Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Gentle Discipline *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Gentle Discipline *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Gentle Discipline

Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #196
shaslove
Rose Garden

shaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond reputeshaslove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yelling Support Thread

I am not sure how to handle Lina when she is just getting. on. my. last. nerve.
Mom by adoption to Lina, my 11-yr-old w/sensory issues
and, after 4 years, 2 months, and 20 days of infertility,
birth mom to 2-yr-old Baby Bird
We are a DF, GF, dye-free Jesus loving family!
PM me for help or encouragement with infertility issues.

shaslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #197
nanookmama
Rose Trellis

It's gonna be a great day.

nanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond reputenanookmama has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the day I'm doing much, much better.

Sensitive:

Pray for me?

Resurrecting MamaPsalmist
Press Pause Photography
nanookmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say they are praying for nanookmama:
canadiyank (11-18-2011), charla (11-18-2011), Emerald Orchid (11-18-2011), gpsings (11-18-2011), justbreathe (11-18-2011), KLin (11-21-2011), marigold (11-18-2011), mollobe (11-18-2011), shaslove (11-20-2011), Snugglebugmom (12-27-2011), Soaring Eagle (11-18-2011), swimming with sharks (11-19-2011), Tandem mama (11-18-2011), ThreeKids (11-18-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #198
kwisie
Rose Garden

kwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond reputekwisie has a reputation beyond repute

I read this a couple of days ago:

James 1:19-2019 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

I really need to work on listening first.

Wielder of the Sparkly Pencil of Sneak-Attack Silliness.
Flowery Sunshine Power Woman
kwisie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kwisie For This Useful Post:
canadiyank (11-18-2011), charla (11-18-2011), Emerald Orchid (11-18-2011), jmom1984 (11-20-2011), justbreathe (11-18-2011), marigold (11-18-2011), mommy2ella (01-25-2012), nanookmama (11-18-2011), Soaring Eagle (11-18-2011), swimming with sharks (11-19-2011), ThreeKids (11-18-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #199
justbreathe
Deactivated

Grumpy kitten is watching you

justbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond repute

Kwisie, I need to get this verse tattooed on my palm and smack myself everytime I feel like I'm losing my temper. I try to recite this verse to myself often but I never remember when I really need it. this is definitely one of those verses that speaks to me.
justbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justbreathe For This Useful Post:
KLin (11-21-2011), kwisie (11-19-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #200
mollobe
Rose Garden

.thankful.

mollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond reputemollobe has a reputation beyond repute

I was doing much bether for a while, but now I need to get back into this thread and quit ignoring it when it pops up because I've slowly started yelling again.
Ian
: 9/07
Claire: 2/10
Owen: 4/13
mollobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #201
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I cut fruit and nuts out of my diet. Day two and I'm already much calmer.

I don't take it regularly anymore but chlorella really helps me. It helps blood sugar stay steady.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
nanookmama (11-19-2011), PlateauMama (11-19-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #202
justbreathe
Deactivated

Grumpy kitten is watching you

justbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond reputejustbreathe has a reputation beyond repute

it is 9:00 am and i've already messed up for the day.

DS spilled a huge glass of orange juice all over the dining room table. We've been out of town and I'm just starting to get stuff put away. Right in the path of the juice was the laptop, bills, insurance info for DH's new job, etc and I was in the kitchen and had to make it through an obstacle course just to get there. I told Bear to get a towel and wipe it up quickly. He just stood there and looked at me. Monkey just sat there and looked at me. Bug immediately ran to the puddle and began playing in it. I was frantically trying to grab stuff out of the path of destruction. I repeated "go grab a towel now!". He just looked at me. with my free pinky finger, I pushed him in the direction of the towels, which he casually walked over to, grabbed one, and dropped it on the floor by the table, then just looked at me. By this time I was able to put my arm-load of stuff somewhere else but I just lost it. (<-- how my face looked I'm sure) Even after I had cleaned up the mess, I was so frustrated, I wasn't being at all kind. I just wish I had a way to motivate him to act quickly when I need him to. I know he is just a kid and it isn't his job but it would just be really nice to have some help.
justbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says they are praying for justbreathe:
swimming with sharks (11-22-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #203
Tandem mama
Rose Garden

In my world everyone's a pony

Tandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm praying right now that God gives me patience. I snapped once. Today we are going to file bankruptcy, so the girls are going to daycare. Sunshine refused to get dressed and we didn't have time do I just put he clothes on and let her know she was not to remove them or there'd be a consequence. I snapped then.

Right now we are in the car (dh is driving) and she's screaming at the top of her lungs that she hates us and will hurt us. She's trying to make deals "if we go home I'll snuggle you but if we go to daycare I'll hurt you" she loves daycare. It's owned by mil. I suspect it's the cupcake a day she's had all week plus the half a root beer she had yesterday. Last night was also rough.

Right now I'm not responding. I told her I wouldn't talk to her til she's calm.

Married since 2007 to my Apple-geeky artist Don (INTJ)
Mommy to Lydia (1/08) "Nature is really dirty"
Charlotte (7/10) "me am not chawlotte me are batman"
Introducing Nolan January 11, 2014

Tandem mama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for Tandem mama:
KLin (11-21-2011), swimming with sharks (11-22-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #204
mellymommy
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

mellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond reputemellymommy has a reputation beyond repute

So, yesterday during church I was praying for everyone in this thread. We were singing a song that repeated "I am redeemed" and I KNEW that redeemed is the word for this thread. God has redeemed us from anger. He has made us a new creation--one NOT angry, one that uses our voices for HIM and for HIS Kingdom. We don't *have* to live in a place where we go to our loud/angry/harsh/"effective" voice. God redeemed us and purposes us to be His voice to our children (and husbands and co-workers and friends and cashiers and postal workers, etc. ). I know there is victory for all of us. God doesn't want us to stay trapped. We are redeemed!

Married since 1999, rebuilding since June 2013

Hybrid Mommy to
ds1 (12/02, SPD)
dd (9/04)
ds2 (10/07, C22 disorder)
ds3 (5/08)
ds4 (1/09)
dd2 (9/11)

http://www.themelodyward.com
htty://www.joplinmamaresurrected.blogspot.com
mellymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mellymommy For This Useful Post:
canadiyank (11-21-2011), charla (11-21-2011), Dovenoir (11-30-2011), Elspeth (01-24-2012), Emerald Orchid (11-22-2011), filmgirl2911 (11-21-2011), jmom1984 (11-21-2011), justbreathe (11-21-2011), kwisie (11-21-2011), marigold (11-22-2011), mommy2ella (01-25-2012), nanookmama (11-21-2011), shaslove (11-21-2011), swimming with sharks (11-22-2011), Tandem mama (11-21-2011), ThreeKids (11-21-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #205
KLin
Rose Garden

KLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond reputeKLin has a reputation beyond repute

Thank Melody for sharing. I needed to hear it again.
KLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #206
Iansmama

How do you reset when the kids wake up in a funk? It is a trigger for me when they are just plain argumentative and oppositional. I think we are going to try and get out of the house for a bit but they even complained about that :/
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
celestial princess (11-22-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #207
canadiyank
Deactivated
I support GCM!

canadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond reputecanadiyank has a reputation beyond repute

Iansmama, did they wake up on their own? How soon did they eat? for the start of a rough morning.

I did not sleep well (partially my own fault, partially baby) and *I* woke up in a funk. Did pretty well yesterday, not well on Sat.
canadiyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #208
Tandem mama
Rose Garden

In my world everyone's a pony

Tandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond repute

Whew we made it through the meltdown. It was an hour and a half long. I didn't yell.

Married since 2007 to my Apple-geeky artist Don (INTJ)
Mommy to Lydia (1/08) "Nature is really dirty"
Charlotte (7/10) "me am not chawlotte me are batman"
Introducing Nolan January 11, 2014

Tandem mama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tandem mama For This Useful Post:
Emerald Orchid (11-21-2011), filmgirl2911 (11-21-2011), nanookmama (11-21-2011), Soliloquy (11-22-2011), swimming with sharks (11-22-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #209
Iansmama

It was a long and busy weekend, so I am sure that it some of it, but they did wake up on their own and even had an early bedtime last night. They have been eating all morning, but didn't eat for the first hour or so. I also got up from the computer and got busy with dishes and laundry and that alone helped. What is it about a parent at the computer that makes the kids crazy?

No hollering
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
nanookmama (11-21-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #210
Mum2Es
Rose Trellis

Mum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond reputeMum2Es has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem mama View Post
Whew we made it through the meltdown. It was an hour and a half long. I didn't yell.
Well done!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mum2Es For This Useful Post:
swimming with sharks (11-22-2011), Tandem mama (11-21-2011)