Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:00 PM   #31
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How would YOU define "behind" on the laundry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
Today I realized something, even when I am caught up on laundry...if I am home for the day I "create" laundry. This morning I only had one load to wash, so I pulled all the bedding out of my 12yo's bedroom to wash. I made two loads in that process. Her sheets get washed regularly, but not the blankets and dust ruffle. If her curtains hadn't been recently laundered, I would have pulled those down, too.
I'm still giggling about this. I like to create laundry too. I need to wash all the curtains in the house. I don't do it in the winter though. I like to air dry them. I'm gonna pretend like it's not 60 degrees here.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (01-29-2016)
Old 01-29-2016, 08:58 AM   #32
2TMama
Rose Garden

Flawed & Forgiven. Rescued, Redeemed & Restored. Image Bearer, Grace Embracer, Joy Seeker & Hope Stirrer.

2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute

Dh says they'll be up & running by tonight. I work tomorrow, so won't get to it again until tomorrow evening....

BUT my bedroom hamper & the laundry room hamper are full, so I'd say I am officially behind

Thank God for large capacity machines

2TMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #33
november
Rose Trellis

november has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond reputenovember has a reputation beyond repute

I don't feel behind on laundry until literally every clothes hamper is totally full, lol. I usually go, like, 3 weeks between laundry sessions and at that point, I am definitely feeling behind the laundry curve. :laugh

Married to the love of my life
Mama to (7) & (2)

Save
november is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to november For This Useful Post:
2TMama (01-29-2016)
Old 01-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #34
emerald
Climbing Rose

emerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
If I have gone two days without doing any laundry, I would consider myself to be behind. I do 2-3 loads of laundry most days.
Me too.

Married to C for 19+ years
Mom of 5
DS1 17
DD (in Heaven)
DS2 11
DS3 7
DS3 2

emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:26 PM   #35
purity4God
Deactivated

purity4God is a splendid one to beholdpurity4God is a splendid one to beholdpurity4God is a splendid one to beholdpurity4God is a splendid one to beholdpurity4God is a splendid one to beholdpurity4God is a splendid one to beholdpurity4God is a splendid one to beholdpurity4God is a splendid one to behold

I laughed when I read the title to this thread. It is the all-too-familiar struggle in my home to be caught up on laundry. Being "behind" on my laundry is what most days look like. I wonder what it would be like to be caught up. How do you define being caught up?? Lol. My hubby had a great idea to wash & fold at least one load a day. I haven't even been able to stick to that! That is amazing 2-3 loads a day some of you! I think the most common struggle I hear is not so much the washing and drying, but the folding & putting away.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

I think I'm going to go put a load in now!
purity4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:24 PM   #36
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

HuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond repute

We have three laundry baskets. For me, behind is when all three of those baskets are filled with dirty laundry. (Usually, I have one basket empty, one basket in the laundry room with clean clothes, and one basket in the closet with dirty clothing in it.)

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10
HuggaBuggaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:43 PM   #37
L-Boogie
Rose Trellis

L-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond reputeL-Boogie has a reputation beyond repute

If I haven't done laundry in 4 days, someone will be out of clean socks or underwear. I have to do all the laundry every three days.
11/06 2/10 8/13
L-Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:46 PM   #38
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeGracie View Post
I don't consider myself behind until someone's out of clean underwear. I have a couple bigger laundry days each week, and then a load here and there as needed in the other days. I rarely get to the point where I feel behind; maybe if I've been sick for a few days, or if it's the holidays and I'm focusing on other things and suddenly one of the kids tells me they're out of something clean.
That's pretty much my definition - out of underwear. Unless of course we need to go out somewhere...then if we don't have clean undies & a clean outfit we're behind.
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:17 PM   #39
MercyInDisguise
Rose Garden

The only way we'll last forever is broken together

MercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond repute

We live in an apartment and have a veerrrrry small stackable washer and dryer. When I wash towels, I can only wash 2 large bath towels at once, with some wash cloths and hand towels thrown in. It was essential when we moved here to come up with a system, otherwise it all falls apart.

Mondays I wash all the towels (usually 2 loads).
Tuesdays I wash all C's and A's clothes (usually 2 loads).
Wednesdays I skip because we are gone all morning.
Thursdays I wash all dh's and my clothes (usually 3 loads).
Fridays I wash sheets or blankets or whatever else needs washing.
I do run a load of diapers about every other day. If I go 3 days without washing diapers, it will be two loads.

So for our situation right now, I would say that if I skip a day of laundry, I'm behind.
Mama to
A 20 months
a little one who will only ever know heaven 8/1/13
MercyInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #40
Ravenzmama
Seedling Rose

"The words you speak become the house you live in." Hafiz

Ravenzmama will become famous soon enough

Behind for me is if I have more laundry to dry than places to hang it. Our dryer went kaput awhile back and I never replaced it.
Ravenzmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #41
2TMama
Rose Garden

Flawed & Forgiven. Rescued, Redeemed & Restored. Image Bearer, Grace Embracer, Joy Seeker & Hope Stirrer.

2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel.... That must be a compact washer/dryer. It beats hand washing, but those are some small loads! Sounds like you have a good system down ��

2TMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #42
MercyInDisguise
Rose Garden

The only way we'll last forever is broken together

MercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond reputeMercyInDisguise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TMama View Post
Rachel.... That must be a compact washer/dryer. It beats hand washing, but those are some small loads! Sounds like you have a good system down ��
Beats hand washing for sure, especially diapers. It's also better (and cheaper) than taking two crazy kids to the laundromat a few buildings over, but yeah. Still tiny.
Mama to
A 20 months
a little one who will only ever know heaven 8/1/13
MercyInDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MercyInDisguise For This Useful Post:
2TMama (02-05-2016)