Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   Chocolate fountain (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=530496)

RealLifeMama 12-09-2022 09:30 PM

Chocolate fountain

Has anyone ever used a chocolate fountain?
What kind of chocolate do you put in it? Does it have to be those melting wafers?
What are your favorite dippers?
Honestly, I find them a little gross, but then I've never been anywhere that had one.

Soliloquy 12-10-2022 10:57 AM

Re: Chocolate fountain

I saw one at a brunch buffet once. I didn't try it. I couldn't imagine it tasting good because I know the consistency of melted chocolate and the viscosity is much higher than what I saw in the fountain. So I figured it was probably mostly oil with some melted chocolate.

I think chocolate fondue is a much better idea, personally.

heartofjoy 12-10-2022 11:03 AM

My friend has one and we used it for my daughter's wedding but she set it up and did the chocolate, so I can't tell you what kind. We served it with cut up fruit. It's really good. I'm a chocolate snob but even I liked it with fruit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

RealLifeMama 12-10-2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 6277641)

I think chocolate fondue is a much better idea, personally.

There will be too many people for fondue, unfortunately.

Close2MyHeart 12-12-2022 11:48 AM

We've done it, but my friend set it up so I can't tell you exactly what kind of chocolate she used, but it was dark chocolate. We served cut up strawberries, pineapple, bananas, and angel food cake with it. Very, very yummy!

Soliloquy 12-15-2022 10:02 PM

I saw a chocolate fountain the store the other day so I looked at what you put in it. This one was Wilton brand and it stated to use Wilton chocolate melting wafers. So if you like those, I'm sure it will be great!

Aerynne 12-16-2022 04:27 AM

I have been to places where they had them and enjoyed eating the stuff from a guest’s perspective. No idea about how hard it is to deal with as the host, though.

JoannaV 12-16-2022 11:38 AM

Recipes seem to imply you can use your favorite chocolate with a bit of coconut oil.

tempus vernum 12-21-2022 05:40 PM

Yes I've used chocolate fountains multiple times but after the first exposure I stopped partaking. Explanation: I am a food germophobe in that I don't like peoples fingers in my food. The chocolate fountain a family member has resulted in kids just sticking fingers in and licking them :sick or people unintentionally getting their fingers coated in chocolate

If there were small desert forks toothpicks or a way to prevent that id be open to try again... But only if it was good quality and didn't clog. Cleaning it was also horrible but I don't recall the brand.

Soliloquy 12-21-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tempus vernum (Post 6278218)
Yes I've used chocolate fountains multiple times but after the first exposure I stopped partaking. Explanation: I am a food germophobe in that I don't like peoples fingers in my food. The chocolate fountain a family member has resulted in kids just sticking fingers in and licking them :sick or people unintentionally getting their fingers coated in chocolate

If there were small desert forks toothpicks or a way to prevent that id be open to try again... But only if it was good quality and didn't clog. Cleaning it was also horrible but I don't recall the brand.

That reminds me of another reason why I never tried it. It was at a brunch buffet at a restaurant. I'd be okay doing this with friends but I do think fondue forks or skewers are a great idea.