Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Gentle Discipline *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Gentle Discipline *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Gentle Discipline

Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute
Default heart

My dd1 was laughing at my self-talking reparenting thing I was doing this morning as we walked through Walmart to get water. She looked at me all and I said, "this is that thing with me re-parenting myself so that I can be a better mom to y'all. I'm sure you'll have to do some of that too when you're the mom." and she says:

"Yea, but not nearly as much as you. I already know spanking doesn't work, and a lot of other things do, so I'm starting out WAY ahead of you there"

Oh, my soul, my heart will burst.

Gracious Father, so very much for your grace and mercy that covers all of my sins and grows my children in Your image rather than my own. In your precious son's Name, Amen.

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
Allison (01-15-2010), ArmsOfLove (05-16-2011), Auroras mom (06-12-2010), Barefoot Bookworm (05-16-2011), BlissfullyEsther (08-06-2013), BluegrassMama (05-16-2011), Bonnie (05-18-2011), CapeTownMommy (01-18-2010), Close2MyHeart (05-16-2011), Codi (01-15-2010), DancingWithElves (01-15-2010), Elora (01-15-2010), Eowyn (01-31-2011), Happygrl (05-16-2011), homesteadmama (01-16-2010), jenn3514 (01-15-2010), klpmommy (01-15-2010), kwisie (05-18-2011), Kyasmom (01-15-2010), LadybugSam (01-31-2011), light of mine (05-16-2011), Maggirayne (01-19-2010), magpiedpiper (05-16-2011), magpiemind (03-24-2011), MariekeSings (06-02-2013), mommychem (02-04-2013), newday (05-16-2011), Rabbit (05-16-2011), racheepoo (05-16-2011), Radosny Matka (05-16-2011), ReedleBeetle (01-15-2010), rjy9343 (05-18-2011), rosesnsnails (01-15-2010), Serafine (01-15-2010), simplegirl (01-15-2010), Singingmom (05-16-2011), StewardofLOs (01-31-2011), sweetpeasmommy (05-15-2011), Teribear (01-31-2011), Thankfulforgrace (05-16-2011), TraceMama (01-15-2010), UltraMother (05-16-2011), Vicki_T (02-02-2010), Virginia (05-16-2011), Wonder Woman (01-15-2010), Yuliana (05-16-2011), zak (01-15-2010)
Old 01-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
klpmommy
Deactivated

Beware the gorgon, she's having a bad hair day

klpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond reputeklpmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: heart

klpmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
zak
Administrator

Friend of the Fellowship

zak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond repute

that.is.awesome!!!!

Dedicated GCMer since 2003

Administrator and Moderating Cradled, Babes, Breastfeeding, Beautiful Mothers and Circumcision
zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Kyasmom
Rose Trellis

Kyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to allKyasmom is a name known to all

Kyasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
Elora
Deactivated

Elora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond reputeElora has a reputation beyond repute

Elora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Krisun
Rose Bouquet

Krisun is a glorious beacon of lightKrisun is a glorious beacon of lightKrisun is a glorious beacon of lightKrisun is a glorious beacon of lightKrisun is a glorious beacon of lightKrisun is a glorious beacon of light

very cute!!

breastfeed on demand, baby wearing, Cloth Diapering, EC-ing, co-sleeping, selective vax-ing

Krisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
NewLeaf
Deactivated
I support GCM!

NewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond reputeNewLeaf has a reputation beyond repute

What a blessing! I hope I get to hear something like that one day.
NewLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #9
Herbwifemama
Deactivated

dd running through the sprinkler last summer

Herbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant futureHerbwifemama has a brilliant future

What is this self talk- reparenting thing you do?
Herbwifemama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Herbwifemama For This Useful Post:
Codi (01-15-2010)
Old 01-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #10
Iveyrock
Rose Garden

Iveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond reputeIveyrock has a reputation beyond repute

To... living with, living with, living with - not dying from disease! - Rent

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."
— Terry Pratchett (Terry Pratchett's Men at Arms)
Iveyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #11
Serafine
Deactivated

Serafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond reputeSerafine has a reputation beyond repute

and
Serafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #12
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

oh, well, whenever I'm tempted to freak out, or feel myself going into TackyParenting or ScreachyFreakout Mode, I talk myself out of it.

I validate my big feelings, and I talk myself through the situation the way I would if I was talking to another mother or one of my children in that situation.

I often do it right out loud. No one else can validate my feelings the way I can, and once I've named them, their power is usually neutralized wrt, my big ole angries that I have been known to use inappropriately to lash out at my children in a VERY non-GBD way, or completely shut down so that I'm no longer functional.

ETA: this is probably where my children have learned more coping skills than any actual parenting I've done of them

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to allisonintx For This Useful Post:
abh5e8 (01-31-2010), Codi (01-15-2010), DancingWithElves (01-15-2010), Dovenoir (05-15-2011), homesteadmama (01-16-2010), Lady Grey (01-15-2010), Maggirayne (01-19-2010), racheepoo (05-16-2011), runningmama (03-30-2011), StewardofLOs (01-31-2011), Stiina (06-20-2012), Vicki_T (02-02-2010), Virginia (05-16-2011)
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #13
tigerlily
Rose Garden

tigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond reputetigerlily has a reputation beyond repute

I have to try that!

‎"Don't they teach recreational maths anymore?"
~The Doctor
tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #14
DoulaClara
Rose Garden

DoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond reputeDoulaClara has a reputation beyond repute

I so need to try this. The crankiness of entering the final countdown is sometimes facilitating me to do kooky things (oh, like biting the Pyrex measuring cup as hard as I can, because I just measured things into a bowl that was way too small, and Gianna is screeching, and the dog is underfoot...)
Old 01-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #15
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

That is so amazing!

And thanks for explaining. One more tool in my tool box.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote