Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dairy Free Keto/Low Carb Recipes?

I have been doing pretty well on my lower carb diet, with some cheating here and there However, my doctor is putting me on a month long detox, which I will start tomorrow. Which means absolutely NO CHEATING on my diet for that time period. Do you all have easy recipe ideas for lower carb that is dairy free? Tonight I made a shepherd's pie with mashed cauliflower, instead of mashed potatoes on top. But I will be grateful for any extra help, and some fresh ideas!
Old 07-08-2018, 10:40 PM   #2
rosesnsnails
Rose Garden

rosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dairy Free Keto/Low Carb Recipes?

It might be a good idea to keep it simple. Meat, veg, fat.

Some simple things to have around are hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, egg bites, cooked meat, dill pickles, olives, avocados, nuts, and seeds. Olive, avocado, mct, and coconut oils could be your fats in addition to animal fats. If you need something creamy, you can use coconut milk. A few quick ideas: bunless burgers, fajitas minus the tortilla, taco salad, chicken salad, guacamole.

I get soooooo tired of cooking, but maybe that is something you enjoy.

https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/super-e...abbage-dinner/ (One of our favorites)

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/dairy-free

https://greatist.com/eat/dairy-free-keto-recipes

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/tag/dairy-free/

This looked interesting, too. https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/ho...m-coconut-milk
Mom to J since 2000
Angel Baby Joshua Aaron 2003
Momma to J since 2009 (born 11 weeks early)

Using my favorite smilely as often as I can,

Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done-C.S. Lewis-from a letter To Mrs. L.

Last edited by rosesnsnails; 07-08-2018 at 10:50 PM.
rosesnsnails is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosesnsnails For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (02-11-2019), graciousmomma (07-08-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
squiddles
Climbing Rose

squiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite meal that i could eat everyday:

Throw a frozen chicken thigh, handful of raw cashews and a chopped veggie (lately I’ve been obsessed with poblano peppers) onto a med/hi pan with fat of choice (coconut or avocado oil for me)
Sauté on med/hi until done (while chopping the meat with a spatula as it thaws), I like to get all ingredients nice and brown/caramelized.
At the end i drizzle a couple tablespoons of rice wine vinegar, and coconut aminos over and let sizzle for a second. Top with chili garlic sauce.

If I’m really hungry I add shiritaki noodles into the pan towards the end.
Every. Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squiddles For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (07-08-2018), rosesnsnails (07-09-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 11:45 PM   #4
graciousmomma

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosesnsnails View Post
It might be a good idea to keep it simple. Meat, veg, fat.

Some simple things to have around are hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, egg bites, cooked meat, dill pickles, olives, avocados, nuts, and seeds. Olive, avocado, mct, and coconut oils could be your fats in addition to animal fats. If you need something creamy, you can use coconut milk. A few quick ideas: bunless burgers, fajitas minus the tortilla, taco salad, chicken salad, guacamole.

I get soooooo tired of cooking, but maybe that is something you enjoy.

https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/super-e...abbage-dinner/ (One of our favorites)

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/dairy-free

https://greatist.com/eat/dairy-free-keto-recipes

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/tag/dairy-free/

This looked interesting, too. https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/ho...m-coconut-milk
Thanks for the links and the ideas! And nooo...I don't like the cooking much. I get tired of it too! When I do cook, I try to make a big enough batch that I will have some leftovers and won't need to cook quite as soon again. I was thinking it would work out that way with my shepherd's pie, but I don't have as many leftovers as anticipated. Apparently, the kids liked it

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddles View Post
My favorite meal that i could eat everyday:

Throw a frozen chicken thigh, handful of raw cashews and a chopped veggie (lately I’ve been obsessed with poblano peppers) onto a med/hi pan with fat of choice (coconut or avocado oil for me)
Sauté on med/hi until done (while chopping the meat with a spatula as it thaws), I like to get all ingredients nice and brown/caramelized.
At the end i drizzle a couple tablespoons of rice wine vinegar, and coconut aminos over and let sizzle for a second. Top with chili garlic sauce.

If I’m really hungry I add shiritaki noodles into the pan towards the end.
Every. Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds yummy! Except the shirataki noodles part I ordered some and tried them, but I just can't deal with the texture. I was so hoping I would like them...
Old 07-09-2018, 08:01 AM   #5
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say do a search because we've had threads about this but

Have you been to Leanne Vogel's site yet?

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (07-09-2018), rosesnsnails (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 09:19 AM   #6
rosesnsnails
Rose Garden

rosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciousmomma View Post
Thanks for the links and the ideas! And nooo...I don't like the cooking much. I get tired of it too! When I do cook, I try to make a big enough batch that I will have some leftovers and won't need to cook quite as soon again. I was thinking it would work out that way with my shepherd's pie, but I don't have as many leftovers as anticipated. Apparently, the kids liked it [COLOR="Silver"]
Woman after my own heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciousmomma View Post
That sounds yummy! Except the shirataki noodles part I ordered some and tried them, but I just can't deal with the texture. I was so hoping I would like them...
I've seen people have a whole method to cook these and keep them from being slimy. I'll see if I can find it. I haven't tried them yet. Simple is my friend. If I have to follow a whole list of things to make something, I'm out!

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Okay, for the noodles, this is the method I have seen: rinse them off and then rinse them again and again, blanch them in boiling water about 2 minutes, remove as much moisture as possible, and then fry them.

That is too many steps for me.

Some people soak them in almond milk before rinsing.

I just use zoodles. Or spaghetti squash if I'm up to it.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post

This came up when I searched for her. Neat site: https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/recipe-search/
Mom to J since 2000
Angel Baby Joshua Aaron 2003
Momma to J since 2009 (born 11 weeks early)

Using my favorite smilely as often as I can,

Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done-C.S. Lewis-from a letter To Mrs. L.
rosesnsnails is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rosesnsnails For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #7
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Woman after my own heart.

I've seen people have a whole method to cook these and keep them from being slimy. I'll see if I can find it. I haven't tried them yet. Simple is my friend. If I have to follow a whole list of things to make something, I'm out!

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Okay, for the noodles, this is the method I have seen: rinse them off and then rinse them again and again, blanch them in boiling water about 2 minutes, remove as much moisture as possible, and then fry them.

I just use zoodles. Or spaghetti squash if I'm up to it.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

This came up when I searched for her. Neat site: https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/recipe-search/
Oh ineed to spend time on that serch! It looks great

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #8
graciousmomma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post

I figured there was, but the search function hasn't been working very well lately

I did go there once...but forgot about it I know you have told me like 10 times now about that site I will check it out again today

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote:

[/COLOR]Okay, for the noodles, this is the method I have seen: rinse them off and then rinse them again and again, blanch them in boiling water about 2 minutes, remove as much moisture as possible, and then fry them.

I just use zoodles. Or spaghetti squash if I'm up to it. [COLOR="Silver"]

That's how I made them, and they still came out slimy for me I didn't do the almond milk part, though...but I am just not going there at this point I like zoodles and spaghetti squash as well. I bought an expensive contraption from Pampered Chef to make zoodles with...I really should use it more often. I think I have used it twice My friend's son is selling zucchini that he grew, I am supposed to get some from her tomorrow. I will probably do some zoodles this week sometime.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Bananacake, I bookmarked that page so I don't forget
rosesnsnails (07-09-2018)
Old 02-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #9
BestLaidPlans
Rose Trellis

What was I… eh, scrap it. I'm taking a nap.

BestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond reputeBestLaidPlans has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping in case anyone has any new recipes, as well as subbing.

I'm trying to go to a dairy-free, whole foods diet for the family as much as possible... although mine doesn't have to be low carb. We are ok with rice and potatoes. Just trying to cut out the processed stuff and dairy. (Oh, and we don't do seafood or pork.)

5 girls 2 boys
4 of my 7 are teens - now 5 are teens!
5 of my 7 have special needs

“Motherhood is heaven and hell, hard and holy.”
-quote from Rachel Nielson
BestLaidPlans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BestLaidPlans For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #10
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a recipe but I am loving cauliflower rice lately! It works well as fried rice or today I had it with beans and Mexican veggies (you could use mea or eggs t if beans are too high carb for you).

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote