Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 11-08-2016, 04:18 PM   #31
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: November Dinners

Roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta and shallots, meat sauce over pasta or spaghetti squash. I'm not sure if that's soothing enough for tonight, or if anything would be. Your fajitas sound really good though, Danielle.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #32
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Leftover spaghetti

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #33
ServingGrace
Rose Blossom

ServingGrace is just really niceServingGrace is just really niceServingGrace is just really niceServingGrace is just really niceServingGrace is just really nice

Tonight we had sponach and feta salad with vinegarett dressing and quinoa with meatballs and tomatoes stewed with carrots, zucchini and broccoli. My daughter made the meatballs and sauce and I let her choose what veggies to put in it.
ServingGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:49 PM   #34
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Election night is definitely a comfort food night.

We had chili. My garden heirloom tomatoes are slowly coming to an end... I picked the last of them that were still green before the first frost and they've been ripening on my counter.

The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
ServingGrace (11-09-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 10:00 PM   #35
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight we had cabbage roll soup with biscuits. It was pretty good and the kids ate it well, but DH was only meh about it.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:15 PM   #36
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

We had pastrami reuben sandwiches with a harvest salad. It's so funny, because I hardly feel like it's cooking (I put pastrami, thousand island, swiss cheese, and sauerkraut on a soft bun and warmed it) and you would have thought I made the most amazing thing in the world.
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laurlor For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (11-09-2016), charla (11-08-2016), MaybeGracie (11-08-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 03:42 PM   #37
ServingGrace
Rose Blossom

ServingGrace is just really niceServingGrace is just really niceServingGrace is just really niceServingGrace is just really niceServingGrace is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
Election night is definitely a comfort food night.

We had chili. My garden heirloom tomatoes are slowly coming to an end... I picked the last of them that were still green before the first frost and they've been ripening on my counter.

Mms, this makes me want to make chili again. We have been following the GAPS diet and have not reintroduced beans yet. All has gone well with cornmeal if fermented so I think chili and cornbread will be in our near future.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Faux fois gras ( I had to spell one of those wrong) made from chicken liver instead of goose. Spread on thin slices of saur dough bread topped with sauerkraut and picketed carrots. We had a big lunch so dinner is basically appetizers now that I look at it.
ServingGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ServingGrace For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (11-09-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #38
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

We're having succulent lemon basil chicken, zoodles, and breadsticks.
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laurlor For This Useful Post:
The Tickle Momster (11-10-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #39
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Apple Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Arugula Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
JoyGal (11-09-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #40
Singingmom
Administrator

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Curried chicken in the crock pot over rice with salad.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Old 11-10-2016, 02:56 AM   #41
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

Last night I was craving chopped cabbage salad. Love it so much! With roasted chicken breast

My family, however, is not as in love with the salad as I am. So we also had tacos and nachos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
charla (11-10-2016), ViolaMum (11-13-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 07:27 AM   #42
Singingmom
Administrator

Imagine that, 2sunshines! What dressing do you use for your chopped cabbage salad?

Old 11-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #43
2sunshines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingmom View Post
Imagine that, 2sunshines! What dressing do you use for your chopped cabbage salad?
I know! Crazy family!

I actually use a variety of different dressings, depending on what I feel like. You can pretty much use anything you like.

I make all my dressings, and my go to that I almost always have on hand already made up is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard and honey.

I've also done it with other dressing varieties, always of the vinaigrette variety. Greek. Italien. Etc. All delicious.

I also usually add pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sometimes nuts, and almost always crumbled goat cheese to the salad. Makes the whole deliciousness pop even more! I just didn't this time for no good reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (11-10-2016)
Old 11-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #44
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

We are doing a lentil shepherd's pie tonight. Margaret likely won't touch it so pb and j for her.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #45
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

I made up a sheet pan dinner of lemon rosemary chicken breasts, salt & vinegar fingerling potatoes, honeyed baby carrots, buttered beets.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote