Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 09-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #331
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

Actually I am using it for candida in my dog. I have been treating her for over 6 months with herbs and other natural remedies and she sort of got stuck at a certain stage of recovery. I started the clay internally and externally and within 2 days her hair started going back and her skin turned pink instead of black like it had been. She still has a ways to go but Carol assured me if I keep using it she will make a full recovery.

The info that came with it said it was good for yeast.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
Blue Aurora (09-11-2009)
Old 09-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #332
Sign Of The Fish Burger

I just recieved my shipment today!!! I got 6 clay baths and a jar of the clay. I had my first bath tonight.

Is it normal for the tub water to be a little black looking after?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #333
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that it turns black if you have a lot of toxins.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997

Old 09-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #334
Aisling
Deactivated

Even artichokes have hearts!

Aisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond repute

I made a poultice out of some with some lavendar EO today, and put it on my girls' newly acquired mosquito bites. DD#1 is especially sensitive to bites, and hers were all swollen and white and clear with big red rings around them.

An hour later, you can hardly SEE them, and dd reports no itching. In her words, "It's magic clay crud! Hooray!"

Seriously, this mama is impressed.
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #335
Sign Of The Fish Burger

I'm having a hard time with the taking it internally part. I guess it isn't working like I had thought it would. I've been taking it since Monday and I've only had 3 bowel movements. 2 on Monday and one today- and it was very hard and very painful.

And I drink SO MUCH water all day long, I know that isn't the problem. I've been trying to take phsyllium husk (sp?) but it doesn't dissolve no matter how much liquid I mix it into and I just can't get it down.

Any ideas?
Old 09-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #336
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

psyillium capsules?

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997

Old 09-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #337
Aisling
Deactivated

Aisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, yikes...my guess is that it's constipated you. I;d stop taking it ASAP, as well as the husks (fiber is great for constipation, unless you don't have enough water in your digestive tract, which you likely don't because of the clay). I'd drink prune juice and TONS of water, personally.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #338
Sign Of The Fish Burger

Why would the clay be constipating me? I thought it was supposed to pull everything out of me
Old 09-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #339
Lantern Light Mama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

A.K.A. joyinthspirit

Lantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond repute

How much are you using? I would drink more water, prune juice like gentlebirth mentioned and give it time to clear out. Then if you want to take it again, I would use even less. You probably don't need anywhere near as much as suggested in order for it to work. I would start with a very small amount to see how it is tolerated and then adjust the dosage of it. Everyone's digestive system is going to vary and how it effects everyone will be different. You're body may just be telling you to back off and slow down. Can you take an omega oils? I would eat more things that make you "go" for a few days and see what happens.
Lantern Light Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #340
Aisling
Deactivated

Because it sucks the moisture out your intestines, into it's self, and swells twice it's size, possibly causing blockage.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #341
Thankfulforgrace
Rose Garden

Thankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond reputeThankfulforgrace has a reputation beyond repute

I know this thread is old but I have a few questions . I think I'm going to get this for dd's eczema that seems to be more from just a in general hyperactive immune system then a perticular allergy.

For eczema would you start with a bath first for relief or just a paste? The external application is 1 in 3 with water (would our spring water that we drink work?) right? Then I know she needs to heal internally so then I'd move on to that...

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:36 PM   #342
waterbaby

Phew! Just read this whole thread! I ordered some clay today from ELC. I'm so excited to try it.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #343
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

i was wondering if anyone had the dosages for children handy? its been such a long time since i had to go by them but when others ask me i cant remember and i cant find them on line.
i did see an old post where a 2 year old would take 1/4tsp if i remember right?

I also wanted to add.i have some theories as to why some people get constipated with clay.
1. because of the outrageously high amount of americans that have parasites, the odds are very likely that when you take clay, you will kill some off in the process. sometimes the dead parasites themselves can slow things down until your body is able to get them out. if you have yeast or are using clay for a cleanse, you need to be mindful of this and adjust your fiber and electrolyte intake accordingly. as well as good fats.
2. unknown blockages. a very important reason to work yourself up to the right amount. gives your body time to signal to you whats going on. clay does not get stuck or build a blockage, one has to already be there or something that the clay moves creates one.
3. psyllium. some people cant handle the stuff, i cant. and when you try taking it for the first time with clay you mistake the clay for the constipation.
4. you gotta drink water! hydrated clay is already hydrated, its not gonna suck up water and magically expand. if you take hydrated clay in paste form and pour it into a cup, then add more water to the cup, the ball of clay isnt going to increase in size it isnt like that foam you spray into cracks that expands,lol...
just some random thoughts to add,he-hee, hope it helps someone
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
MamaPepper (02-24-2010), mountainash (02-24-2010), Stiina (02-15-2011), sweetpeasmommy (02-24-2010)
Old 02-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #344
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

I bought the book a few weeks ago. wasn't happy about the shipping charge but it is nice to have it in my hands.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #345
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

DS is 5 and I believe the naturopath told me to give him 1 TBSP 3 times a day during a gluten reaction so that's a pretty aggressive dose. Under more normal circumstances I would probably do 1 tsp for a younger child and 1 TBSP for a child his age. You could always email the lady at Earths Living, she would know for sure.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997