Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #151
sprout
Rose Garden

sprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diatomacious Earth ( DE ) thread :)

love this thread...

curious though...de only kills parasites which reside in the gut correct?

so a blood parasite would not be effected?
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:39 PM   #152
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout View Post
love this thread...

where's atarah when you need her (busy with some baby or something )

but basically parasites have bizarre and extremely complex life cycles

they may go through stomach, then lungs, then liver, then intestines some can be passed from human to human, others need animals or birds or water and then back to human.
i mean, i'm into that sort of thing, and it totally boggles the mind. and they are all so different.

so, what i'm trying to say is, most will have some sort of point when they are in the digestive system doing something or another, and that's when de can get them. also one of the reasons to do it for at least 90 days in a row: i understand that most will come out to do the dirty deeds in the digestive tract at least once every three months or so.

but what do i know
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
sprout (06-22-2010), Taedareth (06-22-2010)
Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #153
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
love this thread...

I thought I read somewhere that small amounts do get into the blood stream. You definitely absorb some of the silica which is why our hair and nails are growing like crazy since starting it!

And I think belaruska is correct also, that they move around (eeew!) and don't necessarily stay in one place.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
sprout (06-22-2010), Taedareth (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #154
sprout
Rose Garden

sprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond reputesprout has a reputation beyond repute

I'm asking b/c my middle is a lyme sufferer...I am wondering if this could help kill the bacteria beasts as well.

I'm reading a ton on natural lyme health and just got GAP...so, I am wondering if this should be part of my protocol. (I'm just thinking outloud, not asking for a what would you do kind of thing...unless you happen to know).

afterall, overall health is directly tied to gut health...so, I am contemplating.

she is currently on antibiotics...this, is not up for discussion...not to be rude..just tired of telling my opinion on this for her at this moment....

so, as the sprouts tread through the lyme footpath...we are reading and thinking about de as part of our health plan for little miss.

so, thank you for taking the time to reply....the journey can be lonely.
sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #155
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm asking b/c my middle is a lyme sufferer...I am wondering if this could help kill the bacteria beasts as well.

I'm reading a ton on natural lyme health and just got GAP...so, I am wondering if this should be part of my protocol. (I'm just thinking outloud, not asking for a what would you do kind of thing...unless you happen to know).

afterall, overall health is directly tied to gut health...so, I am contemplating.

she is currently on antibiotics...this, is not up for discussion...not to be rude..just tired of telling my opinion on this for her at this moment....

so, as the sprouts tread through the lyme footpath...we are reading and thinking about de as part of our health plan for little miss.

so, thank you for taking the time to reply....the journey can be lonely.
I have no idea about DE and Lyme's Disease, but I do know that ReneeandBaby knows a thing or two about the disease. You might her.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #156
Taedareth
Rose Garden

The Doctor: If there's one thing I can't stand it's an unpunctual alien attack!

Taedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond reputeTaedareth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
They look sort of like mucous, small string, that was transluscent like. Like a piece of angel hair pasta.
*sigh* I kind of hate posting this but in the interest of public service... A few years ago I asked my doctor to test me for parasites. So he gave me the little vial to fill with "sample matter" and we sent it off to the lab. I put several objects into the vial that exactly matched the description above (transparent stringy/wormy things, not moving though). The test came back and all they found was a type of single-celled parasite that is common in well water. I tried to argue that I had put several wormy things into the vial, and the lady at my doctor's office told me those items must have been "....something else." How embarrassing There are so many different types of parasites, I think it's possible that the lab just didn't run a test for the specific type of parasite that those things might have been. On the other hand, you'd think they wouldn't miss a parasite that was visible with the naked eye

Soapmaker. Sourdough baker. Seed sower. Duck grower. Hungarian speaker. Torah seeker.

Keep within me / a stillness / deeper and sweeter / than a forest's / in mid of winter. ~Hebridean Altars
Taedareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #157
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...d.php?t=364562
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013)
Old 07-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #158
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

glad i found this.

dh has had intestinal problems for soooo long.

he's a picky eater though, idk how i would get him to take it. nevermind that it comes in a 50 lb bag from the feed store...LOL

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #159
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

So, here we are almost a month in and except for dd2, none of us are having any improvement in any symptoms More than likely because except for dd2 who was too young at the time, we've all done several cleanses -- parasite and other bowel cleanses as well.

We've all had a few crazy things come out and increased volume so I am glad we've done it but we all seem to be back to business as usual in the bathroom I actually am pondering quitting it for everyone but dd2

She on the other hand is really still going crazy stuff Glad it's out of her but just startled at the amount ALthough now that I think of it, that's how the older 2 were the first time we did paranix junior .

I have to say that it works as good as the other stuff on the market that we've done. The definite benefit in my mind is the price - WAY cheaper than the other things we've done in the past!

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #160
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Jessisblessed-- we buy ours in 2.5 lb cannisters. I wouldn't want a 50 lb bag, lol. If he likes chocolate milk or ice cream, it isn't noticable. We al like it in water but if he's picky he may need to mask it.

Sonshinemama, that's disappointing. glad for dd2, though! Are you going to finish the 90 days? Personally, my hair and nails are growing like crazy. Fiona's and Gracie's bowel issues are pretty much gone. Dh's symptoms are unchanged. I don't know if Simon's teeth grinding has stopped or not. I rarely sleep w/ him.
Posted via Mobile Device
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-07-2013)
Old 07-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #161
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
Jessisblessed-- we buy ours in 2.5 lb cannisters. I wouldn't want a 50 lb bag, lol. If he likes chocolate milk or ice cream, it isn't noticable. We al like it in water but if he's picky he may need to mask it.

Sonshinemama, that's disappointing. glad for dd2, though! Are you going to finish the 90 days? Personally, my hair and nails are growing like crazy. Fiona's and Gracie's bowel issues are pretty much gone. Dh's symptoms are unchanged. I don't know if Simon's teeth grinding has stopped or not. I rarely sleep w/ him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Okay, after talking to dh, most of us are quitting DE. He is TOTALLY disappointed with DE - he's done several cleanses and ALWAYS wants to go back to this one http://www.allnaturalcleanse.com/product.html which is by the same people that do the paranix junior. He said he didn't even have increased volume with DE!

I am keeping dd2 on it for now I think but no one else . . . No one's hair and nails are doing anything (I wish they would cuz my girls could use some improvement in this area )

Dh really wants the above cleanse soon -- I'd like to try it if it's safe for my gluten intolerance. I have found a kids cleanse that is similar to this. BUT we need to search and figure out if we can do this because of dd1's allergies. . . we'll see!

One thing I keep wondering is if we are just "clean" because of taking master's tonic all the time as I think it's supposed to be anti parasitical The master's tonic might make sense because dd2 is the only one that doesn't take it That and we cleanse regularly with a variety of methods .

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Just a note - http://www.drnatura.com/product_pic/...ogram_pic.html this is the kids cleanse I am considering -- it's very similar to the adult one that dh wants to do

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
Old 07-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #162
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Jodi I didn't notice a difference in myself taking it either but dh did.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #163
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Master tonic is supposed to be anti-parasitical. I don't know if it's strong enough to clear a serious infestation but I bet it would keep an already healthy gut clear.

It took about 6 weeks before I noticed the hair and nail growth, iirc.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #164
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

It's day 3 here of no DE and dd1's bloating and serious gut pain is diminishing very quickly . . . looks like she may not have gotten an allergen but may have been reacting to DE. Not positive. . . for 2 weeks following the serious pain build up, no change even though we were watching her like a hawk. Now, 3 days off DE and her tummy is mostly soft and squishy again

I am so grateful but I also feel badly that she may have been reacting to DE and I had no clue

Last edited by tempus vernum; 07-06-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #165
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
It's day 3 here of no DE and dd1's bloating and serious gut pain is diminishing very quickly . . . looks like she may not have gotten an allergen but may have been reacting to DE.
Dh reacted in a similar way. He stopped the DE as well (he also stopped a few other things--aflalfa, Wormwood/blackwalnut/clove/fern, and skin brushing) and his abdominal issues subsided greatly (but not completely). He is going to try the alfalfa and de separately to see if it was one of those. The abdominal bloating and pain started BEFORE the de, though, it was one of the reasons I bought it, so while I am confused, it is a possibility. We''ll have to keep comparing notes.