grilled chicken quarters, hot dogs, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, salad, potatoes, spaghetti squash.

Plus whatever else people bring to the party...

Can't believe school starts in two days!
I can't believe your school hasn't started yet! We've been in session for a month!

I made Thai chopped chicken salad for our church potluck today at lunch. For supper, we're having the baked spaghetti I made for a new mom yesterday. (In other words, I was in the kitchen allllll day yesterday ) I can't remember the last time I had baked spaghetti...I'm really looking forward to it.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

The Following User Says Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #30
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmamy View Post
For supper, we're having the baked spaghetti I made for a new mom yesterday. (In other words, I was in the kitchen allllll day yesterday ) I can't remember the last time I had baked spaghetti...I'm really looking forward to it.
Do you have a recipe to share for the baked spaghetti?

and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Closed Thread