Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:18 PM   #16
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January's Dinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster View Post
Can you tell me more about the ricotta?
Sure. It was this recipe (but I just made the ricotta and used it in lasagna)
https://www.oneingredientchef.com/ch...tuffed-shells/

Tonight we had the German lentil soup recipe from Happy Herbivore Around the World with some whole wheat garlic toast, heavy on the garlic (ds2 had strep and I'm not sure if the rest of us do- in any case I thought we could use the garlic, plus it was yummy!)

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (01-07-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #17
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

That is a really intriguing recipe. Thanks for sharing! Going to have to try it.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
Aerynne (01-07-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 08:17 PM   #18
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster View Post
That is a really intriguing recipe. Thanks for sharing! Going to have to try it.
It's really good! Let me know if you try it!

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #19
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Tuesday - party shrimp, cheddar grits, sauteed veggies (mushrooms, zucchini, spinach), tomato sauce
Wednesday - gluten free spaghetti bolognese, crockpot creamed corn, simple greens with olive oil and vinegar dressing and blue cheese
Tonight - chiles rellenos, rice, green beans
Tomorrow night - chicken tacos, refried beans, Mexican rice, homemade salsa and guacamole
Saturday and Sunday - easy chicken and rice soup
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
Virginia (01-11-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #20
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Egg Roll in a Bowl tonight
The Tickle Momster (01-11-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 05:23 PM   #21
Beth1231
Deactivated

Beth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond reputeBeth1231 has a reputation beyond repute

Potato soup (instant pot)
Beth1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #22
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I made a venison stew with dill dumplings tonight. It was very good. You could use beef if you didn't have venison. The seasoning was kind of crazy. The recipe called for 10 bay leaves and 3 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce. I doubled the recipe, but didn't quite double those two. It had a lot of flavor.

I've committed to cooking dinner nightly, which may mean turning down some out of the house opportunities and committing to actually staying home to cook! I will try to remember to take some pictures.

So far this month I've made:

-Black eyed peas with ham and bacon, corn casserole
-Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad
-Tacos with homemade salsa and guacamole
-Horseradish venison stroganoff
-Black beans with hot sausage and cilantro lime rice
-Chicken Pot Pie
-Venison stew with vegetables
-Venison stew with dill dumplings
-Picadillo tacos (ground meat, potatoes, onions, rotel tomatoes)
-Chicken fried steak(venison), mashed potatoes, peas

I'm trying to use up my venison that is from last season! I've got 2 deer from this year in my pantry and dh is going hunting one more time this month!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
charla (01-12-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #23
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

I think tonight will be Broccoli Beef in the IP.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #24
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight is supposed to be Chicken Alfredo pasta, but with volleyball from 4:00 to who knows when, I am not sure how that's supposed to work! I guess we could eat really late tonight!
Old 01-12-2019, 11:31 AM   #25
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a recipe for the horseradish venison stroganoff? I love the flavor of horseradish. I assume I could sub beef for the venison?

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 01-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #26
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Pork tenderloin and steamed broccoli last night.

Oatmeal pancakes tonight. (with extra to freeze)
Old 01-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #27
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited by heartofjoy; 01-12-2019 at 09:40 PM.
heartofjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #28
charla
Administrator

Desiree, I appreciate the recipe. We don't want to violate the copyright though. I originally thought you could re-write the recipe in your own words, but I happened to find an online link for the recipe. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/...on-stroganoff/. Could you replace your photo with the link please or I can do it for you if you'd like? Thank you!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 01-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #29
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

We had baked spaghetti tonight.
I also made chicken curry and veggies in the crockpot last night so we have that to eat all weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:30 PM   #30
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I cam home to a fridge full of leftovers that my mom made while she had the girls for the first 10 days of January.

I have yet to really cook anything this month.

I really need to get a meal plan done and try to keep it cheep, DH doesn't get paid untill the end of the month and we are currently keeping up double households.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
doubleblessings (01-13-2019), Soliloquy (01-12-2019)