Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

View Poll Results: Please check as many as apply and also answer the questions in the first post if you have time!
I've been to a classical homeopath 22 11.00%
I practice classical homeopathy at home. 22 11.00%
We use combination remedies at home. 57 28.50%
I've read books on homeopathy. 25 12.50%
I'm curious about homeopathy. 68 34.00%
What's homeopathy? 6 3.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #76
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homeopathy Poll & Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
Cynaminbear

SonshineMama: I've been praying that your appt Monday will really help!!

It's herbal, not homeopathic, but Valerian Super Calm helped Simon stay asleep when he was having crazy night wakings.

For Fiona and Justice, I give them Nelson's sleep aid which is homeopathic but a combo. I gave it to Justice last night actually. He was waking every 5 minutes and I was losing my mind. Then I remembered that and he slept several hours at a stretch the rest of the night.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Lisa and thanks for holding my hand when I call you in a tizzy I am ever so grateful for your friendship

I'll have to look into nelson's sleep aid.

Valerian Super Calm makes my kids hyper I have tried chamomile calm but it doesn't do much for them!

Although I know I'll need to back off most remedies for Luke once we get his constitutional

Cynaminbear - that is a fabulous testimony

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #77
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we are 6 weeks into treatment for ds at the homeopath

Basically the timeline went
10/11 saw homeopath
10/13 started remedy (1M stramonium)
10/14 fell from tree and got concussion
*told by homeopath stramonium is also "brain injury" remedy
11/1 fell again in kitchen
? took second weaker dose of stramonium (30C)
11/20 some of the issues we saw dissapear after the fall begin to reappear
11/30 saw homeopath again

The basic thought is that it was the stramonium that was helping and not that the fall changed him. **in case you are unaware, there are studies that say significant head trauma can alter personalities drastically. dh and I had said we will have to wait and see if the stramonium was helping or if it was the fall that just "changed him"

But I went from not thinking I could parent this child to forgetting he had issues I really cannot emphasize how amazing this has been for us. Ds was starting to have HUGE issues with rage, anxiety, decisiveness, and they were running our family. Everyone (even his sisters) had begun to walk on egg shells around him.

What's funny (or not funny) is that we began to see things reappear about a week ago and now today is not so fun He's on a crazy edge but the homeopath would like him to start an LM because it's deeper and more thorough compared to the 1M. . . so we are waiting for the remedy in the mail. . Lord, let it come quickly

Our next step is going to be to see him regarding dd1's allergies and dh's sinuses -- not sure which will be first. I want to give the clay a little more time to heal dd1's gut before going in

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”

Last edited by tempus vernum; 12-01-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #78
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

When I first started my constitutional it was LM. It was fantastic. Only reason I.switched to 1M was it got hard remembering to mix and take it every day.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #79
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Well, here I am -- with two updates.

Luke - Luke is doing astonishing. He's a different child in some ways yet still the same boy we know and love He knows now when something is too much for him (sensory issues). BUT you can see when he needs a stronger LM (liquid remedy). Like this week has been a hair rough so I just reordered. At this point, it looks like he needs an increase in strength about every 4.5 weeks. . . I asked if he'd be on this forever and got a "probably not" . . . all I know is that this has been a miracle for my baby He no longer has raging, crying fits. He no longer flips out and gets into tizzies

Update #2
Me - well, I hit rock bottom a little over a month ago with my anxiety and depression. I was barely functioning and considered admitting myself to a mental hospital. I got help from 2 IRL friends who are GCM's and got myself to the doctor and the homeopath. Got meds in case and got onto a homeopathic remedy that is hopefully my constitutional. I am seeing significant improvement and we are at the 2 weeks mark. I *feel* different. The 3rd day after I took it, I paced so much I thought I was going to burn a hole in our carpet. I couldn't figure out why I felt "odd". Since my remedy includes homeopathic cyanide, dh got nervous until I realized the voices in my head were actually still Yes, I have a lot of voices and they bounce around like ping pongs. Thoughts really. . . but uncontrollable wild ones that drive me bonkers

So that's where we are at. I am hoping when we get our tax return to take dd1 and dd2 and convince dh to go Our lives have truly been changed through homeopathy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
cobluegirl (02-11-2011), SilverMoon (02-11-2011), Soliloquy (02-12-2011), The Tickle Momster (02-11-2011)
Old 02-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #80
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Those are awesome udates.

Sorry, my letter between o & q is not working.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #81
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Jodi, those are WONDERFUL updates!!

Simon is on the 3rd attempt at a constitutional and I think we got it! He also is a different child. Tonight, for example, he got really, really mad at dh, they were playing a board game while I finished up dinner. Dh was really tired, had worked until 3 am last night and then back to work at 8 am. Dh wasn't thinking clearly, Simon got upset about something and started raging. But this was the first time IN A WEEK it had happened, it only lasted 5 minutes or so, and I was able to soothe Simon somewhat. That's HUGE for us. I sent dh to bed until dinner was finished. When I woke him up for dinner, Simon and dh were able to TALK about what had happened. They talked about being angry w/o hurting people. It's miraculous. Simon's is in the sodium family which is very polar, very volatile. Wanting to bond
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (02-12-2011)
Old 02-12-2011, 05:09 AM   #82
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Jodi, those are WONDERFUL updates!!

Simon is on the 3rd attempt at a constitutional and I think we got it! He also is a different child. Tonight, for example, he got really, really mad at dh, they were playing a board game while I finished up dinner. Dh was really tired, had worked until 3 am last night and then back to work at 8 am. Dh wasn't thinking clearly, Simon got upset about something and started raging. But this was the first time IN A WEEK it had happened, it only lasted 5 minutes or so, and I was able to soothe Simon somewhat. That's HUGE for us. I sent dh to bed until dinner was finished. When I woke him up for dinner, Simon and dh were able to TALK about what had happened. They talked about being angry w/o hurting people. It's miraculous. Simon's is in the sodium family which is very polar, very volatile. Wanting to bond
I've been praying that Simon was doing better

The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (02-12-2011)
Old 03-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #83
mathematicalmessymamma

I used homeopathic pulsatilla (sp??) late in pregnancy b/c baby was breech and mw recommended it. I also did other stuff (Webster at my chiro) but it worked and she finally flipped. That's my only experience with homeopathy but I really want to learn more.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 PM   #84
Lantern Light Mama
Deactivated
I support GCM!

A.K.A. joyinthspirit

Lantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond reputeLantern Light Mama has a reputation beyond repute

In Germany at the hospital they used homeopathy too so I put classical. I have learned how to use it at home over the years. A few days ago with Mikey got sick I gave him Puslatilla and it proved the rememdy, he got worse! I am not sure if that was coincidental, if it unmasked his illness, or if I gave him the wrong remedy for bronchitis/ upper respitatory goop. Of all of the remedies I looked at it seemed to fit him best for what I had at home. I have used it sucessfully for allergic reactions that are local for him in the past. I have also used it during pregnancy, for colds, bug bites, ulcers, and more. I want a big kit but they are expensive. I have the Homepathy book for Pregnancy,and the Newborn. I have the children's types somewhere, and a few others about it (and herbalism). For the most part I was really into it until I found out the kids had such horrible allergies to milk. Then the lactose began to make me nervous. I know it is said to be a very small amount but I am unsure if I will continue using it or not. Our rememdies now are going on 5 years old with occasional replacements. They keep for a very long time.
Lantern Light Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #85
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Two of my kids just had croup again, aconite followed by spongia toasts and then hepar sully worked a miracle! Justice never got croupy but was miserable and hepar sully really helped him. Dh and I never cease to be amazed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
SilverMoon (08-29-2011)
Old 08-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #86
SilverMoon
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

SilverMoon has disabled reputation

I think I've successfully treated (at least the symptoms anyway) a female organ yeast infection using homeopathy this weekend.

Last Thursday the symptoms made me miserable so I bought the OTC treatment with the ovule to insert and the cream for itching. I started treatment that night (which was as soon as I got home from the store!)
That night, the cream didn't stop the itching/burning for long, and only made me goopy. In the morning I was still suffering. I got through the day by using the cream as often as I could, which gave only temporary relief.

Friday night I started thinking about ways homeopathy might be able to help.

Since "like cures like" and I knew the infection was a symptom of an imbalance, I decided to try one of the two remedies I take for depression. I thought I'd start with syphilinum because one of it's uses is to help female organs. However, whenever I thought the actual words, "When I'm done eating and in X minutes, I'll take ______ remedy for this infection," I kept inserting carcinocin, which in America is derived from one person's breast cancer (last night I learned in Europe there are some carcinocin remedies that are derived from 28 and 56 different forms of cancer!).

On Saturday, rather than going with my first thought, I decided to do what my 'instinct' kept saying, and took a dose of carcinocin. Before the 5 globs were dissolved, the itching had disappeared! I took another dose about 30-60 minutes alter, and the pain/discomfort also disappeared!
I took a few more doses on Saturday, every time discomfort came back, so maybe 4 doses. I did alternate with syphilinum just in case that was also needed.
On Sunday morning, I woke up without pain or discomfort or itching! I started to feel some about 11 am, 12 hours after the last dose! I didn't need another dose until 11 pm, just before bed, another 12 hours since the previous dose.
Today, I took a 'preventative' dose at 11 am, and have an appointment with my doctor at 6pm to be tested.

I'm really excited to find out if I did just successfully get rid of a yeast infection using homeopathy, after OTC meds and creams failed. I'll keep you updated.

"Trust is rebuilt by focusing not on what the other person did or did not do but on critiquing one's own behavior, improving one's trustworthiness, and focusing attention not on words and promises but on actions, attitudes, and ways of being."
— Kenneth Cloke and Joan Goldsmith
The Art of Waking People Up

for the many, many wise voices we've lost

SilverMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilverMoon For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (08-30-2011), tempus vernum (08-29-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #87
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

http://www.naturalnews.com/034097_homeopathy_myths.html good read for anyone interested in homeopathy and how it differs from allopathic medicine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
cobluegirl (11-09-2011), KLin (11-09-2011), SilverMoon (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #88
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Just a little testimony.

In September my dd got pneumonia. After two antibiotics she just wasn't better. I called the homeopath who spoke with me and her for about 1/2 hour on the phone. He suggested a remedy (at the HFS) and within HOURS she was turning. She took that one for 3 days and was *almost* back to 100% but not quite. So, she went in for a follow up. She got her remedy changed and has been WAY WAY better since. SHe started to digress this week but probably just needs a stronger dose (she's on a LM that is supposed to be slowly increased over time).

Homeopathy rocks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
SilverMoon (11-09-2011), Soliloquy (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #89
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

http://www.homeopathy2health.com/ this website it's for people who don't have a professional homeopath in their area.

Jodi, that's an awesome story!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
SilverMoon (11-09-2011), tempus vernum (11-09-2011)
Old 11-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #90
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
http://www.homeopathy2health.com/ this website it's for people who don't have a professional homeopath in their area.

Jodi, that's an awesome story!
And a special thanks to Lisa who got us to the homeopath and has permission to always remind me about homeopathy during our health issues

The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (11-09-2011)