Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417)
-   -   favourite store to buy cloth diapers (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=226208)

2sunshines 10-26-2007 05:31 AM

favourite store to buy cloth diapers

what is your favourite store to buy cloth diapers and why?

we had an old thread on this, but many of the stores had changed/gone out of business, etc. So time for a new one.

Share your experiences and links here.

2sunshines 10-26-2007 05:36 AM

Re: favourite store to buy cloth diapers

My absolute favourite right now is www.babyhopesclothdiapers.com She has EXCELLENT customer service, and the best part is that she has free shipping on everything, regardless of the size of your order. Every time I order I get a personal hand written thank you letter from her, along with a gift. She is fantastic.

In the past I have also ordered from www.naturalbabies.com, www.abbyslane.com, www.nickisdiapers.com all with great customer service and great success. These are stores that I always cross check to see where I can get the best deal.

If you're shopping for prefolds, I highly recommend www.greenmountaindiapers.com. She may not be the cheapest BUT her prefolds are superior to any other. Seriously. People told me this when I was shopping and I was kinda like "yea right" but now that I have some from her, I can definitely notice a difference. Worth every penny. :yes

Katigre 10-26-2007 07:13 AM

www.nickisdiapers.com is fantastic, especially for buying covers because they have free shipping on many small/light items.

Soliloquy 10-26-2007 07:39 AM

I prefer to buy from a WAHM, especially a GCM. :) However, if I want pockets, I go to www.cottonbabies.com They have excellent customer service. I ordered some bumGenius and when they were about 1 year old, the elastic was shot. Even though the warranty was only 60 days, I wrote them and they replaced my diapers for free! They also include free inserts w/ every pocket diaper.

inesperada 10-26-2007 10:18 AM

Baby Hopes Cloth Diapers is hands down my favorite. No contest at all there! She is *wonderful* and has free shipping. :tu :heart

If she doesn't carry what I'm looking for, I generally just shop around at sales looking for the best deal. But I always try to buy from her first.

JessicaNichole 10-27-2007 03:14 AM

I love to buy cloth diapers from HyenaCart its awsome. my fave stores on there are bizzyBeehive, Hillbillybunny, Sweetiebums, and patchwork pixie but Bizzybeehive is my fave!! my fave store for wool soakers is pumpkinpiebaby!! bizzybeehive makes mostly Organic Cotton Volour diapers,, ohh so soft!! anyways, hope that helps www.hyenacart.com is my fave place to shop for my cloth diapered baby ( stay away from Luvease diapers, the lady that runs that store has terrible customer service among other things! )anyways hopes that helps!

schmamy 10-29-2007 08:11 AM

I made my big getting-started order with Wee Bunz (weebunzdiapers.com) and was very pleased--fast, good customer service, best prices for what I bought (I did a lot of comparison shopping).

kellydd00 11-08-2007 10:48 AM

I shop at babycottonbottoms.com and kellyscloset.com and thanksmama.com. I think that's it... I like them all for different reasons. I especially like the bargain basement at babycottonbottoms. Kellyscloset and thanksmama have clearance items quite often.

RachamMama 12-11-2007 08:00 PM

I really like www.little-lions.com and www.motherease.com. :heart Little lions has free shipping for orders over $65 and has the best prices on BSWW and CPF's that I've found *anywhere*. Motherease one size diapers and Airflow covers are the absolute best (IMO) and I had to put a plug in for them. Their diapers last forever and dry quickly w/o sacrificing absorbancy.

Amythestmama 04-02-2008 09:13 PM

:) I like naturalbums.com . They process and ship very fast!! And they have lots of great smelling wash cubes!

tntmedic 05-02-2008 06:52 AM

I'm late jumping in on this one, but I have a website I love, and the lady who runs it is fabulous! She also includes samples of everything from clothing, rash remedies, and detergents. She's great about answering emails with questions, and is probably soley responsible for getting us to exclusinve cloth diapering, helping me sort out brands and techniques for night-time diapering when we ran into problems.
the site:
www.punkinbutt.com

(and how can you resist a name like that???)

Mert 05-02-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaM
I prefer to buy from a WAHM, especially a GCM. :) However, if I want pockets, I go to www.cottonbabies.com They have excellent customer service. I ordered some bumGenius and when they were about 1 year old, the elastic was shot. Even though the warranty was only 60 days, I wrote them and they replaced my diapers for free! They also include free inserts w/ every pocket diaper.

I second this... I've done multiple orders from this site and gotten great service and quick shipping. They're quick to call with any questions and have always given me assistance when I needed it.

NovelMama 05-02-2008 07:57 AM

I don't suppose there's a list somewhere of GCM WAHMs that make diapers, is there? I know there's the list of WHAM businesses on the WAHM forum, but it would be nice to have a list here on the CD board of just the moms who make CDs. Just a thought...

Living My Dream 06-05-2008 12:53 PM

uk online shops?? (why do i get the feeling we wont be eating because im buying CD stuff!?) :lol

Tuesdayschild 06-11-2008 06:37 AM

The United Kingdom 9and EU shoppers):

Baby Kind .co.uk - I can testify to GREAT service :)

Twinkle on the Web - haven't used them, but they have LOADS

Little Green Earthlets have some too, but they're quite pricey

My bambino mio prefolds have lasted quite well, but I don't like their covers as much as Motherease ones

CapeTownMommy 06-11-2008 06:45 AM

I had a great experience with Abbyslane. I ordered BG to be delivered to my FIL's hotel when he went to the US - I ordered about 2 weeks before I needed them delivered, and Stephanie from Abbyslane arranged for delivery at the right time even though they were closed for the week when FIL was there. They delivered exactly on the day I asked them to with absolutely no problems.

They also have a referral program where you get a discount on your next order if you refer someone who buys something, and if you join the yahoo group you get a code to get 5% off your total order.

MamaPepper 09-15-2008 05:58 PM

www.wildflowerdiapers.com

The woman that runs this store is local to me and will go around and do free diaper demonstrations. She also goes above and beyond to support local WAHMs. I don't know what other stores prices are, but I will always support her because she is so awesome!!!

Niphredil 09-15-2008 06:02 PM

Well, it's not my fave to *buy*... cause she's my sis and I get a hefty (erm, free :shifty) discount, but... http://hyenacart.com/onestore.php?vid=752&category=41

She's doing her first stocking on Sunday, you should check it out. But, uh, just don't tell her where you know me from. GCM is my safe haven! ;)

wjwalters 09-26-2008 07:32 AM

I :heart katnappies.etsy.com

She is really nice and has made me a lot of custom diapers.

shehaights 02-26-2009 01:18 PM

Of course, I have to mention my own store, we just opened this month: cloth diapers, babycarriers, oils, and more natural living items
http://www.happybabybottoms.com/ 10% off your $40 or more in purchases and free shipping for $100 or more.

cotton babies offers great prices, but as a store owner, it's kinda hard to compete and frustrating. Manufacturers have "suggested" and enforced retail prices. Cotton Babies really enforces their retail prices on BG, but can offer other brands so much cheaper. Not sure how that works out.

I also love punkin-butt, I carry some of their oils and products, I think they're awesome Mommy's and love doing business with them! :heart

2sunshines 02-26-2009 01:22 PM

How exciting that you opened your own store. :rockon I'll definitely check it out. :tu

crunchyusmcluv 03-20-2009 10:04 AM

I bought alot from WAHM locally. But if i had to buy online it was motherease and greenmountain diapers. Sorry didnt post the links but they have been previously mentioned.

passthemanna 06-12-2009 03:12 PM

i like Baby Earth. They have a website- babyearth.com. I think I mainly just like them because they are 20 minutes away from my house, they have a pretty decent selection, and I can actually see & touch the diapers and talk to the salesperson about them. Also I once got a free pair of super cute baby legwarmers from them with the purchase of a diaper and that was nice.
:)

ok my new fav is www.tinybirdsorganics.com a local store & she offers free shipping! lots of organic diapers to choose from!

sarainseattle 10-20-2009 09:37 AM

I hate to toot my own horn... but I will :) I just opened this month! I'm really hoping to get to meet a lot of local Seattle moms through diaper showers, but I ship all over the US (and internationally if you call to order and I can arrange shipping with you).

www.motheringgrace.com
and 10% off your entire order with code: GCMOM10

My prices are very competitive, too, and free shipping over $100 (flat rate $7 on other orders). So far we carry PlanetWise, FuzziBunz, SoftBumz, AppleCheeks, Thirsties, Little Lions prefolds, Snappis, and my friend's (Modest Milk) nursing covers and supplies. California Baby skincare is on the way, too!

Emma 04-08-2010 01:46 AM

Hi - I'm in Australia so this may not be relevant to all however...

I really like my baby beehinds bamboo nappies - very absorbant, I can leave them overnight without changing my LO's nappy. Used with a motherease cover they contain her very liquid and voluminous poos - when I have used other nappies and disposables I have had some leakage problems!

I also like itti bitti d'lish - a bit more compact so I use them when we go out. Really cute colours.

november 04-09-2010 11:42 PM

Mom's Milk Boutique is AWESOME! I love her store. She is super sweet and very accommodating. And you can't beat FREE shipping. And she's fast, too.

I've also ordered from Jillian's, Cotton Babies, ClothDiaperOutlet, Kelly's Closet and all of them were wonderful as well.

March 04-10-2010 12:51 PM

I second Mom's Milk Boutique. Good customer service--they've "messed up" my order and it was very easily taken care of.

My usual go-to store is www.nurturedfamily.com, though. They're the closest to local for me as they're in Houston; I'm dying to go visit the brick and mortar store.

solatido 04-22-2010 06:09 AM

I found a store that is a brick and mortar store relatively near family. Can't wait to go see them (oh, and visit family too :giggle)!!! They have free shipping online and are having a sale today (15% off for Earth Day):

http://www.happybabycompany.com/

Their customer service is excellent! They also carry baby carriers, toys, and organic clothing.

Cookie Momster 04-26-2010 02:16 PM

I've never had a bad experience with a cloth diaper store yet. I've ordered from:

Abby's Lane
Cotton Babies
Diaper Junction
Mom's Milk Boutique
Happy Baby Company
Sew Crafty Baby
Nicki's Diapers

I have received exceptional service from Cotton Babies and Happy Baby Company. With Cotton Babies I ruined the diapers and they replaced all 18 of them for free. With Happy Baby Company they actually messed up my order and sent me a BG OS instead of a BG AIO. They sent me a postage paid envelope for the "wrong" diaper along with my "right" diaper so all I had to do was put the diaper in my mail box. As a "sorry" they sent me some free wipe concentrate and a couple cloth wipes.

Redeemed 08-14-2010 09:30 AM

On line: Baby Cotton Bottoms and Nicki's Diapers
Storefront local to me: Green Bambino

RedPetals 10-20-2010 03:52 PM

http://snootybootydiapers.com/
http://www.momsmilkboutique.com/
https://www.squishytushy.com/
http://www.cottonbabies.com/

ShortyRobs 01-14-2011 07:09 PM

I buy from diapershops.com and cottonbabies.com. Both companies often have coupons and specials going on that you can find on Facebook.

blessedmamaofmany 01-24-2011 07:36 AM

I just bought mine from diaperjunction.com

they have a point program for earning free diapers. Free shipping over a certain amount.

VERY fast!

March 01-29-2011 01:37 PM

I'm a retailer now, so I buy from my suppliers. ;)

pirandellian 01-29-2011 01:56 PM

http://www.elemeno-pee.com/

(and may I suggest the wonderful representative who posted just above me, Laura Lynn)

March 01-29-2011 02:14 PM

Can't wait till our updated web site launches--that one is so outdated! I'm not even on it.

flowermama 03-01-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovelMama (Post 1578360)
I don't suppose there's a list somewhere of GCM WAHMs that make diapers, is there? I know there's the list of WHAM businesses on the WAHM forum, but it would be nice to have a list here on the CD board of just the moms who make CDs. Just a thought...

Yikes, this is an old post, but it's still a good idea! I'll try and get a list together soon. :tu

PinkPearlGirl 09-03-2011 09:08 PM

Abby's Lane. I love it. They have a physical store in Northern, VA and it's like a kid in a candy store!! I could buy the whole place.

Love&Joy 09-03-2011 09:45 PM

I like www.nickisdiapers.com also! They have free shipping on pocket diapers, which is what we use! :)