Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   Meals in June...... (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=530255)

milkmommy 06-13-2022 08:08 PM

Re: Meals in June......

We had sheet pan pork chops with potatoes carrots and broccoli.

RealLifeMama 06-13-2022 08:52 PM

We had beef brisket, potato salad, and "regular" salad, and baked beans.

heartofjoy 06-14-2022 05:00 AM

Over the weekend we had

Smoked/grilled boneless pork chops - the ones from Costco that are like 2" thick and grilled/smoked asparagus. I rebaked some leftover mashed potatoes and put cheese on them.

We had enchiladas, rice, beans on Sunday. I made a veggie saute to go with consisting of bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and yellow squash. That was really good. We also had waffles and ice cream for dessert.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

ViolaMum 06-14-2022 03:20 PM

Pulled spaghetti squash and chicken casserole out of the freezer. Steamed broccoli on the side.

mummy2boys 06-14-2022 07:25 PM

Last night we had spaghetti and meatballs.

Tonight will be pork stir fry with rice and veggies

RealLifeMama 06-14-2022 08:12 PM

I made coconut curry chicken, with yellow curry powder instead of red paste like I normally do. I used an older recipe that calls for sugar, and I forgot how sweet it was, but everyone enjoyed it and there are no leftovers.

heartofjoy 06-14-2022 09:14 PM

Fish, roasted red and sweet potatoes, fresh green beans, and a bagged chopped salad

ViolaMum 06-15-2022 02:22 PM

Asian lettuce wraps with ground turkey, bean sprouts, radishes, and cucumbers. Probably rice, too.

RealLifeMama 06-15-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViolaMum (Post 6271686)
Asian lettuce wraps with ground turkey, bean sprouts, radishes, and cucumbers. Probably rice, too.

What kind of lettuce do you use? I am having a hard time finding butter lettuce, and I had lettuce wraps on the menu this month.

ViolaMum 06-16-2022 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLifeMama (Post 6271688)
What kind of lettuce do you use? I am having a hard time finding butter lettuce, and I had lettuce wraps on the menu this month.

Romaine hearts - butter lettuce is hard to find at my local grocery store. (Romaine is more like a long spoon than a wrap, but the kids eat it. :giggle)

MaybeGracie 06-16-2022 10:04 PM

Lemon chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, peach caprese salad on romaine.

ViolaMum 06-17-2022 02:29 PM

I'm super busy today and needed fast, so I threw together a White bean stew in the IP and made some rice. Completely weather INappropriate! But there's plenty of stuff for salads and some leftovers.

RealLifeMama 06-17-2022 03:06 PM

We are all scattered tonight, so I made some falafel (from a mix and baked it), hummus, a little chicken and chopped veggies and bought some premade tzatziki so people can just make themselves a bowl of "stuff" when it is time for them to eat.

heartofjoy 06-18-2022 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViolaMum (Post 6271767)
I'm super busy today and needed fast, so I threw together a White bean stew in the IP and made some rice. Completely weather INappropriate! But there's plenty of stuff for salads and some leftovers.

I made this the other day for dd, recovering from childbirth, because I know soup is easy to freeze and reheat. I think it was 100 degrees that day. :doh

I didn't cook yesterday. We traveled to my niece's graduation and had party food. I might fast today or eat something really small and bland. I feel so sick from the junk food. I just don't tolerate it anymore. Aging is full of surprises.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLifeMama (Post 6271770)
We are all scattered tonight, so I made some falafel (from a mix and baked it), hummus, a little chicken and chopped veggies and bought some premade tzatziki so people can just make themselves a bowl of "stuff" when it is time for them to eat.

I wish my family would eat this type of food. I love it!

Laurlor 06-21-2022 05:36 AM

Tonight I'm trying Cacio e Pepe Panzanella With Corn & Burrata. DS is going to hate it because there's no meat and too many tomatoes but our vegetarian friend is coming to dinner, and it looked so intriguing to me because I've always wanted to try panzanella and never have. I may have to make some meat on the side for him or something :lol.