Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 03-13-2015, 04:47 AM   #331
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer View Post
Have you tried listing it on Freecycle or Craigslist for free? Are there local garage sale and free stuff groups on facebook? I would try those things. If no one will come get it that way, then call Salvation Army or other donation places and see if any will take it out of your house.
I haven't, because dh is afraid the people will trash the floor/porch.

Honestly, as much as I hate to do it, it is looking like I may need to take a crowbar to it and take it out in pieces...
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #332
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

I need to be here. We're movning and it is crazy in this house right now. DH wnts to keep or sell stuff, I'm like "Get it out of here right now!"

I gave away two bags of kid's clothes this week. You know it's a mess when your toddler points to your bedroom and tells you "Pick up, pick up!"
Johns_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johns_Gal For This Useful Post:
believer (03-27-2015), rjy9343 (04-04-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #333
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

Purged a bag of my clothes. Just need to get it out of the house now.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
believer (03-27-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #334
easygoinmomma
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Silence is golden unless you have boys. Then it means they're into something!

easygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I put 1 large bag of stuffed animals, 3 bags of baby clothes, and 1 bag of my clothes into the truck to take to the Salvation Army on Sunday.
and momma to all boys
The Manatee
Lishy
Doodles
Goose
and Charlie the litter trained Chihuahua
easygoinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoinmomma For This Useful Post:
believer (03-27-2015)
Old 03-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #335
ShepherdsWife
Rose Bouquet

Full-time Mom to DS 8/13/12, Wife to the Sheep Man, and Rancher to 8000 momma sheep(ewes) :)

ShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant future

As this baby is outgrowing, I am getting rid of the baby blankets, receiving blankets and extras that I never used for either of the two kids.
DD December 2014
ShepherdsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShepherdsWife For This Useful Post:
believer (03-27-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #336
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I finally dropped off that bag of clothes at the thrift shop!

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
believer (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 05:09 AM   #337
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

Made a thrift store run to drop off a load. Maybe I will purge some more today, since I am home. Weather is yucky and I don't want to grocery shop in it today....
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady TS For This Useful Post:
believer (03-27-2015)
Old 03-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #338
believer
Rose Garden

believer has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond repute

I took a bag of old towels to the SPCA this week. I scheduled a pick up for Monday for a charity to come and get stuff. I have some things ready for them in the garage and will go through stuff to see if I have more to add over the weekend. And I just bagged up two bags of books to sell at Half-Price Books - not sure when I will get over there with them yet - probably next weekend.
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
http://becauseisaidsothathswhy.blogspot.com/
believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #339
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I have three bags to go to Goodwill and threw out a bunch of things in the bathroom. We also boxed up almost all of Ivy's toys and put them in the attic so that she can keep her room in order. (She loved the idea and is very happy we did that. I would have had a massive melt down if my parents even suggested, let alone did it). I am going to clean out the coat closet and my bathroom this week.
We need to decide what to do with all of the clothes Ivy has outgrown as well. I want to take them to the consignment store/donate them, my husband wants to have a yard sale. We will set something in stone about that tonight so that it can be done and over soon.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
believer (04-04-2015)
Old 04-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #340
believer
Rose Garden

believer has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond repute

I started my new job at the library this week and they sell donated used books, so instead of half-price books, I took my two bags of books to the library. I also boxed up some books that dh said he was not sure if he wanted to part with (but they are available online so he might), and they are in the attic now. I figure if they are there awhile, eventually he will say it is ok to donate them.
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
Old 04-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #341
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I just discovered my bread machine is dead. I called the trash service to see how to dispose of it and moved it to the garage so that it does not get put back into the pantry. Monday, I'll either put in the trash or put on the curb for pick up depending on what they tell me.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:08 AM   #342
princessrhani
Deactivated

Married to Samuel since 2008, Mama to Esther Rose since 2013.

princessrhani is on a distinguished road

Has anyone done the KonMari method of decluttering ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
princessrhani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #343
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessrhani View Post
Has anyone done the KonMari method of decluttering ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am working on it and mostly done. I have always been a good declutterer and a minimalist, but it took my decluttering to a whole new level! We got rid of a ton of furniture (I didn't think we had extra), books, clothes, etc.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:36 AM   #344
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I skimmed an article by the author of "Stuffocation" and he encouraged everyone to take the money they would normally spend on "stuff" (for us that's mostly birthdays & Christmas) and spend it on experiences. I love that idea. I think for birthdays they'll get one gift to open and the rest in experiences.

We just took our first real vacation in 7 years and I want to do more traveling.

Horseback riding, museum memberships, day trips, weekend trips, lessons, team sports, etc.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (04-06-2015), sunflowermom (04-06-2015)
Old 04-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #345
believer
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I skimmed an article by the author of "Stuffocation" and he encouraged everyone to take the money they would normally spend on "stuff" (for us that's mostly birthdays & Christmas) and spend it on experiences. I love that idea. I think for birthdays they'll get one gift to open and the rest in experiences.

We just took our first real vacation in 7 years and I want to do more traveling.

Horseback riding, museum memberships, day trips, weekend trips, lessons, team sports, etc.
That is great! I read and enjoyed that book. It is quite good. I am currently reading "the life-changing magic of tidying up". So silly. But, I am decluttering more. I just bagged up some craft supplies that I will try to sell and if they don't sell, I will donate them and I started another donation box in the garage.
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs