Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #16
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How would YOU define "behind" on the laundry?

f I dont do about 3 loads a day that would put me behind

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 07:30 AM   #17
Atsirk
Rose Trellis

My sweet boy a few days after his 1st birthday!

Atsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always behind because I HATE doing laundry! If we had the extra money I would totally pay someone to do it! Right now we have 3 hampers next to the washing machine that are overflowing. And I have a mountain of clothes that need to be folded. I think maybe we need to go through and purge our clothes and towels so we don't have so many But then I'd have to do laundry more often. So maybe not
Baby C born 12/19/18!
Atsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atsirk For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016), purity4God (02-02-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 08:02 AM   #18
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

I do laundry once a week, and it takes all day when I do it. It's usually Tuesday but I occasionally reassign it to a different day if Tuesday won't work for whatever reason. I am "behind" if I miss my assigned day, whether that is Tuesday or another day I reassigned it to. By my definition, I am never behind on laundry. It's theoretically possible that I could be, but it doesn't happen. I have to have not done any laundry for a week to be "behind".

If anyone is out of clothes, it is because they don't have enough clothes to make it to the next laundry day. Then that means they need more clothes. Or it is because they are changing their outfits more than they are supposed to.

Recently dh cleaned out the dryer vent and got a ton of stuff out. Now instead of the laundry being done at 9 pm, it's done around 3 pm like it used to be.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day

Last edited by Aerynne; 01-28-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016), purity4God (02-02-2016), WanderingJuniper (01-29-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #19
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynne View Post
I do laundry once a week, and it takes all day when I do it. It's usually Tuesday but I occasionally reassign it to a different day if Tuesday won't work for whatever reason. I am "behind" if I miss my assigned day, whether that is Tuesday or another day I reassigned it to. By my definition, I am never behind on laundry. It's theoretically possible that I could be, but it doesn't happen. I have to have not done any laundry for a week to be "behind".
I also do laundry on one day a week usually Wednesday or Thursday or Friday. I also would not consider myself behind unless I hadn't done the laundry for that particular week. The only other ways I would call myself behind on laundry is if I left the folded piles of clothes on the dryer instead of putting them away or if I had run out of clean kitchen towels or washcloths (I have way too many bath towels to run out of).
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016), purity4God (02-02-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #20
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

We have 2 tall laundry baskets, if they are both full I feel behind. Definitely if someone runs out of something.
Oh and if the clean clothes one in my room is full or spilling over then I would feel behind on that part.

Last edited by rdsmommy; 01-28-2016 at 09:36 AM.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 10:13 AM   #21
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
I also do laundry on one day a week usually Wednesday or Thursday or Friday. I also would not consider myself behind unless I hadn't done the laundry for that particular week. The only other ways I would call myself behind on laundry is if I left the folded piles of clothes on the dryer instead of putting them away or if I had run out of clean kitchen towels or washcloths (I have way too many bath towels to run out of).
Oh, yes, I would be behind if I had clean clothes that weren't folded and put away.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #22
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Today I realized something, even when I am caught up on laundry...if I am home for the day I "create" laundry. This morning I only had one load to wash, so I pulled all the bedding out of my 12yo's bedroom to wash. I made two loads in that process. Her sheets get washed regularly, but not the blankets and dust ruffle. If her curtains hadn't been recently laundered, I would have pulled those down, too.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016), ECingMama (01-28-2016), JoannaV (01-28-2016), Soliloquy (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #23
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

If each person has had one load washed in the week, we are caught up.

The kids could last 2-3 weeks, I think. I could make it 10 days. I also like to re-wear clothes.

I like to wash sheets once a week and towels get used 3 times before washing.

I like laundry. It's an enjoyable task.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016), ValiantJoy07 (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 12:38 PM   #24
bliss
Rose Garden

NEUROSPICY!

bliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond reputebliss has a reputation beyond repute

Running out of things for sure. No underwears, no towels, no kitchen rags.
2TMama (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 12:43 PM   #25
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

More than 2 loads needing to be washed.

More than 2 loads needing to be folded & put away.

I do something laundry related almost every day.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECingMama View Post

I like laundry. It's an enjoyable task.
Me too. It's why using cloth diapers is a no-brainer for me.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #26
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
More than 2 loads needing to be washed.

More than 2 loads needing to be folded & put away.

I do something laundry related almost every day.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Me too. It's why using cloth diapers is a no-brainer for me.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #27
JoannaV
Rose Trellis

JoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond reputeJoannaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmummy07 View Post
If there is more than a load waiting to be done.

If more than one catagory has a full load waiting to be washed.

If I'm running out of clean xyz.
Kind of this.

We don't have a dryer so there's a limit on how quickly I can "catch up" on laundry. At those times when it's harder to dry stuff I have to stay on top of it more.

DH (ISFP) 07/09
DS1 01/12
DS2 06/14
DD1 01/16
JoannaV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoannaV For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016), everybody's mother (02-06-2016), Quiteria (01-29-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #28
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

The official answer is: I am behind when we run out of cloth napkins.
My children would say I am behind when they run out of their top 4 favorite outfits.
My husband better not say I am ever behind or he will be doing his own laundry.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (01-28-2016), RiverRock (01-28-2016), Soliloquy (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #29
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

I am behind when the hamper is too full (that's like two loads), there is a load of towels waiting, or there is more than one basket of folded laundry.

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #30
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of Sons View Post
To me behind is any laundry waiting to be done. If there is a full load and it's not in the washer, I am behind

same here

Last edited by mommylove; 01-28-2016 at 08:12 PM.
mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says they are praying for mommylove:
2TMama (01-28-2016)