Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-06-2020, 12:30 AM   #91
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting stuff done during lockdown challenge!

Trying to clean a shower or tub when you have hard water is just soul sucking. Good for you!!

We rented a house for about a year that had rusty water with a pH of 5! It was as acidic as coffee! We used a Berkey for drinking water but my white washcloths turned light orange over time just from bathing and being laundered in that water. I gave up trying to scrub the bathtub and shower in that house. I cleaned them enough to be clean but gave up on looks. They were light orange, too.

Today we did more work in the garden. It's really coming along. I re-planted sugar snap peas (first batch didn't germinate well) and planted more flower seeds, including sun flowers. It will be fun to watch them come up.

Picked rhubarb but ran out of time to make a pie. Hopefully tomorrow.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (05-06-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 05:31 AM   #92
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I must clean today! My mom is coming Friday and I haven't cleaned in forever! I will do all my chores today. We might be eating out tonight so that could help motivate me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-2020, 06:08 AM   #93
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

The dance floor is in slow mo. It’s driving me crazy. The floor itself is built but I don’t want to lay down the Marley until the mirror and curtains are up. I broke the mirror so dh got new mirrors but they are tinted black which I super hate and they are too tall so have to be cut. Yesterday we practiced cutting on the broken mirror. It’s way harder to do than they make it look on YouTube. So effectively we spent all day down there with no progress whatsoever and I’ve been getting cranky. But it doesn’t matter anyways because dd hurt her leg and is on crutches

I just really want the project done so I can move on.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (05-06-2020)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for Mother of Sons:
graciousmomma (05-06-2020), MaybeGracie (05-06-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 01:08 PM   #94
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not the one doing the work but I had my windows professionally cleaned today. WOW. I've always tried to do it myself but I can never get all of them done, I can't do the outsides very well, etc. This was worth every penny. They only charged $5 per window, inside and out.

Now I'm wondering if I can afford to have our carpets professionally done. I've always used a Rug Doctor. We only have carpet on two stairwells and then 2 area rugs. I'm going to get an estimate. If it's not too expensive, I could do professional every other year and alternate with a Rug Doctor.

Having clean windows is motivating me to tackle other cleaning.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (05-07-2020), heartofjoy (05-07-2020), The Tickle Momster (05-07-2020), twoplustwo (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 08:27 PM   #95
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I've never even seriously thought about cleaning windows

Today I finished planting my garden bed. I need a couple more bags of dirt to even out some spots and then I can mulch.

They poured concrete for our patio today. It's going to be so awesome!

And I made homemade granola for the first time ever.

Still not much cleaning going on here. Tomorrow...

graciousmomma (05-07-2020), MaybeGracie (05-07-2020), Mother of Sons (05-07-2020), passthemanna (05-08-2020), Singingmom (05-13-2020), Soliloquy (05-09-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 10:01 PM   #96
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I practiced piano for about 2.5 hours today. Still lost my cleaning mojo Oh, I guess I cleaned the toilets yesterday. That's something
blondie (05-13-2020), heartofjoy (05-08-2020), knitlove (05-07-2020), Mother of Sons (05-07-2020), passthemanna (05-08-2020), Soliloquy (05-09-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 10:40 PM   #97
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

The dance floor is almost done. We got a mirror on the wall (I was soo scared!) and the Curtain Rods hung. We could have rolled the Marley but decided to paint the floor so it will be another day or two.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (05-07-2020), heartofjoy (05-08-2020), Singingmom (05-13-2020), Soliloquy (05-09-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 03:10 AM   #98
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
I've never even seriously thought about cleaning windows
Oh I *think* about it. . . . . . actually it goes like this:
No need to clean the windows - they need replacing - lets save $ so we can afford that.
Save. save. save Tax return in savings. Save.
Wow! Look at this big pile of money - we could replace the windows or GO TO DISNEY!
No need to clean the windows they need to be replaced . . . save, save. . .
So anyway my children have been to Disney a few times ....
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (05-08-2020), heartofjoy (05-08-2020), Soliloquy (05-09-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 04:26 AM   #99
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
Oh I *think* about it. . . . . . actually it goes like this:

No need to clean the windows - they need replacing - lets save $ so we can afford that.

Save. save. save Tax return in savings. Save.

Wow! Look at this big pile of money - we could replace the windows or GO TO DISNEY!

No need to clean the windows they need to be replaced . . . save, save. . .

So anyway my children have been to Disney a few times ....

Disney vs Windows

It's really an unfair matchup.

twoplustwo (05-10-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 10:19 PM   #100
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Your house looks and feels so clean when the windows sparkle. It's a HUGE difference. You won't believe it.

Today we worked on one of my most hated tasks of all time. Putting in fencing. Ugh. It's started, though. It will take several weekends to finish. (No, I was not consulted about these plans for MD weekend. He started and I wasn't going to be a jerk. It takes two adults. The kids help a lot, but a second adult makes it go so much faster.)

I'm thinking father's day weekend I may need to enlist the entire family to empty every single closet, wipe down the insides, purge, and put everything back neatly.

Last edited by Soliloquy; 05-09-2020 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Typo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (05-09-2020), MaybeGracie (05-09-2020), twoplustwo (05-10-2020)
Old 05-10-2020, 03:59 AM   #101
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post

Disney vs Windows

It's really an unfair matchup.
It really is.

Well, we are getting a windows quote later this week. We don't want to travel anywhere now anyway.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
Old 05-10-2020, 07:59 AM   #102
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
It really is.

Well, we are getting a windows quote later this week. We don't want to travel anywhere now anyway.
Quarantine has it's perks! We gave up our trip to yellowstone and got a covered patio instead!
Old 05-12-2020, 10:09 PM   #103
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Washed winter coats today.

I need to go through the front hall and collect and wash the hats and gloves that are washable. Get the kids to put their winter boots in their closets and clean the shoe/boot trays and put them back.

We need to make a summer bucket list.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #104
twoplustwo

Quote:
It really is.

Well, we will get our new windows and screens this summer. The good news is now I do not need to clean them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Washed winter coats today.

I need to go through the front hall and collect and wash the hats and gloves that are washable. Get the kids to put their winter boots in their closets and clean the shoe/boot trays and put them back.

We need to make a summer bucket list.
I need to do both of these. I was holding off on the winter stuff bc we can still have a cold snap but now that we are past Mothers Day probably safe to wash and put up.

Oh definitely need to make summer bucket list.

Have to speak with the kids but it usually includes:
visit to amusement part (not sure how that will work with the Rona)
treehouse sleepover
Midnight laser tag (haha! We don't do this at midnight, just waited til they fell asleep them woke them at 10pm and called it Midnight Laser Tag. It wasn't long before we were caught that is wasn't actually midnight but we still call it that).

Maybe new this year:
Visit ? number of new mountain bike trails. Maybe just as many as we can?
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Old 05-13-2020, 10:28 AM   #105
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

My 15yo dd already has a summer bucket list! She's in total social overdrive mode!

I've been attempting to put together a summer wardrobe without breaking the bank. I have lost enough weight since last year that I have to get all new clothes. Poor me.

Today I'm bottling my kombucha and making chickpea blondies.

graciousmomma (05-13-2020), twoplustwo (05-13-2020)