Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   September Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529735)

knitlove 09-06-2021 05:59 PM

Re: September Dinners

Tonight is baked salmon with rice, asparagus sauteed with a bit of bacon, and roasted summer squash, cauliflower and zucchini

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2sunshines 09-06-2021 06:31 PM

We were invited to a labour day bbq with my ds' girlfriends extended family. Burgers, hot dogs, lots of sides and ice cream.

milkmommy 09-06-2021 07:51 PM

Peanut soba noodles (gf pasta for dd2) and roasted bok choy.

twoplustwo 09-07-2021 02:45 AM

Tonight will be quesadillas. I just did burritos last night but now I have leftover flavored meat and bean. With roasted veggies.

heartofjoy 09-07-2021 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViolaMum (Post 6257504)
How did you season them?

We had taco bowls tonight. We had our last Hurrah! at the Cape for the season this weekend and with the fridge dying right before we left, well, fresh options were limited. I need to go shopping tomorrow.

I used this recipe. The only thing I modified was the sugar. I reduced it by about half. I used tenderloin. And I did one kabob with some hog backstrap.

https://primalpioneer.com/grilled-venison-kabobs/

I've never made them before! I need more ideas for cooking all the venison my dh brings home! I am always scrambling to use it.

milkmommy 09-07-2021 10:01 AM

Talpia with street corn and mixed fruit salad.

twoplustwo 09-08-2021 03:28 AM

Rice, roasted zucchini and squash, grilled scallops for most of us (they were on sale but Ive never made them before, I am excited about it though), chicken sausage for ds, I dont think he eats scallops, esp not a big pile like that - maybe "in" something.

I was thinking of adding seaweed and sesame seeds to the rice but I dont think ds would eat it that way. :think But I could remove some for him as soon as its done and then add for the rest of us. Ds isn't "picky", especially compared to what you would call picky, but he also isn't in an stage of life willing to try a lot of new things. He already won't eat seaweed as a snack.

2sunshines 09-08-2021 04:13 AM

I made a chili with a bunch of my homegrown tomatoes. This is the time of year I'm always looking for tomato heavy dishes. :lol The bonus is the super freshness of homegrown tomatoes really ups the flavour of the dish I find.

ViolaMum 09-08-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines (Post 6257557)
I made a chili with a bunch of my homegrown tomatoes. This is the time of year I'm always looking for tomato heavy dishes. :lol The bonus is the super freshness of homegrown tomatoes really ups the flavour of the dish I find.

OOOh, I'm jealous! Our tomatoes didn't do very well this year. The crows got into one patch :hissyfit but the weather just wasn't very co-operative either.

If you have eggplant, caponata is delicious with fresh tomatoes. I like it with kalamata or oil-cured olives, too. My grandma used to make big pots of giambott with the garden bounty (it's essentially Italian ratatouille to which my cousins add Italian sausage to make it a one-pot meal).

I've got a rib-eye roast in the IP for French Dip sandwiches tonight. I talked Littlest out of Hot Mashed Potatoes (her favorite dish, after ice cream :giggle) and into oven fries because Tertia asked for roasted acorn squash and I'm too lazy to dirty that many dishes. :bag

heartofjoy 09-08-2021 05:26 PM

I made chili because it was cool in the morning for the first time since last spring. I mean, it was also 98 today. :shrug3

We ate it with fritos and cheese.

milkmommy 09-08-2021 05:40 PM

It is a free for all. Everybody for them selves. Anything goes as long as you clean up after your self night...:shifty

2sunshines 09-08-2021 06:14 PM

I made a tomato based hamburger, green pepper soup. Served over rice.

charla 09-08-2021 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines (Post 6257608)
I made a tomato based hamburger, green pepper soup. Served over rice.

I want that! It sounds yummy.

We had Garlic basil chicken with tomato butter sauce over gf penne, and kale caesar salad. The tomato butter sauce never thickened up and was quite bland. :scratch

twoplustwo 09-09-2021 08:23 AM

Dh is oot for work so Im going to pick up Jimmy Johns. Then dd and I can eat early before I drive to her PV practice and ds can have his when he gets home from soccer and we are gone.

milkmommy 09-09-2021 09:12 AM

Meatball subs chips and salad