Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #1
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default any good GF sugar cookie recipes?

Before Margaret used to love the lofthouse frosted cookies (or similar) Recently I found this https://jet.com/product/detail/fb245...5-0df3c8958f00 at our target and we made and frosted some. They are "good" but the cookies are on the dry side anyone have a good GF sugar cookie recipe or a brand they have tried and liked. The later better. because lazy
Old 08-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any good GF sugar cookie recipes?

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute

Milkmommy, the cookies you are asking about are basically not sweet and bland and the icing is the sweetness? If so, I have a recipe that uses arrowroot and you ice them. The recipe I have tastes the same (to us) as the gluten version at the store.

If this is what you are looking for, I will try to find the recipe and type it up for you.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #4
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedchen View Post
Milkmommy, the cookies you are asking about are basically not sweet and bland and the icing is the sweetness? If so, I have a recipe that uses arrowroot and you ice them. The recipe I have tastes the same (to us) as the gluten version at the store.

If this is what you are looking for, I will try to find the recipe and type it up for you.
Probably it's been a while since I ate them. We actually really liked the flavor of the above not too sweet but nice vanilla flavor and no weird aftertaste. I just wish they weren't quite so dry. They actually seemed a bit better this morning.
However I'm up for recipes.
Maedchen (08-27-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 03:11 PM   #5
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute

My 'granddog' is back home after being away for 4 days, so my puppy is running around like a crazy clown and jumping. I will try to post when she takes a breather and hopefully settles some.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

OK,I am going to post the recipe of the 'exact way I got it" and then I will tell you what I altered to avoid some of the allergens we have.

Frosted Sugar Cookies (tastes like the ones in the Grocery Store display)

1 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup corn starch
2 tsps GF vanilla
1/2 cup softened butter
1 egg
1/4 cup soy flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp GF baking powder
1/2 cup + 1Tbs sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Combine the flours and powder and set aside. Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add everything to the creamed mixture. Roll into balls (1 inch) and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls. Bake 6-10 min. This makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Butter Cream Frosting.

4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup milk
food coloring and sprinkles are optional.

This makes a huge batch of frosting. You will only use about 1/2 of the frosting for this batch of cookies. The frosting keeps well in the fridge for about 2-4 weeks. (If you aren't going to do 2 batches, then I would just half this icing recipe.)

We used arrowroot in place of the cornstarch and I think it was sorghum flour I used in place of the soy flour. I may have added 1/2 tsp of guar gum as well to make sure they were not gritty depending on the grind of my rice flour and if it was 'sweet' rice flour or not.

This is one of my daughter's favorite cookie and she was thrilled to find this recipe and thought that it was the exact feel of the gluten version at the grocery store.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maedchen For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (08-27-2017), GlacierLily (08-28-2017), milkmommy (08-27-2017), OnAMission (08-27-2017), Singingmom (08-27-2017)