Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   Arctic Blast Check In (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=530519)

CelticJourney 12-23-2022 01:55 PM

Arctic Blast Check In

It is COLD and I'm in South Carolina which is looking like a tropical beach in comparison to the rest of the country. Our wind chill is forecast to be 0 tonight. One daughter lost power for a bit this morning, but has it back.

Everyone else doing ok?

ECingMama 12-23-2022 03:51 PM

Re: Arctic Blast Check In

It dropped 30 degrees while I was at a 90 min event. We had to be out in it until after midnight. Was very thankful when we got home.

MegMarch 12-23-2022 03:56 PM

:hugheart

I am in Alabama. Power has been off for people around us, apparently, but we've not experienced anything beyond a flicker. DH was feeling crummy and stayed home, so no worries about him coming home in the cold and a slightly iffy vehicle.

We've been cooped up with sickness for days and now this... I'm tired of my family, guys. But really glad that we aren't in as dire a situation as so many. :heart

Aerynne 12-23-2022 04:11 PM

I'm having trouble finding info on exactly where the arctic blast is and isn't, but I think it isn't here. We are having regular winter weather- it's a balmy 30 degrees here.

The Tickle Momster 12-23-2022 04:52 PM

The blast arrived here on Monday and is about to leave. We’ve had snow and frigid temps. We were down to 9* yesterday morning. Almost to 40* today.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...55602c4c42.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...612b7b9b6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MudPies 12-23-2022 05:00 PM

It’s been -5 to -10 all day here. Tomorrow it is supposed to get above 0, but we won’t get above freezing for several days. My parents are here from Arizona, but forgot to bring the warm weather. :snooty
Thankfully we did not loose power- 40-50 mph winds.

heartofjoy 12-23-2022 05:46 PM

Here in Texas it was 13° this morning and warmed up to maybe 28°. Pretty cold for us but not scary.

Some people in my county are experiencing power outages, but we're fine. Luckily we have buried power lines in our neighborhood. And we have a natural gas heater. A couple of my friends with electric HVAC systems are having trouble heating their houses. Their systems are old and it's just too cold.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

CelticJourney 12-23-2022 06:02 PM

The winds here were nasty. I think because it has been so very wet the last few weeks, trees are going down all over the place. We lost one that went onto the neighbors drive, so dh was out after dark using the chainsaw to cut it up and get it moved. :shiver

ECingMama 12-23-2022 06:09 PM

It's been below zero for two days. Think it's fine tomorrow. Like teens.

HomeWithMyBabies 12-23-2022 06:34 PM

It's frigid but the wind hasn't been as extreme as expected, at least not yet. We still have power. It's just terrible taking the dog out.

Atsirk 12-24-2022 09:05 AM

Cold here for coastal GA but nothing like the rest of the country. It's 21* here right now with a wind chill of 6 which is really cold for here. But we have power and besides walking from the house to the car to my parents house we don't have to be out in it so hopefully our sweatshirts will keep us warm enough for those few moments!

MegMarch 12-24-2022 09:30 AM

Rolling blackouts have begun. Seems like the plan is 30 minutes off, every 2.5 hours. We knew it was a possibility but went to bed with them saying "not needed yet." DH uses a cpap machine and found out fast when the first blackout came last night.

I am hopeful that folks will cut back on some of their Christmas meal prep in all of this but :shrug3 We have cookie dough to pop in the toaster oven and need the big oven for 40 minutes for dinner today. Taking a pass on laundry till the weather changes in a few days.

Soliloquy 12-24-2022 01:27 PM

Our lowest temp was -15F in the valley and colder in the mountains. With wind chill I think it was -40 to -60F. Two days ago the warmest it got here was -1. Today we're back to normal, in the teens. Next week we might hit 40 which isn't good, that means ice.

We went skiing when it was 10 but the winds weren't bad.

CelticJourney 12-24-2022 01:37 PM

28 here today, forecast for 70 on Friday. :doh

The Tickle Momster 12-24-2022 02:11 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...33ee601dfc.jpg

Arctic blast has passed through. All the snow is gone and the temps are in the upper 40’s. Windy through tonight. We call this the Pineapple Express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk