Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=418)
-   -   Baby crying while asleep (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529319)

Abigail 02-09-2021 07:07 AM

Baby crying while asleep

Hi,
Did some of you ever experience this? My baby is 8 weeks old and hardly ever cries. During the day he has his naps in the wrap (front cross carry, upright) and at night he sleeps besides me in our bed. A while ago he suddenly started crying while asleep in the wrap, but after two cries just kept on sleeping. Today he also suddenly started to cry while asleep in the wrap (he was not in a light sleep or about to wake up). He woke up from his own crying and kept crying for a minute or so while I was comforting him. I don’t remember I ever had this with one of my other children and I wondered why he was crying. Would that be a kind of nightmare? (Or ‘daymare’ actually).

2sunshines 02-09-2021 07:17 AM

Re: Baby crying while asleep

When you say crying, do you mean an all out wail cry or more of a whimper type cry? I've had my babies whimper cry in their sleep.... I always assumed they were dreaming or something. I usually just cuddled or comforted them, like you are doing.

Abigail 02-09-2021 09:52 AM

I mean really crying out loud! I was startled since he was sleeping so quietly and suddenly started crying so loud...

Aerynne 02-09-2021 03:11 PM

night terrors is where they cry in their sleep. One of my daughters had them three nights after her first round of shots, but they can also just happen.

sweetpeasmommy 02-09-2021 08:57 PM

Gas pain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2sunshines 02-10-2021 06:30 AM

Poor baby! Could be dreams, tho I always wonder how much a baby has to dream about with so little frame of reference... :think

Pain is what I would first think of. That gas pain sure can be a lot for those tiny babes especially at the beginning when their whole digestive tract is just getting going...

It's so hard to see our little ones sad or hurt.

SewingGreenMama 02-10-2021 07:41 AM

Gas pain is my first guess.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Abigail 02-12-2021 06:44 AM

Yeah, I was thinking, what would he ever have to have a nightmare about? Since I feel he has a perfectly happy babylife;) Or can babies have nightmares when they have a relaxed happy life and no shots?
I've never noticed him to have pain in his belly, yet come to think of it, we ate something with a lot of leeks and onions in it the day before, so it might have been gas.

kimiels 03-15-2021 07:50 AM

I think its teething or stomach ache.I have the same problems with my child and Ive started to use teething gels for baby https://miniscreeni.com/best-teething-gels-for-baby. After a couple of days the pain went away.