Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   September Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529735)

rdsmommy 09-03-2021 01:42 PM

Re: September Dinners

Today is chicken/vegetable soup. It’s super hot outside so not really soup weather but I’m trying to make something that will be easy on my stomach. I’m making a big pot so I can eat it tomorrow too.

RealLifeMama 09-03-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViolaMum (Post 6257154)
Ugggh. Our fridge died. I had to toss most of what was in it.

The freezer is fine, so I have that. And a well-stocked pantry. And a little bit of produce coming from the garden. I'm thinking chili tonight.

So sorry to hear this! It is hard to get good prices on appliances, and find them in stock.

I am just now planning my meals for September.
Tonight is just pizza and ice cream.

I am trying to plan more meat/veggie/whole food starch meals this month and less one pot meals.

2sunshines 09-03-2021 03:37 PM

Tacos tonight.

milkmommy 09-03-2021 09:17 PM

We had coconut shrimp originally we planned on having some veggie spring rolls with.them
I was going to just grab some from our grocery deli counter. However they were out. So we did some air fryer edamame instead. Served with coconut rice and fresh pineapple.

knitlove 09-03-2021 09:29 PM

We had pizza. Because I was exsausted, I hadn't had time to preap some ingredients for what I had planed and tonight I didn't care that my girls hate it.

They did both eat some of their pizza and not just pick off the topping. I have the only children in the world who dislike having there own personal pizza.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

milkmommy 09-04-2021 09:37 PM

Margaret is spending the night with a school friend. So we took advantage and I made homemade Mac n cheese. (All dairy and gluten filled). Lol
Honey Dijon chicken with zucchini or broccoli tomorrow.

mummy2boys 09-05-2021 12:14 AM

Being Father's Day here in Australia, DH gets to pick dinner tonight :) He chose homemade pizzas and garlic bread

2sunshines 09-05-2021 11:40 AM

Chicken coconut curry over rice for lunch today.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkmommy (Post 6257382)
Margaret is spending the night with a school friend. So we took advantage and I made homemade Mac n cheese. (All dairy and gluten filled). Lol
Honey Dijon chicken with zucchini or broccoli tomorrow.

I feel ya! Any time my gluten allergic kid is gone I cook all things gluten for dinner since it's such a year thing (other than having to cook two separate dishes which quite frankly I rarely do :lol ).

graciousmomma 09-05-2021 12:10 PM

For last night's dinner, I had some things I needed to use up, so I googled the ingredients, and this Irish stew recipe came up. It was different, in that you make mashed potatoes, and then top the mashed potatoes with the stew. The whole family really liked it. It was very good! :yum I made the stew in the crockpot, even though the recipe calls for stovetop. For the mashed potatoes, I just did the instant potatoes we had on hand at home. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23...ish-pork-stew/

heartofjoy 09-05-2021 01:01 PM

This was really good.

https://www.saltandlavender.com/crea...te-wine-sauce/

Then I took the leftovers and added to sautéed cabbage and onions, added heavy cream, parmesan, sour cream, and creole seasoning. Even more yummy the second time.

The Tickle Momster 09-05-2021 02:42 PM

Creamy beef & mushroom soup. I altered to to be W30 compliant. Made a few tiny mistakes. Still yummy.
Tonight dh is grilling.

Tomorrow? Not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knitlove 09-05-2021 07:13 PM

Tonight was tacos - I thought dh how to make them ( he really doesn't cook ever). Starting this week he is going to need to cover dinner on Wendsday night. So Wendsday is going to become taco night, untill he feels confident enough to want to branch out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RealLifeMama 09-05-2021 07:22 PM

heartofjoy, that looks and sounds delicious

Last night, I got so busy it was suddenly 8pm and I had not made dinner. Thankfully, I had some fresh chicken breast, so I just diced it up and cooked it in a skillet with some homemade taco seasoning I keep around, and squeezed a lime over it. Then, I cooked up some pepper strips and and half an onion that were sitting in the fridge. Put out some tortillas and some toppings. It took like less than 20 minutes and everyone was super excited "Yay! Mom made fajitas!" Seriously, everyone loved it so much, I will never go out of my way to make an actual fajita recipe with marinated meat again.

Tonight I made this https://www.melskitchencafe.com/spin...i-vinaigrette/
I grilled some extra chicken and the kids made some garlic toast.
I love this recipe, and it is so easy to put together with grilled chicken, I don't know why I don't make it more often, especially since everyone eats it except one kid that doesn't like spinach, but there are plenty of other things in it.

heartofjoy 09-06-2021 01:19 PM

I grilled venison kabobs last night. They were so good.

ViolaMum 09-06-2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartofjoy (Post 6257495)
I grilled venison kabobs last night. They were so good.

How did you season them?

We had taco bowls tonight. We had our last Hurrah! at the Cape for the season this weekend and with the fridge dying right before we left, well, fresh options were limited. I need to go shopping tomorrow.