Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:03 AM   #16
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
sensitive Re: please read: my health, baby has blood in poo

sounds like youre in the same boat my family was a while back. we were taking clay and it was helping tons but just not to the point where we were 100%. my oldest would bleed, my son had eczema, the third was starting to get it, and i was pregnant then and had developed asthma. after taking de for 90days, the de finished things off and we were all at the same time allergy free. since it was all of us all at once im sure it was the de. (before the clay and de we had tried everything! natural and medication. there was really no telling if it was parasitical or yeast or bacterial, or just all. but now that we cleared it, my mom came to visit and she had just finished a round of antibiotics for a bacterial infection in her lungs (thats how she explained it). we all started getting little allergy symptoms again. then i remembered when the kids had recovered from the flu, they had small allergy symptoms. with the flu we did clay and they went away. but with my moms visit, a dose of clay and a few clay baths the allergies are getting worse. i started us on a de cleanse once again. weve only been on it for about 3 days. im noticing the sinus type of odor is going away in the younger ones but not the older. and the baby has been smelling yeasty, last night she threw up out of no where but is now playing and looks totally fine. i go through all that 'cause im starting to think that all the things like yeast, bacteria, parasites are going to always be intermingled in some way. like if one has parasites its probably because one of the other was there first, then it created an environment that was hospitable so they stayed. then they cause holes and take up all the things we need to protect us from other stuff like yeast and bacteria, so then the holes that were caused start leaking proteins into our blood, so then we start having allergies. and on top of that, parasites can cause reactions to foods that irritate them! now take all that, and just switch around the words bacterial and viral and parasite. ......its enough to drive one crazy...so just throw it all away. take a deep breath, stop trying to figure it all out and take things that will attack them all. the important thing is to stick with what is making you progress forward. Like i tried to use coconut oil at first before the de. boy was that a mistake. it would give me asthma. but now that ive done the de, i take coconut oil all the time and it really helps.

dont be afraid to take high doses of fish oil either. i dont want to disturb the time i have to type right now with the kids happily playing or else id go look for you how much im taking. im the only one in the house since the de that is taking high amounts of fish oil. everyone takes fish oil but i take the high amount. im also the only one not to get the allergies back after my mom left. In the wild, bears that have the best fishing spots are the ones that arent plagued by parasites. when an old bear looses the prime fishing spot, it will soon have parasites and eventually die from its weakend state and age. FISH OIL!

ummm..what else???? i cant really think of anything since you are doing everything else we were and are doing. the only thing missing is the round of de and fish oil.
Oh! i also bought a bottle of enzymes. cause after the de round you do have to heal things up. its a battle trying to kill all the bad stuff so you can allow your body to heal. by the end of the bottle i didnt bloat after meals like i use to. i havent needed to buy another. ummmm...i also bought a bottle of oregamax. i add the capsules to our food whenever possible as a seasoning as i cook. its basically garlic, oregano, onion. great for bacteria and yeast.

so i have/had use/used:
fish oil
clay
de
oregamax (can also swallow oregaresp capsules if needed)
emergen c (high dose, find out what causes loose stools then stop at the amount right before the stools loosen- we used/use this when we arent getting enough vit c, vitamin C is crucial)
sea salt (thats all i cook with. only for me, i have taken sea salt in water when constipated, because as you start removing stuff it will try to back you up, youve got to keep it moving!)
San pelegrino water (not sure why but we all craved it for about a month and really helped our digestion, dont drink tap water at all! buy spring water as you heal your gut!!!! dont buy regular bottled water either!
...trying to think what else i have in the cabinet....
oregano oil (american something or other brand, its safe for kids. i rub it on their spines and on the bottoms of their feet)
probiotics-culturelle

and as far as a diet. you dont have to spend a ton. just lots of cooking from scratch. youll notice with higher amounts of fish oil in your diet and after the de starts working, you wont be near as hungry. youll be surprised at how everyones appetites will change. americans in general eat way more than what is necessary. even more when we are desperately trying to get the nutrients we need but arent able to because of the things we fight off. like parasites.
a nice inexpensive soup that will still work towards you goal could even be ramen! buy a better than broth jar of chicken stock. the oregamax. a package of frozen veggies,and ramen. take your fish oil along with this meal. add a fruit if you havent had enough for the day. or what the heck, make a green smoothie for your drink and throw in a probiotic. the only expensive thing about that meal is the supplements. yet you will be getting all your veggies, good fats, fruits, carbs, everything!
another inexpensive idea for breakfast is making your own muffins. theres a recipe i posted once on gcm for a mom who was asking about inexpensive ideas for illimination dieting. the muffin recipe allows one to use one oil, one flour, one riser. that way you can tell right away what will agree with you. and it only costs pennies.
......kiddos are needing me, if you can use even just one sentence from my book, lol, hths

came back because i remembered as i was doing a load of laundry, add a splash of vinegar to the wash and to the dishes. kick this stuff in the booty from the inside and the outside. and take clay baths! everything i mentioned i did while nursing. i give the baby de and clay too. you could just do clay baths if you arent comfortable giving littles things like that.

Last edited by me; 01-15-2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: afterthought
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Maggirayne (01-20-2010), newday (01-20-2010), Serafine (01-15-2010), sweetpeasmommy (01-15-2010)
Old 01-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #17
mykidsmom

Default Re: please read: my health, baby has blood in poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by belaruska View Post
thanks!
well, yes and no. i hope de will do the trick.
however, i'd love to know what herbs may be good. if i can get them at some point and take them while nursing... so, it'll be good to know.

re. maker's diet: i've read the book, and have to be honest, can't really remember what the dude said. and that is b/c i remember thinking :meh, i already do all these things. i am sure i don't do it exactly the way he says to do it, i do recall going a few times, but there is nothing there much different from the way i already eat and have been eating for quite some time.

(don't you hate it when you do so many things right and then get sick and you wish you could stop eating sugar/hydrogenated fat/colorings/msg/processed food/whatever to feel better, but you can't b/c you already do that )
I know what it is to try, whole-heartedly, every diet and cleanse in existance. I was raised in the world of natural health, past age 10, and had full faith that ALL things could be cured naturally. Previous to age 10 I had been fully vaccinated and was on antibiotics regularly. I was sickly kid but started to get better in my teens.

So, when my health took a major dive about 8 years ago, I went crazy trying to find a cure or lifestyle that would suit my body's needs. While health would improve to a point on and after certain diets/cleanses, I was never 100% and would sometimes start to revert during the diet/cleanse. I realized after my last juice fast, of 95 days, that something bigger was going on. I had already undergone many previous juice fasts, one that lasted 145 days and my body was cooperating, no matter what I did.

This is when I went on a mission for diagnosis and found out I had a rare disease that no diet/cleanse was going to fix. That was hard to swallow.

Natural medicine/living can cure the worst of the worst (cancer, aids, other degenerative diseases), but so far there's no solution for what I have. While natural is far superior to modern medicine, it still has a way to go in figuring out all things related to these complicated bodies.

Keep looking for that cure. It's out there, I'm sure.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #18
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

thank you all!

so,that answers my question if anyone took oregano while nursing

how to give baby clay/de? how much? nails i'm not really scared to give it to her, just don't want to upset her delicate balance: this is the kid that took a month to take a pacifier and still hates the ever so delicious primadophilus i let her lick off my finger
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #19
JavaMama
Rose Garden

JavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond repute

That makes sense... but you do severely limit carbs (even whole grains/complex carbs/fruits) for a time and such. I don't know if those things would help or hinder when you and your babe both have food sensitivities and allergies going on.
Homebirthing mama and midwife

Always remembering my youngest brother JK, forever 14 months old
JavaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #20
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusymomma View Post
That makes sense... but you do severely limit carbs (even whole grains/complex carbs/fruits) for a time and such. I don't know if those things would help or hinder when you and your babe both have food sensitivities and allergies going on.
sorry, i'm confused
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #21
JavaMama
Rose Garden

JavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond reputeJavaMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by belaruska View Post
sorry, i'm confused
The MD has phases, 3 of them I believe... the first phase is really strict and then phase 2 and 3 each allow a little more food choices.
Homebirthing mama and midwife

Always remembering my youngest brother JK, forever 14 months old
JavaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

oh, right. yes, recall phases, right. but i thought it was more about limiting processed/toxin stuff... of course i can't remember well.
and yes, not the best thing while nursing.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #23
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

just got some de from a sweet GCMama, and already had first dose. ds took it no problem at all.
we don't mind it ... no flavor at all, and the grit is super fine, so you are only aware of it after you swallow. praying it will work soon and well

The Following User Says they are praying for DancingWithElves:
sweetpeasmommy (01-15-2010)
Old 01-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #24
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Thumbs up Re: please read: my health, baby has blood in poo (we started DE! pg 2)

ok, so we started DE. dh and I had two doses yesterday and today, and ds had one yesterday and today (dh and i take 1 Tbsp. twice a day, ds takes 1/2 tbsp once a day).

so, first of all, that it's like. basically, it's super super fine hard particles. so, as i am swallowing it, i am not really aware of the taste or the texture, just that it's thicker than water. after i swallow there's no aftertaste i don't think, but there's grit on teeth and tongue until i swallow again, or drink a little water. grit is hard, but super fine, i'd say like baking soda fine, just no taste of course. i goes really well with my bengali spice tea, and with hot chocolate (how ds takes it)

well, WOW. hello. today, we're all detoxing big time. dh and I have headaches and are super tired and achy. ds refused food, ate not even 1/2 of what he'd usually eat all day, and retired early *gasp* he never really does that. i'm a little concerned. of course, i'm aware it's going into my milk. but not doing it is not really an option at this point so, unless there are some very serious symptoms, i'll carry on with DE and the rest of my regimen.

i'm continuing to pray re. elim. diet. so far, i believe this has to be done first. i'll continue dairy free, of course, as i have been. but for now, i believe further changes will wait.

thank you all, i'll keep updating with our progress. as always, i welcome your comments, suggestions and prayers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
Maggirayne (01-20-2010), newday (01-20-2010), Serafine (01-17-2010), sweetpeasmommy (01-16-2010)
The Following 3 Users Say they are praying for DancingWithElves:
Maggirayne (01-20-2010), Quiteria (01-19-2010)
Old 01-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #25
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation
Default Re: please read: my health, baby has blood in poo (we started DE! pg 2)

staying super hydrated, more than water, like coconut water and/or a little added salt, should help. i posted a homemade electrolyte once, i think its still a sticky, havent checked lately.
salt baths will help too. help as far as ease the detoxing. remember parasites give off their own toxins when they die so you want to eat lots of natural fiber and have daily bowel movements. after each meal would be best but not always easy to achieve.
get lots of sleep and tailor your routine to be relaxing and stress free as possible.
theres going to be a point where you feel very irritable. just remember, its not you, its the toxins being released that need to come out. try to avoid situations that aggravate.
Oh, and de also tastes good in lemonade
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #26
Mom2fourofthem

Default Re: please read: my health, baby has blood in poo (we started DE! pg 2)

You have a lot of the same symptoms I had before going gluten free. When I was pg, I swore I had gallbladder problems but the ultrasound showed no stones. SInce going GF, I've had to go soy and egg free. I can tolerate small amounts of dairy products (NOT milk!) and have had to change my supplements to hypoallergenic. After all of this, I feel better and my skin rashes also cleared up (my stools are also finally solid)
I would suggest you try to find a good naturopathic doctor.