Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Attachment and Natural Parenting

Old 03-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #16
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "allergy" response or age thing? New exposure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValiantJoy07 View Post
my dd2 reacts with bizarre rages. I get irrational and sick and get the DH rash too.

It isn't just gluten that triggers dd2, oats, soy, and corn make her freak out too. We have recently had to cut out oats again, she is a mess for 2 days after she has a bowl of certified gluten free oatmeal, just not worth it.
We're super lucky Margaret has zero reactions to oats. She even had regular Quaker oats with no issues though we try to stick with certified gf. She loves loves oatmeal and she doesn't like many carbs and with her always in the underweight category I actually want her getting in some carbs.

Last edited by milkmommy; 03-13-2018 at 12:32 PM.
milkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to milkmommy For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (03-10-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 10:53 PM   #17
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "allergy" response or age thing?

We went out to lunch as a family. The place we chose included rolls she asked me if she could have one I said no...
She was understandable disappointed she pouted about it for a bit but it never escalated beyond that. Once she got her meal (bunless hot dog fries and salad) she was cool. After she told me again that she wished she could have had a roll but it was just like that..no screaming crying etc...
These rolls were way better looking smelling and tasting then the bland cheep refrigerator biscuits that cause the massive melt down before... honestly if I'd thought a head I might have told the waiter to just skip them because it was a bit mean.. it's been so long since we ate out as a family at a sit down place.. considering all this she handled her self pretty well. The only obvious difference is she has been without any obvious gluten exposure. Again maybe coincidence but it did make Dh and I go hmmmm...
everybody's mother (03-12-2018), HadassahSukkot (03-14-2018), knitlove (03-12-2018), OnAMission (03-12-2018), Singingmom (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #18
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

She ended up being exposed at the above dinner. We got too relaxed and I didn't ask about designated fryers.. pretty sure that was what did it..
With Sunday evening and yesterday she was super raggy. Everyone was against her e everything was an instant 10... Then starting I. The evening she began with stomachs pains and constant vomiting.. I'm waiting for the rash which doesn't always come but when it does says the worst is over so we kind of welcome it...
Her anger though was much better today and she woke saying her stomach felt ok so hopefully this one will blow over soon. Thankfully her reactions while heartbreaking to see don't usually last long time.
HadassahSukkot (03-14-2018), Llee (03-15-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 07:23 PM   #19
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I am sorry

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #20
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
Oh I am sorry

Thanks I think we are past the worst though.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #21
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard dairy and rages....I had no idea other allergens also triggered rages!

I am so sorry she still reacts....
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #22
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Facial rash appeared today fairly mild but their never less. Hopefully means the worst is behind us.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #23
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so.

How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #24
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

hope the worst is behind you

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote