Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Gardening *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=431)
-   -   Is anyone working in the garden yet? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529402)

twoplustwo 04-20-2021 04:33 AM

Re: Is anyone working in the garden yet?

I forgot to water the garden while dd was in Cincy for 3 days for soccer. :bag I hope I didn't kill off our efforts before we even got started.

heartofjoy 04-20-2021 04:46 AM

Hopefully it'll be ok. Dh and I are traveling next week and I've got to rely on my kids to water. I'm worried.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

derdsgirl 06-03-2021 10:29 PM

How is it going for everyone? Summer is here! Did you get the May planting done? I am still working on it. ;)

Here infrastructure is still being built, but I have a good size garden planted now. We have eaten quite a bit from the garden of spring veggies (the cabbage has been amazing!), but it is about time to pull those out and get the last bit of summer and the first fall/winter veggies in. It is also finally warm enough at night for peppers and I left spaces open for those. I got sunflowers planted today, but tomorrow is peppers galore! I'm excited. I have 8 different varieties started. Some hot, some sweet, all yummy hopefully!

2sunshines 06-04-2021 03:52 AM

I finally got all my plants in this week!!!! I wanted to get it done a bit earlier but my procrastination paid off this year because we had a deep freeze on memorial day weekend. :jawdrop I didn't prepare my garden as much as I have done in previous years but it will be ok. We're in a bit of a dry spell here so I need to make sure to keep it well watered.

I'm trying a few new plants so this will be a fun experimental year. The plants were picked over at the nursery so I have to pick some new things to get enough for my garden.

heartofjoy 06-04-2021 06:55 AM

My beds are all done and I've been moving stuff around and planting new things here and there.

These coreopsis are amazing!

Also, we've been having rain almost daily and lower temps than normal. Everything is soggy and wanting sun! And my fence fell over onto my new bed and crushed some things. Then my guys crushed a few more when they fixed it. Sigh. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...77893a56fc.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6b5887f8a3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

twoplustwo 06-04-2021 01:56 PM

my spinach grew teeny tiny. my peas nice and tall but no actually pea plants. Im dismantling my boxes and hanging up my garden hat forever. 17 trees is just too much shade and it seems sunny but as the trees fill out it just disappears.

knitlove 06-04-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplustwo (Post 6252335)
my spinach grew teeny tiny. my peas nice and tall but no actually pea plants. Im dismantling my boxes and hanging up my garden hat forever. 17 trees is just too much shade and it seems sunny but as the trees fill out it just disappears.

This was my issue in Vermont. I ended up getting some tomatoes that I grew in a hanging basket by the front door it was the only spot that got kind of enough sun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

heartofjoy 06-04-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplustwo (Post 6252335)

Aww this makes me sad! Maybe you can grow some shade loving plants to enjoy. :hug2

MamaMansa 06-05-2021 07:09 PM

I am brand new to gardening. Last year we had a few of these in our back bed, and this year they overtook the entire back bed. Anyone know what it is? A plant? A weed? It’s out of control.

Ack, it won’t let me attach the image…

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZPWGNZNUycZ7JTHc8