Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default eyebrows - what's the deal?

So I've been noticing more and more that people who do their eyebrows are *really* doing their brows! I mean, they are getting really huge! Is this a new trend - to have big eyebrows? They are still shaped nicely and all, but they are just BIG!

disclaimer - I don't do my brows!

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
squiddles (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: eyebrows - what's the deal?

It's been going around here too and while I don't want to offend anyone who does it, it looks totally hideous to me. Every time I just can't stop staring at them. Usually they are super angular and Unatural too. I don't get it.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! And to fill them in with an eyebrow pencil.

I think it can look nice if they are full and groomed. But sometimes they look bushy or like someone drew them on with permanent marker.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-11-2017), Katigre (10-11-2017), MaySunflowers (10-12-2017), ValiantJoy07 (10-12-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 07:16 PM   #4
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute

I hear them called Instagram Brows or YouTube Brows. I think there's a very heavily made up aesthetic with both of those formats and that combined with a kind of return to Cindy Crawford for Revlon in the 90s look creates an really intense and oversized brow.

I love a full brow but not the inflated style.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MegMarch For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 07:40 PM   #5
Beth1231
Deactivated

Beth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond repute

I really dislike my thick brows and can't image people trying to make them a thing! I feel like my face appears masculine when they get too out of control and I haaaate that.
Beth1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beth1231 For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago I lost about 1/3 of my eyebrows because of hypothyroidism and I started using a brow pencil. I like a soft manicured look. Where I live eyebrows are not as big as they were a year or more ago, and I am happy to say that the war paint look of contouring has now waned. Now it seems to be all about eyelash extensions. Sometimes they are done well, but other times the glue looks like lice live at the base of the eyelashes. Eww.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-11-2017), ValiantJoy07 (10-12-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #7
squiddles
Climbing Rose

squiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond repute
Default eyebrows - what's the deal?

Yeeessss!! It's super trendy... it's called "bushy eyebrows" you fill them in and brush them upwards to give a "natural not-plucked" look lol...
I'm not a fan, I love natural eyebrows, but some people are taking it overboard... and it looks SO unnatural!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squiddles For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-11-2017), KarenBoo (10-11-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #8
MaySunflowers
Deactivated

MaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else seen young ladies around age 20ish with faces so painted they look like badly done waxwork statues? Really noticed them around a lot lately... its like Halloween or stage makeup.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
MaySunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaySunflowers For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #9
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaySunflowers View Post
Anyone else seen young ladies around age 20ish with faces so painted they look like badly done waxwork statues? Really noticed them around a lot lately... its like Halloween or stage makeup.

YES!!

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
MaySunflowers (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #10
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

it all makes me feel kind of of and out of touch.
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
homesteadmama (10-16-2017), KarenBoo (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #11
Katigre
Rose Garden

Why thank you, it is naturally blue...

Katigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond repute

Fuller brows are currently very stylish and viewed as framing your face. Carla Delavign's eyebrows are a good example of what people are going for.

IME the best way to keep up with the newer makeup trends is through YouTube. I follow a few beauty vloggers and have learned a lot from them. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I now feel like I can put together a modern look (ex. Use highlighter and bronzer, do my eyebrows, apply foundation with a beauty blender knock off). I like keeping up with this type of thing even though I don't wear makeup every day.

My favorite vloggers is Jessica Braun (jambeauty89) because she's Midwestern. The LA vloggers are very...LA glam which is not my style.

I also like getting Ipsy bc they keep me up on the latest trends and it's a fun surprise in the mail every month ($10 gets you a bag and five beauty products - www.ipsy.com). Half of my makeup is from their bags!
Katigre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Katigre For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-12-2017), Llee (10-14-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 06:26 PM   #12
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

Instagram brows! I call them Sharpie brows. I generally dislike brows that look like stickers instead of human hair. I think what happened is red carpets have become a much bigger part of general culture, which then moved to papped pictures and Instagram, causing red carpet makeup to become more mainstream. Red carpet makeup is similar to stage makeup, so in person it's a Lot of Look. Contouring is more for pictures with flash, it gives dimension to faces. We don't need to have faces turned 3D in person so then it looks odd.

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-12-2017), MaySunflowers (10-12-2017), squiddles (10-13-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 08:31 PM   #13
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fuller brows are currently very stylish and viewed as framing your face. Carla Delavign's eyebrows are a good example of what people are going for.
Full brows are one thing but the stuff I've seen is just beyond that. I used to have full brows and I think natural full brows look nice but this just...different. I will see if I can find an Allen example.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-13-2017), Katigre (10-13-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #14
MaySunflowers
Deactivated

MaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles View Post
Instagram brows! I call them Sharpie brows. I generally dislike brows that look like stickers instead of human hair. I think what happened is red carpets have become a much bigger part of general culture, which then moved to papped pictures and Instagram, causing red carpet makeup to become more mainstream. Red carpet makeup is similar to stage makeup, so in person it's a Lot of Look. Contouring is more for pictures with flash, it gives dimension to faces. We don't need to have faces turned 3D in person so then it looks odd.
Yes! That must be it. My thought seeing some young ladies is often.... did they not look at themselves in natural light before going out?

MaySunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:21 AM   #15
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of Sons View Post
Full brows are one thing but the stuff I've seen is just beyond that. I used to have full brows and I think natural full brows look nice but this just...different. I will see if I can find an Allen example.
I agree. What I'm seeing is different. It's eyebrows that are filled in to be at least twice the size of normal eyebrows.

Virginia (10-13-2017)