Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Soups *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 03-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
LovinBeingMommy
Rose Garden

The many faces of Monkey

LovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes

I really like chicken noodle soup, but don't have a clue how to make it. (and the canned stuff isn't nearly as yummy) What's your favorite recipe for it? I wanna try a few and see what I like best.

Most definitely INFJ

Be my friend?!
(Just let me know you're a GCM )
LovinBeingMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes

I know if you use a whole chicken is probably more nourishing because oh the nutrients involved in the bones but I do a quicker version in the Crockpot with cut up white meat chicken breasts,organic or all natural no-MSG chicken broth - 2 of the soft containers - sea salt added towards end so chicken doesnt get tough,minced garlic,cut up onion,celery if you like,carrots - either sliced or a bag of baby carrots would work,parsley and could throw in a handful of green frozen peas if you like towards end of cooking time.I let it get all heated up on high then turn down to low.I cook egg noodles or rice sep. so they dont get mushy and then add.Just simmer for several hours until carrots tender and chick fully cooked and serve with the cooked noodles or rice.Im not much of a measuring person

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
LovinBeingMommy
Rose Garden

The many faces of Monkey

LovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond reputeLovinBeingMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacat View Post
Im not much of a measuring person
That's ok. The lady who's been teaching me some cooking basics never measures. I'm not sure she even owns measuring cups.

That sounds like a yummy recipe. I'll have to pick up a couple ingredients and do it in the next week or so!

Most definitely INFJ

Be my friend?!
(Just let me know you're a GCM )
LovinBeingMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Mert
Rose Garden

Mert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond reputeMert has a reputation beyond repute

I start this in the crockpot so it can cook overnight or all day long whether I'm at home or not. Then I move it to my stock pot about 6 hours before I'm going to serve.

I start with a whole chicken (can be frozen), 2 or 3 onions quartered, several stalks of celery chopped pretty small, whatever carrots I have, 1-2 TBSP vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and all the water that the pot will hold. I let that go on low at least until the chicken is falling apart.

Pull all the chicken and bones out of the pot and transfer the liquid and mushy veggies into the stock pot. Put all the bones back in, add water and simmer.

About an hour before serving, remove bones and blend what's left. (I use a hand blender, but you can actually do it in a stand blender in batches.) Add 1-2 cups of the previously removed shredded meat. You can also add 1-2 of fresh chopped veggies if you like that in your soup. If I do this, I typically use carrots. I just boil the noodles in the soup itself about 15 mins. before serving. ~HTH
Mert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Mum2Es
Rose Trellis

Mum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is super easy. I stole it, I think, from Rabbit's blog.

Dice up carrot and onion and whatever other vegies you want to use (I usually use zucchini). Gently saute in a big saucepan until onion is soft, then add stock (or, if you haven't got any or you're too broke to get it, like me, water is fine!) and simmer for a few more minutes. When it's nearly done, shred in chicken (I poach a breast fillet and shred that) and add your pre-cooked noodles (I use the dried rice noodles which you just pour boiling water over to soften) and season - I use salt, pepper, and a dash of soy sauce, serve up the kids, then add a big dash of sweet chilli sauce for me and DH!

Takes about 20 minutes from start to table and it's yummy!
Old 03-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Charla’s Chicken Noodle Soup
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 TBSP olive oil
˝ lg onion, diced
2 carrots, halved and sliced
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 lg garlic clove, minced
2 qts chicken broth
2 cups water
1 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
1 bay leaf
1 large lemon
Salt
4 oz whole grain spaghetti, broken into bite-size lengths
Shredded parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken breasts on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until juices run clear.

Meanwhile sauté onion, carrots, celery and garlic in olive oil until soft. Stir in chicken broth, water, chicken bouillon cube if using and bay leaf. Season with salt and juice of the lemon. Bring to a boil and add broken spaghetti. Cube chicken into bite-size pieces and add to soup. Gently boil until pasta is tender about 8-10 minutes. Discard bay leaf and adjust salt. Ladle into bowls and top each serving with shredded parmesan cheese.

Don't be afraid of the lemon in this recipe. It really brightens the flavor of the soup.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote