Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #31
SilverMoon
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SilverMoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Diatomacious Earth ( DE ) thread :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy View Post
I have been diligent about taking it since this thread started so maybe 4-5 days. My bones feel SO much better, it's not even funny. Most of the winter i was good just taking cal/mag and Vit D every day so I couldn't figure out what was going on now that it's spring. I've lost a couple pounds too which is great because I've been stuck for a while irt weight loss. Why did I forget how great it is?
Sold!

"Trust is rebuilt by focusing not on what the other person did or did not do but on critiquing one's own behavior, improving one's trustworthiness, and focusing attention not on words and promises but on actions, attitudes, and ways of being."
— Kenneth Cloke and Joan Goldsmith
The Art of Waking People Up

for the many, many wise voices we've lost

SilverMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #32
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

i keep not taking mine every day b/c i'm almost out

but we're getting more, shortly

i'm pretty sure ds's eczema was better when he took it.
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #33
Serafine
Deactivated

Serafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl View Post
right.. we don't eat stocks made from bones.. that is probably where they got the most of it. Millet also isn't as readily eaten.
Okay, so I eat millet and stock made from bones...so does that mean I don't need DE, then?
Serafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #34
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

From Earthworks Health
Quote:
5. Will DE interfere with any medication I am now taking?

Diatomaceous Earth is a mineral---silica. We have never ran into a situation in the thousands of orders sold where anyone has had a problem or reaction to taking DE. If you have any questions as to interactions with medications you are taking---ask your doctor or pharmacist if taking a silica supplement will cause any problems.
I asked our ND once if it needed to be taken at a different time than meds and he said it didn't matter. Clay is a lot different and we skip it when taking anything important.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #35
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterwife View Post
Okay, so I eat millet and stock made from bones...so does that mean I don't need DE, then?
as a society we don't. It isn't as common. How long have you been doing that? all your life?

I am just guessing here..LOL I think that most of us would benefit even if we do do stock etc..because we weren't raised on a healthy diet.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cobluegirl For This Useful Post:
Serafine (04-02-2010), Taedareth (06-22-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #36
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest, i am not sure just how much silica can be absorbed from DE. most of it is not soluble kind... just kinda like sand, only different in consistency and shape...
but then i don't know how much silica we'd need so, i'm just thinking here...

if you read around long enough, you'll see some very hateful articles talking about relation of silica to lupus, and many other diseases, and how DE should be banned, etc. which is just nonsense, b/c there is a world of difference b/w industrially used, processed DE, and silica from other sources, and pure food grade DE. those folks truly don't know there 's a difference. it's like banning corn, b/c of corn syrup.

for me, DE just makes my intestines feel better. settles my stomach... i 'd love to see what it does long term.

i take 2 tbsp once a day as long after dinner as i can...

both clay and de make me and ds constipated, but not dh
all i have to do is take some mag citrate (which i have to add to my cal mag to change the ratio when the spirit moves me so) and i'm back to normal. i would say that de and clay should be followed with a full glass of fluid, which i don't do, so that's probably why the constipation.

lessee, what else
oh, i ain't gonna lie, it's gross but goes best in chocolate, chai, coffee, coke. i only mix it in a small amount, like 2 oz or so, then this is *important* i drink it while having water ready. and *before taking a breath or exhaling* put the water to your lips and drink a few sips. then you can't take you ever took it at all! no flavor, no nuffin
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
curlymopmom (04-02-2010), gdzprncess (06-11-2011), happyhousewife (02-05-2015), Serafine (04-02-2010), Stiina (05-02-2012)
Old 04-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #37
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

oh man... I may never try it...LOL

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
Old 04-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #38
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

girl, stop that! that's not why i said that

Old 04-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #39
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 04-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #40
homesteadmama
Rose Trellis

homesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a great site (from my friend) where it talks a lot about the benefits of silica http://www.earthworksde.com/page/page/4135163.htm
Quote:
In Years past, our bodies would get enough silica from our diet. Unfortunately, many of the foods we now eat have lost their nutritional value due to soil nutrient depletion, food processing, and chemicals. Supplemental use of Perma-Guard Diatomaceous Earth is essencial to total body health.
Also, I don't think you can taste DE at all! The only way I can tell it's there is from the texture. It's a little chalky. But if I put it in a smoothie, I can't tell it's there at all. So Rachel, don't be scared off too quickly!

Sarah, INFJ
Wife to M since 1/04
Mommy to S (1/07), W (1/09), S (1/11)~My UC baby, and A (12/14), Another UC baby
, Baby-Wearing, , Cloth Diapering, , Traditional Foods Family
My blog
homesteadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homesteadmama For This Useful Post:
gdzprncess (06-11-2011), Serafine (04-02-2010), sweetpeasmommy (04-02-2010)
Old 04-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #41
SilverMoon
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SilverMoon has disabled reputation

My eczema took a turn for the worse last night and today. If this can help, I'm trying it. Unfortunately, the feed store isn't answering their phone now. probably closed for Good Friday. I'll try calling on Monday.

"Trust is rebuilt by focusing not on what the other person did or did not do but on critiquing one's own behavior, improving one's trustworthiness, and focusing attention not on words and promises but on actions, attitudes, and ways of being."
— Kenneth Cloke and Joan Goldsmith
The Art of Waking People Up

for the many, many wise voices we've lost

SilverMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #42
homesteadmama
Rose Trellis

homesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond reputehomesteadmama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynaminbear View Post
My eczema took a turn for the worse last night and today. If this can help, I'm trying it. Unfortunately, the feed store isn't answering their phone now. probably closed for Good Friday. I'll try calling on Monday.
Too bad you don't live near me. I have about 49 extra pounds of it here....I'd be happy to share!

Sarah, INFJ
Wife to M since 1/04
Mommy to S (1/07), W (1/09), S (1/11)~My UC baby, and A (12/14), Another UC baby
, Baby-Wearing, , Cloth Diapering, , Traditional Foods Family
My blog
homesteadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #43
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I personally want to throw up taking clay, but I just mix my DE and chlorella in some apple juice and drink it all in one try before it settles. I use about 8 oz of juice though. It's not bad to me at all. And I am a wuss like that.

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #44
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

LOL I can do the clay in just water..no issue's...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 04-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #45
Radosny Matka
Rose Garden

I am so blessed!

Radosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond repute

did you get this at a local feed store - as in livestock feed, or pet store feed?

Remembering our babies: 12/98 9/99 12/09 1/17
Radosny Matka is offline   Reply With Quote