Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Flower Remedies (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=471174)

inesperada 02-09-2013 01:21 PM

Re: Flower Remedies

When I *very clearly* have the right remedy, I notice an immediate change. If the issue is smaller and/or more complex, it may take a while longer for me. :think

Stiina 02-09-2013 07:45 PM

what is the kitchen sink method?

sweetpeasmommy 02-09-2013 10:17 PM

kitchen sink= using more than the suggested 3-5 at a time. It would be hard to say what would help your headaches without a lot of info.

Stiina 02-10-2013 07:40 AM

I know; that's what I meant when I asked if someone wanted to help me out and work with me. :bag I would give all the details that are pertinent :o I know it's a big ask, but if someone wanted to be I would be ever so grateful. :heart

(thx for clarification on the kitchen sink method :) )

sweetpeasmommy 02-10-2013 09:16 AM

I am far from an expert but I can try. I don't always have an answer.

dollydaydream 04-03-2013 12:14 PM

This is wonderful, thank you :)

Tandem mama 04-28-2013 06:28 AM

I just started researching these as an aid to processing past abuse and emotions I'm struggling to let go of. I don't know which ones to use because the list is so long!!

gdzprncess 08-11-2013 11:02 AM

I ordered Agrimony, Baby blue eyes and pine to help someone with high levels of anxiety and addictive behavior stemming from childhood emotional neglect and abuse. Thoughts?

sweetpeasmommy 08-11-2013 11:05 AM

Sounds good. It's hard to know what would help someone else. A lot of people are very helped by gorse for hopelessness. I am not and very much a wild rose kinda gal. :shrug

AngelaVA 08-25-2013 06:37 PM

I have gotten several of these for various things for each of my children but I never feel like they really DO anything i.e. I don't notice any difference in mood or behavior. I have tried giving some directly a couple of times a day and adding a larger amount to a water bottle and having them sip on it throughout the day. Does that sound reasonable? I wish there was a way to try them out other then to keep buying them and buying them.

Stiina 08-25-2013 10:02 PM

I know. I bought four, and took them religiously for 6 weeks, muscle testing each time...near the end I was always getting sort of a "meh" positive and I was so frustrated. I just gave up and the bottles are sitting there being wasted.
Maybe we could send each other all the ones tgat haven't worked for us. :giggle

AngelaVA 08-26-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiina (Post 5436499)
I know. I bought four, and took them religiously for 6 weeks, muscle testing each time...near the end I was always getting sort of a "meh" positive and I was so frustrated. I just gave up and the bottles are sitting there being wasted.
Maybe we could send each other all the ones tgat haven't worked for us. :giggle

IKR I have 15 of them sitting here. I've been using them since I bought them but meh is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

milkdud 08-26-2013 08:26 AM

Sometimes the change is gradual or quite subtle. My most recent example is of my oldest son. He is terrified of thunderstorms, and they make him sick with fear and angst. He didn't actually test for fear remedies with the most recent storms though. He tested for mariposa, which helped him to connect with and believe me when I told him he was safe, and for green rose for fear of annihilation. He never actually stopped being afraid, but he did quit pacing the house with his hands over his ears. Instead he was able to talk with me about his fears instead of having his internal dialogue of, "Oh noes! We're all gonna die!" On the outside, it looked like the remedies did nothing, but thy actually helped him a lot. :)

That boy actually always wears notice canceling ear phones during storms, bc he is that scared. He took them off without me asking him to. :woohoo for progress

Stiina 08-26-2013 11:33 AM

That's cool. :tu that's a good comparison.

But what about when you're using them for something that's every day? Trying to heal mt headaches and I didn't feel one smidgen better the whole time I tried them. I usually try to ignore my headaches but I was purposely tuning into them during that time to see if I could notice anything.
I know I probably gave up too soon but 6 weeks seemed like forever. I was also taking a bunch of homeopathics at the same time and the whole routine was crazy...testing for each thing, how many pills, drops, etc...:crazy

Oops. Sorry for being complainey. :bag

MamaNata 03-29-2017 09:27 AM

Thank you! I've always loved flower remedies and they work well for me so this is really helpful for future reference :D