Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #46
NeshamaMama
Rose Garden

Formerly emilik :)

NeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easter dinner

I'm making those parmesan potato stacks now too.

Christopher
(INTP)

Mama to
Mayah Evangeline (01/10
)
and
Miriam Anneliese (05/12)
Living simply and loving my God!

NeshamaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NeshamaMama For This Useful Post:
LilacPhoenix (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #47
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Lamb chops
Asparagus
mashed potatoes
Macaroni salad (DH request might just do it for lunch)
rolls

Dessert
strawberries and fresh whip cream
brownies
LilacPhoenix (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #48
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

How did everyone's Easter dinner work out?

Mine went perfectly. Everything came together and all the food was delicious and the company was great. The weather was fantastic so all the kids (and adults) had a great time playing flag football in the yard while the food cooked.

Happy Easter everyone! Christ is Risen!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
LikeQuietDreams (04-20-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #49
LikeQuietDreams
Rose Trellis

fka Sweetbelly :)

LikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond repute

Everything turned out well! I timed everything just about right for once. It was a great day... but I am TIRED!

Wifey to my always thinking, sarcastic, librarian, INFJ hubby. (10/2007) "So, I've been thinking..."
Loving mama to my energetic, compassionate, and BIG feelings having ds "I" (01/2009) "You're going to be okay, little plant."
and my easy-going though slightly demanding, tough bulldozer, ds "H". (09/2011) "Hey! Hey! HEEEY!"

I'm blogging!
LikeQuietDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LikeQuietDreams For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-20-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #50
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Uh...we ate pizza
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-20-2014), LikeQuietDreams (04-20-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-20-2014), milkmommy (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #51
mamaKristin
Rose Garden

parenting better than I garden

mamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond repute

Mine came together beautifully

We had 11 guests, and I ran out of cutlery.

My kitchen is now clean, and I'm tired
mamaKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamaKristin For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-21-2014), LikeQuietDreams (04-21-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-21-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #52
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Two of my three guests are still here DH and our Bahai(sp?) friend are "discussing" religion

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #53
Snugglebugmom
Rose Bush

I will live in the moment. Unless the moment is unpleasant, in which case I will eat a cookie.

Snugglebugmom has much to be proud ofSnugglebugmom has much to be proud ofSnugglebugmom has much to be proud ofSnugglebugmom has much to be proud ofSnugglebugmom has much to be proud ofSnugglebugmom has much to be proud ofSnugglebugmom has much to be proud ofSnugglebugmom has much to be proud ofSnugglebugmom has much to be proud ofSnugglebugmom has much to be proud of

It was lovely. We had homemade pizzas. DH made the dough and the girls helped with the kneading. Then the five of us put on the toppings. We did a barbecue chicken, ham and pineapple with barbecue sauce base, and DH's old favorite, pepperoni, black olives, mushrooms and red bell pepper on a tomato base. Something for everyone! It was delicious, and such a lovely change from our usual forced inlaw-hosted dinner that always involves drama. I have taken back Easter and Christmas, and I am so glad!

INFJ, T1 striving to be a gentle mama to Munchkin 11/15/2005, Peanut 28/04/2008, and Sprout 10/07/2011

"Come seek with me.
It isn't an easy road. It wasn't meant to be.
But it is our road, and we are called to travel it."

Mother Angelica

Snugglebugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snugglebugmom For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-23-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-21-2014), squiddles (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #54
jujubnme
Rose Garden

Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness. (James 3:18)

jujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond reputejujubnme has a reputation beyond repute

It was great... especially since I only had to make the salad (Greens, beets, goat cheese and walnuts with a honey vinaigrette). Ds rated the salad "tolerable," which is actually high praise for him for a salad (and he ate it!). It made my MIL feel really great when Ds thanked her for the rest of the meal at the end, saying that it was delicious.

wife to my awesome dh since 8/2000 - mom to my sweet jujube ds since 9/2001
all INFPs, living in harmonious chaos.

GLORY be to God for dappled things---
All things counter, original, spare, strange;
Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)
With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;
He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:
Praise him.

GERARD MANLY HOPKINS

jujubnme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jujubnme For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-23-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #55
katiekind
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Peace be with you.

katiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond reputekatiekind has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my word--it was fantastic. We were all just oh-ing and ah-ing our way through the meal.

I made Kristin's leg of lamb (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/roast-l...with-rosemary/)
and garlic mashed potatoes, and minted peas. (http://wednesdaychef.typepad.com/the...slaters-p.html)

My middle son made asparagus with hollandaise sauce and bread.

He loves to cook; more and more we team up for holiday meals.

Oh, and we had an insanely good italian wine, a gift from oldest son. It went so well with the lamb.
katiekind is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katiekind For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-23-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-21-2014), mamaKristin (04-22-2014), squiddles (04-21-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #56
JoEllen
Banned

"When life gives you lemons, cut them in half and squirt life in the eye!" - Unknown

JoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond reputeJoEllen has a reputation beyond repute

We had pretty much the usual: ham, green bean casserole, pasta salad, resurrection rolls, and the adults had wine (kids had milk or raspberry lemonade).

I tried something different with the ham this year, experimental cook that I am. I soaked it in Sprite, to take out some of the salt, and it actually turned out really good!

Last edited by JoEllen; 04-22-2014 at 05:07 PM.
JoEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JoEllen For This Useful Post:
LilacPhoenix (04-22-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #57
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

We ate at bil's. We had roast beef tenderloin made rotisserie style, scalloped potatoes, green beans in mushroom sauce, and Yorkshire puddings.

I still want to do a dinner for my parents, brainstorming that!

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparrow For This Useful Post:
LilacPhoenix (04-22-2014)
Old 04-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #58
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

The food turned out great! DH said the roast was the best I had ever cooked and I have to agree Our guests asked how I cooked the carrots because they were so good.

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
katiekind (04-22-2014)
Old 04-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #59
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmljll View Post
The food turned out great! DH said the roast was the best I had ever cooked and I have to agree Our guests asked how I cooked the carrots because they were so good.
How did you cook the carrots (and I apologize in advance if you already told us, I read the earlier part of the thread a long time ago and don't remember. )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
charla (04-23-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-23-2014)
Old 04-23-2014, 10:02 AM   #60
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

They're super simple Cook 5 lbs sliced carrots in 1 1/2 c. chicken broth (and salt and pepper to taste), covered, until fairly soft. Stir in 1 1/2 c. heavy cream and simmer uncovered until desired thickness.

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes