Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Salt lamps for sinus trouble (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=475325)

CelticJourney 02-28-2013 07:31 PM

Salt lamps for sinus trouble

http://www.thebhaktihouse.com/Halite...mall-HMLSM.htm

Does anyone know anything about these? They sell them at the craft show we are going to on Sunday and I was planning to buy one for dd, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience with them.

rjy9343 02-28-2013 07:50 PM

Re: Salt lamps for sinus trouble

My mother has the big ones and I have some luminaries. They seem to work really well. Mine get rid of the smell of my neighbors cigar smoke and other bad smells in the summer. Ivy has a cold and as long as I leave the big light on for her at night, she does not wake herself coughing. When I come back home,I will be getting them for every room in my house.

allisonintx 02-28-2013 07:55 PM

I have always wanted one of these. Dh has chronic sinus stuff. I love to have an excuse to get one :shifty.

Punkie 02-28-2013 07:59 PM

We have them and like them. I'm not sure if there is any truth to the therapeutic claims, but they're nice.

If you have access to anyone with a Frontier wholesale account or a local Frontier co-op, you can get them for about half of that price. That size is around $26, and they regularly run sales where they knock off another 20% or so.

allisonintx 02-28-2013 08:01 PM

They often have them at kirklands or even Walgreens for 19.99

Punkie 02-28-2013 08:05 PM

Yep. I've also seen them at Tuesday Morning and Big Lots for deep discounts.

OneLove 02-28-2013 08:21 PM

I've always wanted to try them out. Thanks for the ideas on where to find them cheap :-)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

CelticJourney 02-28-2013 08:45 PM

:hunh the craft show is the only place I've ever seen them! Maybe I need to do some shopping before Sunday and save some money.

I'm on full scale 'must keep allergy and ashma issues at bay' mode. I took ds to the er last week because he was having trouble breathing - turns out I was right and it was more 'croup' than ashma, but trouble breathing is scary - and it cost $430 after insurance. That was for one hour in the room, a dose of steriods and a breathing treatment. It was a cold night, probably the best thing for him was getting out in the cold air - just the trip from the house to the car made a big difference. First priority is them not suffering, but eliminating the cost of an er visit is right up there.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punkie (Post 5167672)
We have them and like them. I'm not sure if there is any truth to the therapeutic claims, but they're nice.

If you have access to anyone with a Frontier wholesale account or a local Frontier co-op, you can get them for about half of that price. That size is around $26, and they regularly run sales where they knock off another 20% or so.

I looked up Frontier wholesale but everything lead to the coop. How does that work? Can you not buy direct?

Punkie 02-28-2013 08:52 PM

You can't buy direct and get the wholesale pricing. I think the membership to lead a coop or get a wholesale account (they're the same) is only $10 for a lifetime. I've had mine for years, though, so the price could've changed. They have great prices on organic dry goods and toiletries, so it is well worth it for me.