Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #31
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default Re: June Main Meals

Yesterday was the last day of school.

So we celebrated by inviting grandparents over for dinner and cake.

We had grilled chicken quarters, salad, carrots and green beans, corn on the cob, cut up fruit, and chips and guac.

For dessert I made a from scratch chocolate cake with whole wheat flour and topped it with fresh raspberry buttercream frosting. I found a recipe that uses fresh raspberries for the colour and flavoring and it was SO good!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
backtobasicsmum (06-08-2015), LilacPhoenix (06-06-2015), MaybeGracie (06-06-2015), schmamy (06-08-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #32
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

Carnitas Enchiladas Verde with a Mexican Caesar Salad
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #33
Carini
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

If you don't stop naming nuts....

Carini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond reputeCarini has a reputation beyond repute

Grilled chicken, avocado, bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISTJ
Wife to J - 2004
Doops - 10/2010
Sweetie Girl - 7/2014

Carini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carini For This Useful Post:
Lady TS (06-08-2015)
The Following User Says they are praying for Carini:
momma2girls (06-08-2015)
Old 06-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #34
crunchyusmcluv
Rose Bouquet

crunchyusmcluv will become famous soon enoughcrunchyusmcluv will become famous soon enough

Made kabobs tonight with meat for the meat eaters and baby Bella mushrooms, potatoes, yellow,orange peppers and onions. Then we had vegan beans and corn. Dessert we had water melon.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:32 AM   #35
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyusmcluv View Post
Made kabobs tonight with meat for the meat eaters and baby Bella mushrooms, potatoes, yellow,orange peppers and onions. Then we had vegan beans and corn. Dessert we had water melon.

When you make kabobs do you use the bamboo sticks or the steel ones?

I've only done kabobs once and had bamboo sticks so I used those. But then I see that you can buy stainless steel ones, which seem so much better, AND reusable. Is there a downside?
Old 06-08-2015, 03:52 AM   #36
mipennsn
Rose Garden

mipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond repute

We bought the steel ones at Meijer and have used them a couple of times. I like them.

My GIRL H who is 7!

Full time mommy and breadwinner for my family

mipennsn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mipennsn For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #37
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

We had a salad weekend to use up romaine from our little garden.

Saturday: Caribbean chicken salad
romaine, grilled chicken, pineapple, tomatoes+onions, tortilla chips and a homemade honey-mustard vinaigrette

Sunday: BLT chopped salad with corn, feta and avocado

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

that cake, 2sunshines - LOVE! I adore chocolate + raspberry but have never had raspberry frosting or thought to put it on chocolate cake!

Today I'm cooking for the Bible study outreach again--vegetable beef stew, artisan bread, watermelon and chocolate chip cookies.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to schmamy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 07:27 AM   #38
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was chicken with creamy, cheesy, roasted red bell pepper sauce with rice

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:32 AM   #39
2sunshines

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmamy View Post
that cake, 2sunshines - LOVE! I adore chocolate + raspberry but have never had raspberry frosting or thought to put it on chocolate cake!
This is the recipe I used for the frosting: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/rasp...cream-frosting The colour and flavoring were perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
schmamy (06-09-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #40
crunchyusmcluv
Rose Bouquet

crunchyusmcluv will become famous soon enoughcrunchyusmcluv will become famous soon enough

I use the bamboo ones this time since I was at my moms and she doesn't grill often enough to buy the steel ones. Next time I am getting the metal ones for my house.

The Following User Says Thank You to crunchyusmcluv For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (06-08-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 05:18 PM   #41
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken, rice, and green beans in a butter/reduced chicken broth sauce

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
Old 06-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #42
greenleafknitter
Climbing Rose

greenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond reputegreenleafknitter has a reputation beyond repute

We had a southwestern sausage and cornbread casserole, marinated tomato slices, and a salad.

DD M - 10/08

DS A - 3/12

greenleafknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #43
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

We had BBQ steak with naked parties - wait, no, auto correct, we did not have naked parties. Let's try that again. We had BBQ steak with baked potatoes (topped with cheese, broccoli, and plain yogurt) and a spinach salad.

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (06-09-2015), backtobasicsmum (06-08-2015), Lady TS (06-09-2015), LilacPhoenix (06-09-2015), schmamy (06-09-2015)
Old 06-09-2015, 06:14 AM   #44
schmamy
Rose Garden

schmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond reputeschmamy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeGracie View Post
We had BBQ steak with naked parties

I'm going to pull white chicken chili out for tonight. I found a bag in the bottom of the freezer that's pretty old and should just be used rather than waiting until the fall. I also have extra avocados leftover from that salad so I might throw together some guacamole.
DS2 - 2010
DD - April 2017

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
schmamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:31 AM   #45
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

Last night I made a boxed GF yellow cake, replacing the water with pineapple juice and added a dash of cinnamon. While it was cooking, I browned canned pineapple in my small cast iron skillet with half a stick of butter. Then when the cake was done, I sliced the pieces of cake horizontally and put the pineapple filling inside. It was the perfect sweetness, perfect proportion of ingredients, everything!

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes