Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #316
believer
Rose Garden

believer has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

does returning library books count as decluttering?
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
http://becauseisaidsothathswhy.blogspot.com/
believer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believer For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (03-02-2015), Lady Grey (03-09-2015), ShepherdsWife (02-28-2015), Soliloquy (03-02-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 02:05 PM   #317
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer View Post
does returning library books count as decluttering?
Yes. They are one of the hardest things to get out of the house for some reason.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
believer (02-28-2015), ECingMama (03-02-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 05:52 PM   #318
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm almost (temporarily) done decluttering the house, now I'm on to clearing out the storage shed!

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowermom For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #319
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

I am on a constant decluttering/organizing spree, because by the time i "finish", the things are all messy again.

Tossed a stack of magazines! I swear they multiply themselves!

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
ShepherdsWife (03-02-2015), Soliloquy (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #320
ShepherdsWife
Rose Bouquet

Full-time Mom to DS 8/13/12, Wife to the Sheep Man, and Rancher to 8000 momma sheep(ewes) :)

ShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant future

The garbage disposal got clogged last night so I had to take apart the pipes and unclog it(btw, it doesn't like egg shells). So.....I ended up cleaning and decluttering the underparts of my sink, eeewww! I have had that area child-locked for so long with very quick open and close times so little hands don't grab certain things...it was in need and it feels so much better when I open it to grab the dish soap.
DD December 2014
ShepherdsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #321
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I did about 8 bags last week!

1 stuffed bag of cloth diapers I'm giving to an expectant mom.

3 bags going to the consignment store.

3 bags went to goodwill.

2 bags went in the trash.

I'm on a roll!

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie View Post

Tossed a stack of magazines! I swear they multiply themselves!
I forgot, I did that, too!

I had STACKS of Mothering Magazine, API Journal, Pathways, This Old House, Fine Homebuilding, and Martha Stewart Living. I took them all to the "free" shelf at the library. I'm praying the natural/ap parenting magazines encourage some mom out there to listen to her heart.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
believer (03-02-2015), easygoinmomma (03-05-2015), Lady Grey (03-09-2015), ShepherdsWife (03-02-2015), sunflowermom (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 05:27 PM   #322
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I did about 8 bags last week!

1 stuffed bag of cloth diapers I'm giving to an expectant mom.

3 bags going to the consignment store.

3 bags went to goodwill.

2 bags went in the trash.

I'm on a roll!

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

I forgot, I did that, too!

I had STACKS of Mothering Magazine, API Journal, Pathways, This Old House, Fine Homebuilding, and Martha Stewart Living. I took them all to the "free" shelf at the library. I'm praying the natural/ap parenting magazines encourage some mom out there to listen to her heart.

Wahhhhhhhhh. My sister got me a subscription to Mothering.. IT turned out to be their last issue. You could have sold those for big bucks (to ME!!!!)

But I'm sure someone else will be happy to get them!
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #323
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

Cleaned a bag of clothes out of my wardrobe today having things organized by color of the day helped me realize i had way too much and made it easy to toss those few things i was questionable about seeing that i had twelve more in the same color range.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:02 AM   #324
nursesarah
Seedling Rose

nursesarah is on a distinguished road

Organized my husbands beer glass collection and packed a dozen into a box to give away. We're gonna play a game tonight, if he can tell which ones are gone, he gets to keep them. If not, they go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nursesarah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursesarah For This Useful Post:
believer (03-05-2015), Chaos Coordinator (03-03-2015), ShepherdsWife (03-03-2015), sunflowermom (03-05-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #325
ShepherdsWife
Rose Bouquet

Full-time Mom to DS 8/13/12, Wife to the Sheep Man, and Rancher to 8000 momma sheep(ewes) :)

ShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant futureShepherdsWife has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursesarah View Post
Organized my husbands beer glass collection and packed a dozen into a box to give away. We're gonna play a game tonight, if he can tell which ones are gone, he gets to keep them. If not, they go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love it.
DD December 2014
ShepherdsWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #326
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECingMama View Post
Wahhhhhhhhh. My sister got me a subscription to Mothering.. IT turned out to be their last issue. You could have sold those for big bucks (to ME!!!!)

But I'm sure someone else will be happy to get them!
Really, even though they were old? . I figured all that info is online, now.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #327
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Really, even though they were old? . I figured all that info is online, now.
It's OK. I'm thinking of the happy person who got them.

You know I think you're the best.

This is decluttering related. I didn't declutter my baby stuff, but I organized it. Was easily able to find SNS today in case my sister needs it.

It's not hidden in the dreaded junk room. There b isn't a dreaded junk room anymore!!
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #328
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

Filled up a bag when cleaning out the bedrooms.

Now I'm procrastinating cleaning the bathrooms

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:56 PM   #329
Lady TS
Rose Garden

Wish I was there!

Lady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond reputeLady TS has a reputation beyond repute

The IL's came in the house today and the house is a complete mess. I was so embarrassed. MIL was looking around at all the stacks(papers and cheap toys/junk from various places that are "treasures"). I decided that I need to cull all of the stacks of stuff and not care what the kids/dh thinks. It is ridiculous to leave it lay or stack it in the entry living room because there is no place for it and they don't want to bring some boxes to the attic! Trying to give them their space has gotten out of control.

*sigh* I would love to have a good pickup, a week off work and w/o other obligations so I can focus and get it all done (anyone know how to get rid of a ten ton ancient player piano no one wants, and that dh is afraid will destroy our porch due to its sheer weight if we take it out as one piece?)

As it is, I have picked up a black garbage bag of junk, assembled a box and bag to go to thrift store, and a bag of kid clothes to go to a friend...
and Avery, with the Lord September 2010

In essentials, Unity
In non-essentials, Liberty
In all things, Charity

My Blogs: Living Healthy in the Modern World and Wordy Musings
Lady TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:46 AM   #330
believer
Rose Garden

believer has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady TS View Post

(anyone know how to get rid of a ten ton ancient player piano no one wants, and that dh is afraid will destroy our porch due to its sheer weight if we take it out as one piece?)
Have you tried listing it on Freecycle or Craigslist for free? Are there local garage sale and free stuff groups on facebook? I would try those things. If no one will come get it that way, then call Salvation Army or other donation places and see if any will take it out of your house.
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
http://becauseisaidsothathswhy.blogspot.com/
believer is offline   Reply With Quote