Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 05-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #1
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

Teacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond repute
Default spider bites

I think i was bit by a spider - Sunday.....I noticed marks Sunday night. they itch like so insanely.

I thought it was poison ivy (itching) at first since i seem to always get that when working in the yard

but this is different. distinct marks...hardness all around, puss coming out...nasty.....

i'm thinking i need to call the doctor in the morning.....

cause it will be six days right - no five....how long does it take to get better? anyone familiar with this???
Teacher Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
squiddles
Climbing Rose

squiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spider bites

yeah, I'd at least call and see what they say!
we had a bug bite incident (not sure if it was spider or not) last week with my youngest and i called the nurse hotline, they told me that with any bug bite, if it's not serious it should start to clear up/not get worse after 48 hours, otherwise come in and have it looked at.
squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squiddles For This Useful Post:
ReedleBeetle (05-15-2014), Teacher Mom (05-16-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #3
Rivendell Raven
Rose Bouquet

Rivendell Raven is a splendid one to beholdRivendell Raven is a splendid one to beholdRivendell Raven is a splendid one to beholdRivendell Raven is a splendid one to beholdRivendell Raven is a splendid one to beholdRivendell Raven is a splendid one to beholdRivendell Raven is a splendid one to beholdRivendell Raven is a splendid one to behold

I had a spider bite that caused bruising and swelling for about a week before it started to get better. It turned into a big scab and got kind of scary looking but in the end the doctor wasn't worried since it didn't seem to be from a black widow or a recluse.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rivendell Raven For This Useful Post:
Teacher Mom (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 04:26 AM   #4
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

Bentonite Clay is a wonder for spider and insect bites and have heard of many testimonies of people being healed using it even with brown recluse when conventional treatments hadnt worked.

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
houseforjoy (05-16-2014), Teacher Mom (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #5
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

Teacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTeacher Mom has a reputation beyond repute

called doctor's nurse....waiting to hear back........boy those images kept me awake last night.......(the images on google)

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

and I have never heard of bentonite clay???? and am googling it...
Old 05-16-2014, 07:02 AM   #6
Findabhair
Rose Bouquet

Findabhair has much to be proud ofFindabhair has much to be proud ofFindabhair has much to be proud ofFindabhair has much to be proud ofFindabhair has much to be proud ofFindabhair has much to be proud ofFindabhair has much to be proud ofFindabhair has much to be proud ofFindabhair has much to be proud ofFindabhair has much to be proud of

I got bitten by a spider in 2010. I don't remember it itching very much but it was painful. My doctor told me to make a paste of baking soda and water and apply as needed.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #7
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

thank you all......still waiting on doctor's office.....but more convinced I will be fine.....those darn google images scared the gajeebies out of me late last night.....

it would make sense....cause we have always mixed dirt with water making a paste for bee stings....always works to relieve pain instantly!!!! My husband doesn't know where or when he learned it but we have always did that!!!! Now I'm wishing I would have "did" something more in the beginning!!! I just thought it was a mosquito bite...then it got red and hard and itched and we still just thought mosquito bite.....and then it was oozing...and we thought, oh it's healing.... it could still be all good. I just want to know how many days....ya know how many days is it normal to be healing????

I don't like the nurse on duty today...she is the one I talked with....ugh.....and the receptionist when I she asked what was going on...said I should come in....are receptionists qualified medically???? Cause I don't think she is and she has annoyed me before...I don't like discussing things with her....
Old 05-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #8
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

We have used Bentonite Clay for spider bites and other venemous stings like bees and wasps and what used to be a stinging pain/redness and some swelling scenario turns into immediate relief and no progression to redness and some swellling if applied right away.But even if applied later on really heals.usually HFS have some kind in stock even if Yerba Prima detox kind which is already hydrated.We have used that for internal and external things.Lots of places to buy online but would get some right away and get started.Some people like to add some Colloidal Silver or other bacterial killing types of things.Other things that help are taking Those Papaya digestive enzymes with chlorophyll.Enzymes break down protein in venom. Emergency snake bite remedies are often to use some kind of enzymes internally and externally like meat tenderizers even if that is all that is on hand.We had a dog recover from severe swelling/symptoms from a snake bite in about 3 days after started on those enzymes with the chlorophyll that the ER vet we had used said would take about 6 weeks.If you should end up taking abx or anything else these things can still be used along with

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:
Teacher Mom (05-16-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 07:57 AM   #9
Teacher Mom
Rose Garden

thank you mamacat - thanks for taking the time to respond and sharing your wealth of information and experiences
The Following User Says Thank You to Teacher Mom For This Useful Post:
mamacat (05-16-2014)