Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 04-07-2020, 08:14 PM   #16
Sweet Life
Rose Garden

Sweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting stuff done during lockdown challenge!

I haven't read the whole thread but I keep hearing that routine is important. For us, and for the kids. So, set a time to wake up, to exercise, to shower, to do the 'extra new things', to do the routine every day things. Don't forget to drink water. And eat. This has helped our family a lot - have had to encourage DH to engage in routine, and the kids also -- and often we slip but that's ok bc we are all human and trying to make it through!!

Also, on one of our better days we cleaned out the garage. And on another we cleaned out the basement! I will take success where I can!
heartofjoy (04-07-2020), rdsmommy (04-08-2020), RiverRock (04-08-2020), twoplustwo (04-10-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 08:49 PM   #17
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Life View Post
I haven't read the whole thread but I keep hearing that routine is important. For us, and for the kids. So, set a time to wake up, to exercise, to shower, to do the 'extra new things', to do the routine every day things. Don't forget to drink water. And eat. This has helped our family a lot - have had to encourage DH to engage in routine, and the kids also -- and often we slip but that's ok bc we are all human and trying to make it through!!

Also, on one of our better days we cleaned out the garage. And on another we cleaned out the basement! I will take success where I can!
Good job on the garage and basement!

I'm definitely trying to go to bed and wake up at normal times. Our grocery pickup slots become available at midnight though and to get one for Friday, I have to stay up tonight!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2020, 10:00 PM   #18
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

MoS, would the trunk of the car/back of the van work as a temporary holding place for bags of giveaways?

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 10:03 PM   #19
Maleldil's daughter
Rose Bouquet

Maleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud ofMaleldil's daughter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingmom View Post
MoS, would the trunk of the car/back of the van work as a temporary holding place for bags of giveaways?
This is what I'm doing.
This is our spring break from homeschooling so I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff done and also do fun Easter stuff with the kids.

But now I'm scrambling around trying to prepare some classes I'm hoping to teach online.

Wifey to the Husby 9/6/2006
Mama to The Littlest Man in all the Land 5/31/2012
and The Littlest Girl in all the World 1/28/2016

Counseling is like cleaning out your fridge. Mostly it's rearranging things so they make more sense. Now and then you come across some really nasty thing that's been stuck in the back way too long.
Maleldil's daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maleldil's daughter For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 10:27 PM   #20
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm terrible at routines! I had one down before I had to be home all the time. Now that I don't have all the outside the house stuff to keep me in line, having a routine is really challenging for me. I am trying to make an effort to get stuff done, though.

I work every day for a few hours online. I have also been watching hoarders to motivate me to do extra cleaning Watching those shows always makes me want to clean. So today I decluttered some in my bedroom. The situation with thrift stores being closed is definitely a dilemma when it comes to wanting to get rid of stuff!
blondie (04-08-2020), heartofjoy (04-08-2020), RiverRock (04-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 11:17 PM   #21
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

I have two boxes from when I decluttered a coupled of weeks ago. We had a pickup scheduled but they emailed 3 days beforehand to say they were shutting down donations. So close! Now they're just sitting in my bedroom. Moving them to the truck of DH's vehicle might be a good solution.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-08-2020), Virginia (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:05 AM   #22
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished crocheting a sweater. I guess that's accomplishing something I've never made a sweater for myself before. I usually make stuff for everyone else. I am trying to finish projects I have started, but not finished. I have about 2 other sweaters started, and not finished I also have a market bag started that wouldn't take me long to finish.
heartofjoy (04-08-2020), MaybeGracie (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 06:01 AM   #23
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciousmomma View Post
I'm terrible at routines! I had one down before I had to be home all the time. Now that I don't have all the outside the house stuff to keep me in line, having a routine is really challenging for me. I am trying to make an effort to get stuff done, though.

I work every day for a few hours online. I have also been watching hoarders to motivate me to do extra cleaning Watching those shows always makes me want to clean. So today I decluttered some in my bedroom. The situation with thrift stores being closed is definitely a dilemma when it comes to wanting to get rid of stuff!
I'm terrible at routines too without the outside commitments to keep me moving forward! That's why I started this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciousmomma View Post
I just finished crocheting a sweater. I guess that's accomplishing something I've never made a sweater for myself before. I usually make stuff for everyone else. I am trying to finish projects I have started, but not finished. I have about 2 other sweaters started, and not finished I also have a market bag started that wouldn't take me long to finish.
Way to go! I'm impressed you can crochet a sweater! I bought yarn yesterday to crochet some coasters because it's been years since I've crocheted and I do actually need coasters

graciousmomma (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 04:08 PM   #24
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

I did a lot today but also sat around a lot. I took a present to a friend who lives pretty far away.

I dropped off a big package at UPS.

I made banana muffins and cooked lunch and dinner.

I got sidetracked looking for a hook to hang up a painting and ended up straighting dh's workbench. Never did find a hook

I had a quiet time. I'm reading Romans which isn't really the best choice for my mood at the moment. I need more balm and less theology. I also journaled.

I haven't done anything from the leftovers of Mondays list. I'm just not feeling it.

I'm supposed to zoom with my closest friends tonight. It's about the only zoom meeting that I actually enjoy.

Last edited by heartofjoy; 04-08-2020 at 04:27 PM.
heartofjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to heartofjoy For This Useful Post:
Virginia (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #25
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Folded and put away about 8 loads of laundry, a chore i really dislike. I didn't tackle my closet as planned but I'm glad all the laundry is put away.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 04:27 PM   #26
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Folded and put away about 8 loads of laundry, a chore i really dislike. I didn't tackle my closet as planned but I'm glad all the laundry is put away.

That’s epic. Go you!

Today DH went back to work today.

I cleaned our living room, including dusting and getting the cobwebs out of the crevices.

I cleaned my infant’s projectile vomit out of the carpet and couch and my toddler’s pee out of the carpet. So... that was unexpected

Worked out

Did two loads of laundry. How does having an infant like DOUBLE our laundry load??

Had someone from Home Depot come out to see about fencing in our yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
blondie (04-08-2020), heartofjoy (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 08:46 PM   #27
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I may or may not have seen this post yesterday and purposely ignored it. I really need it though. I have realized that if I can convince myself to spend the first hour of my day being productive the rest of my day usually goes better so that's what I'm aiming for.
I have had days where the minimum gets done and a few days where I get a decent amount done but also several days where nothing gets done and zero days where extra projects have gotten done.

I'm posting tonight so I can remember to come back tomorrow and post what I get done in the morning.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (04-09-2020), Soliloquy (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 10:14 PM   #28
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post

Um this is a lot of laundry! I don't know that I've ever done 8 loads in one day in my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia View Post
That’s epic. Go you!

Today DH went back to work today.

I cleaned our living room, including dusting and getting the cobwebs out of the crevices.

I cleaned my infant’s projectile vomit out of the carpet and couch and my toddler’s pee out of the carpet. So... that was unexpected

Worked out

Did two loads of laundry. How does having an infant like DOUBLE our laundry load??

Had someone from Home Depot come out to see about fencing in our yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did a lot! Infant laundry is crazy! I'm actually here in bed remembering that I started laundry earlier this evening and never switched it to the dryer. But I'm not sure I want to go downstairs now and do it...

We had someone come out an give us an estimate for a covered patio. He said business was up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
I may or may not have seen this post yesterday and purposely ignored it. I really need it though. I have realized that if I can convince myself to spend the first hour of my day being productive the rest of my day usually goes better so that's what I'm aiming for.
I have had days where the minimum gets done and a few days where I get a decent amount done but also several days where nothing gets done and zero days where extra projects have gotten done.

I'm posting tonight so I can remember to come back tomorrow and post what I get done in the morning.
My days definitely go better if I'm productive in the morning. Good luck tomorrow! You've got this!

Old 04-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #29
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

This post reminded me of a wet load of laundry needing to be put in the dryer. I’m now up to three loads needing to be folded in a pile on the floor. Yes, Soliloquy, eight is a lot! Wow!

Yesterday I did a lot more yard work. I’m calling a recovery day because my wrists and back are sore from all the clipping, pruning, and tugging (my red current bush had self rooted in several places over the past few years and needed taming). Today I need to focus on the house. Kitchen floors are usually done weekly around here, but haven’t been washed in about three weeks. Vacuumed yes, but then I have run out of time.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #30
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

My husband got called into work today so I’m going to race around and do as much as I can. Wish me luck.

Ok I just walked into my kitchen. I quit.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-09-2020), rdsmommy (04-09-2020)