Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 07-09-2018, 10:15 AM   #1
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Want to join me?

I can't stand my kitchen anymore so I'm going to work on some deep cleaning today. What project are you working on today? Maybe we could encourage and cheer one another on!

So far I've taken down all of the decorations that are glass (I have a decorative plate rail) and washed them and wiped and cleaned the glass on picture frames.

Next up, clean the rest of appliances and things sitting on the counter and then I'll start at the top and work my way down cleaning walls and cabinets and counter tops.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (07-09-2018), lavenlove (08-10-2018), Singingmom (07-11-2018), Virginia (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to join me?

Nice work!!

I am in the midst of decluttering DH's "office"; I have two boxes and a bag of stuff for the thrift store already

Then I'm going to deep clean said office-- the carpet eventually needs shampooed because the cat's litter box is in there
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
charla (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 11:02 AM   #3
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Go, Christine!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 07-09-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking that I need some encouragement to clean and organize. I'm feeling a veil of depression coming over me...nothing too heavy, but it's there. I think slow cleaning and organizing will be good for me. I'll come back to this thread after I've done something.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
ChristmasGirl (07-10-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I need to clear offrhe catch all counter in the kitchen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
charla
Administrator

RR, I'm so sorry you feel depression coming on. I hope some cleaning and organizing will help. You can do it!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

You can do it, knitlove!

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 12:28 PM   #7
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

I finally gave in to the purging urge yesterday (my poor family ) Feeling the need to lighten my surroundings. Cats loving the empty baskets.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
lavenlove (08-10-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #8
charla
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticJourney View Post
I finally gave in to the purging urge yesterday (my poor family ) Feeling the need to lighten my surroundings. Cats loving the empty baskets.

Way to go, CJ. It sure helps one to feel like they can breathe better, doesn't it?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I have the plate rack, upper cabinets fronts, backsplash, most countertops, ceiling fan, the outside of the fridge, and the outside of the stove/oven finished and things put back on countertop and plate rack. I've put in my donate pile quite a few cookbooks and a spice rack so far. I have the oven going on self-clean. Now I need to finish up the two other counters, clean the microwave, lower cabinet fronts, outside of dishwasher, the sink and the floor. I would love to go through the inside of the cabinets and drawers and declutter and clean, but that might need to be another day. And I would like to clean the inside of my fridge/freezer. We'll see. I have to take lots and lots of breaks.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
CelticJourney (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 02:43 PM   #9
RiverRock

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
I have to take lots and lots of breaks.
Me too.

I started with the Rec. Room and spare bedroom (both above our garage) and my intent is to move across the house over the next few days/weeks. I'm progressing. I wiped down all the trim, dusted, vacuumed, washed blinds and windows. I have floor washing, light bulb changing, and screen washing to go before I move on to the next room/area.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
charla (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #10
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I did some weeding and transplanted a perennial that I wanted in a different spot. I'm tackling laundry today. Going to get several loads done and FOLDED AND PUT AWAY today. There, I said it. Now to do it.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #11
charla
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
Me too.

I started with the Rec. Room and spare bedroom (both above our garage) and my intent is to move across the house over the next few days/weeks. I'm progressing. I wiped down all the trim, dusted, vacuumed, washed blinds and windows. I have floor washing, light bulb changing, and screen washing to go before I move on to the next room/area.

You are doing amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I did some weeding and transplanted a perennial that I wanted in a different spot. I'm tackling laundry today. Going to get several loads done and FOLDED AND PUT AWAY today. There, I said it. Now to do it.

You've got this. You can do it!!!!

I think I just have the floor left for what I'm going to do today. Hopefully another day I can do the insides of cupboards, drawers, and fridge.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
RiverRock (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 03:39 PM   #12
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of you guys done one of those 'prepare for Christmas by taking one room per week and deep cleaning' deals? I'm feeling that in my future.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #13
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

I really need to get our homeschool stuff under control and purge all stuff too young or my kids My goal is to start getting serious about that.

We purged the rest of our house this winter and I ignored the homeschooling things.

I also need to
*tidy storage containers in kitchen
*tidy bathroom cupboards

Now to choose a starting spot.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #14
RiverRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticJourney View Post
Have any of you guys done one of those 'prepare for Christmas by taking one room per week and deep cleaning' deals? I'm feeling that in my future.
Not exactly, but I'm trying to deep clean and fully organize the rooms I am in before I move on. I often struggle with getting the last 10% done, so the little things add up. Things like decluttering and cleaning light fixtures often get pushed to another day...in perpetuity.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #15
charla
Administrator

Quote:

I have never heard of that. But it does sound like a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
I really need to get our homeschool stuff under control and purge all stuff too young or my kids My goal is to start getting serious about that.

We purged the rest of our house this winter and I ignored the homeschooling things.

I also need to
*tidy storage containers in kitchen
*tidy bathroom cupboards

Now to choose a starting spot.

You've got this!

Dd got the homeschooling stuff out today for her for next year, so I think that is next on my list to accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
Not exactly, but I'm trying to deep clean and fully organize the rooms I am in before I move on. I often struggle with getting the last 10% done, so the little things add up. Things like decluttering and cleaning light fixtures often get pushed to another day...in perpetuity.

I, too, have trouble finishing the last little part. I think I just get too tired, and then life moves on before I get back to it.

I'm hugely happy with my kitchen. It desperately needs paint so it still doesn't look very clean, but at least I know it is.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (07-09-2018), RiverRock (07-09-2018)