Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:01 PM   #61
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: INSTANT POT owners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele123 View Post
I clicked the links and was never given an option to talk to someone. Just an option to return and give a reason for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to go through their contact info. Then you enter yours and then they call you. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...t-us?skip=true

Select problem with an order and then there is a choice for defective item.
Michele123 (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #62
Michele123
Rose Trellis

Michele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol! I *just* did that. UPS already picked up my return though. They won't give me a different one for that price (I didn't outright ask) but they will fast track my refund so I can put it towards a different one and assured me the other warehouse deals ones have all the components. Of course that's a $30 difference :/. So now I have to decide if it is worth buying another warehouse deals one for $170 so I can have it for vacation (potentially saving money on eating out) or if I should just wait for a sale and buy a new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

So I tried to order the warehouse deal one but for some reason it isn't shipping immediately and won't be available until Friday, which is after we leave for vacation. I called Amazon again (or had them call me) and they said they would wave the one day shipping fee so it would get here before vacation and now I am on hold because they are trying to connect me with the price match department because this rep thinks I shouldn't have to pay so much more for it since it was their mistake. I'm hoping the price match department agrees!

ENFJ, please excuse my stream of consciousness posts.

Battled infertility for 3 1/2 years before DD (PCOS)
TTC #2 for 6 months (3 ovulations)

Married to DH since Aug 2004
DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
Michele123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michele123 For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (05-23-2016), ECingMama (05-23-2016), graciousmomma (05-23-2016), Maedchen (05-24-2016), The Tickle Momster (05-24-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (05-24-2016)
Old 05-24-2016, 08:43 PM   #63
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute

How did it turn out?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2016, 08:56 PM   #64
Michele123
Rose Trellis

Michele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond repute

Oops. I forgot to update. The first person from the price match department just said no. After I had been told they should be able to and waited on hold for 25 min. I was quite annoyed that my time had been wasted so I asked to speak with a supervisor. She said I'd get the same answer but I insisted. The supervisor was the first person I'd gotten to speak with that sounded like a native English speaker! It was so nice to be able to understand someone without having to concentrate so hard. Anyhow I explained everything that had happened and asked if they were going to do anything to try to make it right. He has me order the cheapest instant pot they had available and credited me the difference. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow night.

DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michele123 For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (05-25-2016), DahliaRW (05-24-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #65
Michele123
Rose Trellis

The new one arrived today! It was supposed to have packaging damage and 1/4" dents. I think they sent me a brand new one instead. There were a couple dents in the box only. The IP looks brand new with all the packaging AND all the parts! Yippee! Just in time for vacation. I was able to run the water test and just finished boiled eggs. They are still in the cold water bath though so I haven't had a chance to see yet if they truly peel easier than traditionally boiled eggs.

I'm thinking of trying some sort of grain free meatball for supper tonight. Any good recipes people want to share?

DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michele123 For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-26-2016), Llee (05-25-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (05-26-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #66
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I did frozen ground meat in mine today. I put it on the rack. It was cheap meat. 80% lean. The fat stayed on the bottom! I let it cool and harden a d threw it out. Rinsed the meat well. Now it's much better for us as many toxins concentrate in the fat.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #67
Michele123
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECingMama View Post
I did frozen ground meat in mine today. I put it on the rack. It was cheap meat. 80% lean. The fat stayed on the bottom! I let it cool and harden a d threw it out. Rinsed the meat well. Now it's much better for us as many toxins concentrate in the fat.

Was the ground meat cooked in one solid piece? Or was it like normal ground meat when cooked on a stove top and broken up as it cooks?

DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
The Following User Says Thank You to Michele123 For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (05-27-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 01:44 AM   #68
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

I have been using my (borrowed) instant pot a lot and I have found that one of my favourite features is one that I mentally dismissed as useless when I first looked in to it. I LOVE the sautee feature. I didn't get why you would use it rather than just using the stove top, BUT I totally get it now. I use it as a step in either the slow cooker or the pressure cooker function. Most commonly at the end of making a meat/veggie/sauce dish and I want to thicken the sauce. I can do it RIGHT in that instant pot with the sautee feature rather than dumping the juices in to another pot and then back in to the instant pot.

Also I had planned to do a slow cooker chicken dish yesterday and was out of the house all morning so I didn't get it started until early afternoon. SO I used the sautee to brown the chicken before I started it with the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker function. Worked amazing and I was able to get the same quality (if not better) dish than if I had remembered to start it first thing in the morning.

I'm still holding out for a good deal with the one I want on amazon. I have to return my borrowed one this weekend so I'm hoping soon.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:31 AM   #69
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
I have been using my (borrowed) instant pot a lot and I have found that one of my favourite features is one that I mentally dismissed as useless when I first looked in to it. I LOVE the sautee feature. I didn't get why you would use it rather than just using the stove top, BUT I totally get it now. I use it as a step in either the slow cooker or the pressure cooker function. Most commonly at the end of making a meat/veggie/sauce dish and I want to thicken the sauce. I can do it RIGHT in that instant pot with the sautee feature rather than dumping the juices in to another pot and then back in to the instant pot.

Also I had planned to do a slow cooker chicken dish yesterday and was out of the house all morning so I didn't get it started until early afternoon. SO I used the sautee to brown the chicken before I started it with the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker function. Worked amazing and I was able to get the same quality (if not better) dish than if I had remembered to start it first thing in the morning.

I'm still holding out for a good deal with the one I want on amazon. I have to return my borrowed one this weekend so I'm hoping soon.
I LOVE the saute feature. The best part is I don't dirty an extra pan! Just the instant pot liner - one thing to wash! I also use it if I cook something and it doesn't get quite done (usually if I'm doing something from frozen). I just turn on saute and let it finish cooking.
2sunshines (05-27-2016)
Old 05-27-2016, 09:09 AM   #70
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I did the meat setting, which is 35 minutes. It was block ish and not quite done. I didn't care this time as I wanted to rinse the meat anyway. I browned a bit more on stove and rinsed. It did break apart very easily.

With organic meat, I think 40 minutes would have been enough to totally cook the two lbs.

If I'm just going to throw the meat in a saucy dish, then v this method will be fine for me. Tacos? I'd want to cook it regular way.

I may see if 15 min is enough to thaw it (organic) and then saute it in IP.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote