Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #391
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowermom View Post
What a great idea! We just moved, so I did a TON of decluttering.
I don't know how great it really is. My living room looks like an episode of hoarders right now! At least those rooms got really cleaned. I emptied the vacuum cleaner 3 times yesterday!

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (07-21-2015), sunflowermom (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 08:12 AM   #392
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

Woo hoo! that's definitely progress! My husband always teases me, because the house always looks like a train wreck when I'm cleaning, that's just how the process goes! Then everything gets sorted and THEN it looks good. It's just part of the process. You go, girl!

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunflowermom For This Useful Post:
Blue-EyedLady (07-21-2015), rjy9343 (07-21-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 10:56 AM   #393
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I was making progress on the huge mess when I found mouse poop. I also had a live snake in my kitchen that I wasn't able to capture earlier this week. He escaped under the dishwasher. I called the pest control people, and I'm not touching another thing until they get here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
ShepherdsWife (07-24-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 12:27 PM   #394
ShepherdsWife
Rose Bouquet

Full-time Mom to DS 8/13/12, Wife to the Sheep Man, and Rancher to 8000 momma sheep(ewes) :)

ShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-EyedLady View Post
I was making progress on the huge mess when I found mouse poop. I also had a live snake in my kitchen that I wasn't able to capture earlier this week. He escaped under the dishwasher. I called the pest control people, and I'm not touching another thing until they get here.
Yes, I've had a huge ongoing mouse problem! We got a cat at last and that has helped a little. At least with the ones on the porch. I found a snake on the porch as well, but it didn't make it in the house. I hope you get him. Yikes!

I've read the Life Changing Art of Tidying Up and been doing one category at a time. I've also been reading a lot of minimizing articles for becoming a minimalist. It has helped. I just visualize what I really want and then ruthlessly move to create that before I get too weak and start keeping stuff. I have to get rid of the stuff the very day before I have time to look at it too much. But, I think I've gotten rid of close to 10 bags of trash and give-aways.
DD December 2014
ShepherdsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShepherdsWife For This Useful Post:
Blue-EyedLady (07-24-2015), FaithnPraise (07-26-2015), RiverRock (07-24-2015), rjy9343 (07-24-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #395
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

We are cat-allergic, unfortunately. After every one was in bed, I actually saw the mouse run through the kitchen and living room. :shudder

Old 07-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #396
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Well, I've been deep cleaning all day, and decluttering as I go. I have piles upon piles all over the house. It's pretty bad, and I still haven't cleaned up all the mouse poop.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:52 AM   #397
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

I took 3 big boxes of things out and sold a shelf. . I dont know where all this stuff comes from!

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #398
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I have a mountain of stuff to be donated...but no boxes. This shouldn't be an excuse!
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:09 PM   #399
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

I spent 5 hours today cleaning up mouse poop. 5 hours I could have spent with my kids used on poop. And then while I was cleaning I scared him out of his hiding place and he ran across the room. I've never screamed so loud in my life!

We have a fourth bedroom that we pretty much use for storage. That's where the mouse poop is. I had to pull every thing out and sanitize. It was a huge job. And since my living room is already piled up high with the things I pulled out from the bedrooms last week, I had to put the stuff on the driveway. No garage, attic , basement, or storage space in our house, unfortunately. I hope we don't get cited by the town for open storage.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:27 PM   #400
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

Eek! So crazy about the mouse and the snake. Hope the snake goes away soon! We had mouse problems at our former place, and peppermint essential oils took care of that problem.
It was a cheap and poison-free fix in case you ever want to give that a try.
Good job cleaning up all that poop though. Mice are so yucky.

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowermom For This Useful Post:
ShepherdsWife (08-05-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 09:18 AM   #401
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

The mouse is dead, but he had his final revenge. He died in the walls and the house REEKS. I'm still finding poop in corners where I haven't cleaned yet. Half of my storage room is outside while I continue the epic cleanup.

The only upside here is that I am decluttering as I go. I pulled out a big tub stuffed with kids clothes, maternity clothes and even some of DH's clothes. We redecorated the kids' bedroom and are getting rid of several pieces of furniture as a result. Kitchen stuff is going too! We're going to have a garage sale next month!

Old 08-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #402
ShepherdsWife
Rose Bouquet

Full-time Mom to DS 8/13/12, Wife to the Sheep Man, and Rancher to 8000 momma sheep(ewes) :)

ShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant future

I totally feel for you about the mouse! I have had more mouse problems the past few years than a lifetime ever needs. When they find a way into walls it is a nightmare. I think I have finally gotten the best of them for the moment though when winter comes they will pour in again from the corrals. I just finished cleaning up the patio and getting rid of lots of stuff laying around with no purpose.
DD December 2014
ShepherdsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:37 PM   #403
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

I went through both bathrooms today. I also went through a box that had been on the to do list for 2 years. Seriously.

Old 08-15-2015, 09:58 PM   #404
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

Im doing the Konmari method now. And still the.8 week declutter...that i started 6 monthsago.

Ive hauled so. Much. Stuff out. Its so freeing and its getting so much easier to clean the house.

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
Blue-EyedLady (08-15-2015), RiverRock (08-16-2015), sunflowermom (08-15-2015)
Old 08-15-2015, 11:07 PM   #405
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

I'm working on finishing unpacking from our move. It's encouraging to hear your stories, motivation to keep clutter out of the new place from the beginning and being careful of what I unpack.

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012