Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
bentlaj11
Rose Trellis

bentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sproadic vomiting in a 2 y/o

DS2 has had random vomiting episodes for the last few weeks. DS1 was sick from school (both cold and one morning of vomiting), so I thought it was related... but, he's had these episodes in the past (I just kept chalking them up to a random virus). Currently he's still snotty/coughing from the cold/weather changes, so I'm just going to keep a record of when he vomits/what he last ate. I'm hoping it just due to all the mucus. He still nurses (some days a lot, some a little). I haven't taken him to the ped., but will if this persists. I wish I had kept better track of the past episodes and how many days he went b/t episodes.

I've done the online thing to see what other people have said. He has no known food allergies, but he's my kid w/ cavities, and slow weight gain/tongue and lip ties (corrected about a yr ago). Since DS3 has been born, I've tried to get him to nurse more to see if he would gain some weight from the newborn milk. He hasn't gained any (but we are only 2 mo in). He's such a peanut compared to his brothers that I've always secretly worried about something being wrong, but I tell myself it was just b/c he was tongue tied, born tiny. It has happened before DS3 was born and DS2 started pre-K, so I don't think it's stress related.

Anyone have any thoughts/experience. I'm going to keep track. I don't know what to look for if it's reflux or allergies. Sometimes it seems worse in the car, but other times he's o.k. in the car, and since he does it at other times, too, I don't think it's motion sickness.

InFpType 2/3(?)
bentlaj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sproadic vomiting in a 2 y/o

Just my experience, two times, years apart, my kids have had some kind of virus where they vomit 1-2x a day, then nothing for 3 days (and I think they're over it) then they vomit again, going on for 2-3 weeks. It was odd and frustrating but it seemed to go through the family. DH and I only had it for a day but it dragged out in the kids. I hope your little one is better soon.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
bentlaj11 (09-13-2014)
Old 09-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

If he has had extra congestion and post nasal drip could be just gaggging on stuff in back of throat.Maybe some kind of expectorant would help clear out and thin the mucuous?

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
bentlaj11 (09-13-2014)
Old 09-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
bentlaj11
Rose Trellis

bentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond reputebentlaj11 has a reputation beyond repute

nak..bbl if I can remember

InFpType 2/3(?)
Old 09-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

My kids all vomit with colds. I think the postnatal drip causes them to feel nauseous. It almost always happens right before bed (if they were playing rowdily) or first thing in the morning (post nasal drip, combined with low loud sugar seems to be the greatest trigger).
dd1 especially has a super easy vomit reflex and seems to have it happen the most when she's got any sort of sniffles.

We'd found that if we have a piece of dry toast and some juice (which we don't usually drink) the minute they get up, they'll be fine.
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.

Last edited by ValiantJoy07; 09-13-2014 at 06:49 PM.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
bentlaj11 (09-13-2014)
Old 09-13-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
bentlaj11
Rose Trellis

Yeah, I do think it could be related to all the mucus, other than the fact that he's had random vomiting episodes in the past (unrelated to having a cold). I wish I would've documented those times. Maybe those times were like Soliloquy mentioned w/ the virus that lasted a few weeks even after they seemed better! Hopefully it will clear up when the drainage clears. It's just so sudden and random (sometimes it's when he's coughing or gagging, but sometimes there's no warning...he occasionally will say his tummy hurts right before it happens). I'll keep a better record this time!

InFpType 2/3(?)
Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be much worse for both the girls...i don't know if it's age or the dietary changes we've made. They certainly are gaining like champs since we cut out dairy. dd2 was falling off the charts there for a while and now she's actually passing dd1 taking gluten out helped taking out most grains and dairy annnd adding lots of veggies and good fats seems to have been the key.
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
bentlaj11 (09-13-2014)
Old 09-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
bentlaj11
Rose Trellis

I thought dairy would help w/ weight gain, and was excited that he's finally drinking some milk (it's local, but not raw) besides mine! DS1 won't touch milk w/ a 10 foot pole, but DS2 likes it. I need to reduce grains again. We'd been low grain w/ his teeth being bad, but I've been slacking since I got prg, and now pp. He's been really picky w/ food the last several months, and doesn't like veggies as much as DS1. I need to work on more fats than just butter on veggies! He hasn't vomited all day, and the snot seems to be less. Hopefully we're trending towards snot free, soon!

InFpType 2/3(?)
Old 09-14-2014, 02:47 AM   #9
mipennsn
Rose Garden

mipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond repute

With all his mouth issues could he need OT (for sensory stuff) or speech (for working on his swallow)? I have a random vomiter who is in speech that I believe the vomiting is connected with his low tone stuff.
My GIRL H who is 7!

Full time mommy and breadwinner for my family

mipennsn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mipennsn For This Useful Post:
bentlaj11 (09-14-2014)
Old 09-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #10
bentlaj11
Rose Trellis

Yes, it's possible. He was slobbering a lot (but I haven't noticed it as much), and I've worried about strength. FWIW, he was later than avg. w/ gross motor stuff, but never needed help since he eventually got there. His words are still baby-ish, but he's much easier to understand than he was for a while after his sx. His sx was a yr ago. He had lots of problems w/ eating before the tie correction, but he doesn't choke like he did. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

InFpType 2/3(?)
Old 09-14-2014, 07:53 AM   #11
mipennsn
Rose Garden

mipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond repute

He is still under 3 and sounds like he qualifies for intervention. He would fall under birth to 3 intervention which is federally funded (in MI it is called Early On). As I recently learned, if a stranger can't understand 50% of a 2yo's speech they are delayed and need intervention.

I thought dd's speech was around 50% until her eval then I realized it wasn't and that she was using a lot of gestures to communicate.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

http://www.ok.gov/health/County_Heal...oonerStart-EI/

Im a BIG fan of birth to 3 intervention.
My GIRL H who is 7!

Full time mommy and breadwinner for my family

mipennsn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mipennsn For This Useful Post:
bentlaj11 (09-14-2014)