Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
flowermama
Owner/Founder of GCM
Administrator

Run with endurance the race that is set before you. . . Heb. 12:1

flowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond reputeflowermama has a reputation beyond repute
Default L.R. Knost needs prayer

Has then been posted anywhere yet? Author LR Knost has been diagnosed with cancer. She had surgery and is in pain. If you aren't sure who she is, here is a link to an interview I did with her:
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...sandkisses.php

And here's her facebook page with updates:
https://www.facebook.com/littleheartsbooks

Here's a link to a page on her website about her diagnosis:
http://www.littleheartsbooks.com/201...the-diagnosis/

I appreciate her so much and look up to her so much. She's truly an inspiration to me. I am really sad she's going through this. I'm keeping her and her family in my prayers.

Vegan mom to my vegan kiddos DD1 (24), DS1 (21), DD2 (18), and DS2 (15)
And wife to my gentle DH for 26 years and counting

Instagram: gentleveganrunner
gentlechristianmothers

Last edited by flowermama; 09-16-2014 at 12:45 PM. Reason: to fix emoticon :)
flowermama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to flowermama For This Useful Post:
3xblessed (09-17-2014), Hannah Elise (09-18-2014), Hopetobe (09-16-2014), light of mine (09-16-2014), Maleldil's daughter (09-16-2014), passthemanna (09-16-2014), Peaceful Meadows (09-22-2014), Ravenzmama (10-08-2014), Rivendell Raven (09-18-2014), sunflowermom (09-16-2014), TraceMama (09-20-2014), ValiantJoy07 (09-17-2014), Wild Asparagus (09-17-2014), Wonder Woman (09-17-2014)
The Following 23 Users Say they are praying for flowermama:
3xblessed (09-17-2014), ArmsOfLove (09-17-2014), BriansLovie (09-16-2014), ChristmasGirl (09-16-2014), FlyingBlueKiwi (09-19-2014), HadassahSukkot (09-16-2014), jklmommy (09-19-2014), Kiara.I (09-17-2014), Llee (09-17-2014), momma2girls (09-16-2014), Mother of Sons (04-10-2017), OnAMission (09-16-2014), passthemanna (09-16-2014), Peaceful Meadows (09-22-2014), Quiteria (04-11-2017), Ravenzmama (10-08-2014), Rivendell Raven (09-18-2014), squiddles (09-16-2014), sunflowermom (09-16-2014), TraceMama (09-20-2014), ValiantJoy07 (09-17-2014), Wild Asparagus (09-17-2014), Wonder Woman (09-17-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L.R. Knost needs prayer

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowermom For This Useful Post:
flowermama (09-16-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
light of mine
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

Baby smooches

light of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond reputelight of mine has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for the reminder. I have probably shared more of her quotes on FB than anybody else combined. I was heartbroken to hear of her diagnosis, for her and her family.
flowermama (09-16-2014), Hannah Elise (09-18-2014)
Old 09-16-2014, 11:39 PM   #4
PlateauMama
Rose Trellis

PlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond reputePlateauMama has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, I've been reading her blog, but I totally missed that.
Havi (April '07)
My wild flower Zan (June '09)
My hon bun Loam Loam (Oct. '16)
PlateauMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlateauMama For This Useful Post:
flowermama (09-23-2014)
Old 09-17-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
3xblessed
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute3xblessed has a reputation beyond repute

Praying for L.R. Knost and her family.

mom to three - ages 39, 33, & 19

Nana to one - 22 months

3xblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3xblessed For This Useful Post:
flowermama (09-23-2014)
Old 09-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
emerald
Climbing Rose

emerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant future

Praying for her.

Married to C for 19+ years
Mom of 5
DS1 17
DD (in Heaven)
DS2 11
DS3 7
DS3 2

emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:
flowermama (09-23-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #7
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Hannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by light of mine View Post
Thank you so much for the reminder. I have probably shared more of her quotes on FB than anybody else combined. I was heartbroken to hear of her diagnosis, for her and her family.
Yes. This. Thank you for starting this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hannah Elise For This Useful Post:
flowermama (09-23-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Hannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond reputeHannah Elise has a reputation beyond repute

Hope this is okay to post, as it contains a mailing address... but it was posted on her public Facebook page by her son, and I thought it might be very encouraging for her to receive some cards from GCMers?

Quote:
After yesterday's hateful comments and death wishes toward my mom, the timing of the arrival of these flowers, gifts of a pipe cleaner bracelet and polished rock from the little girl of a gentle parenting supporter (special shout out to Parenting Beyond Punishment!), and other kind expressions of love and support from readers and positive parenting advocates was perfect. Thank you to everyone who made my mom smile today and yesterday with your comments, cards, letters, and gifts. You all ROCK! (Doc - L.R.Knost's son)

Here's the address for everyone who has asked and hasn't seen it anywhere on the wall yet:

L.R.Knost c/o Little Hearts Books, LLC 10524 Moss Park Rd. Suite 204-288 Orlando, FL 32832
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hannah Elise For This Useful Post:
Beth1231 (04-10-2017), flowermama (09-23-2014), Hopetobe (09-19-2014)
Old 09-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #9
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read her books, but now I want to. I will pray.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
flowermama (09-23-2014), Hannah Elise (09-19-2014)
Old 09-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #10
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy View Post
I haven't read her books, but now I want to. I will pray.
I've got all of them except her most recent (Jesus the Gentle Parent)... we even have her children'sbook Petey's Listening Ears.
flowermama (09-23-2014)
Old 09-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
Hopetobe
Rose Garden

Hopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, wow, she isn't that far from where I am.

That is terrible that she's gotten death wishes and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrea INTP, DYT 4/1
Wife to B ~9yrs
Mom to
E 3yo & L 1yo
10/13/09
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hopetobe For This Useful Post:
flowermama (09-23-2014)
Old 09-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #12
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Latest update from her FB page:

Quote:
Did you know that Steve Jobs died from neuroendocrine cancer? I didn't. That's what my mom has. Kind of freaking me out, to be honest. Anyway, quick update before I have to take off: My mom had another really rough night and morning, but has had a better day overall than she has since surgery. Hopefully she's turned a corner. We've got one small one down sick and on breathing treatments, one newly lost tooth, multiple paintings drying outside that can only be called...abstract, and far too much screen time and ice cream for the sick one (big brother's rules: if you're tiny and adorable and sick, you get dvd's and ice cream ) (Doc - L.R.Knost's son)
flowermama (09-23-2014)
Old 09-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #13
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

I have been following along on FB but it's good we have a prayer thread here too
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
flowermama (09-23-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #14
Hannah Elise
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy2boys View Post
I have been following along on FB but it's good we have a prayer thread here too
I just know that there are several mamas on here who do not have FB accounts, or purposefully do not visit FB as often, so I thought it might be beneficial to cross-post it for them.
flowermama (09-23-2014)
Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #15
mom2boys
Rose Garden

mom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond reputemom2boys has a reputation beyond repute

Ben (14) Greyson (11) Gabe (8)
INFP and DYT 3/2
mom2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mom2boys For This Useful Post:
flowermama (09-23-2014)