Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=418)
-   -   Co sleeping in the Bible (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=136228)

Mother of Sons 10-12-2005 05:34 PM

Co sleeping in the Bible

I thought this was cool. I don't know if it's been posted before.

Luke 11:5-7

5Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'

7"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.'

DogwoodMama 10-12-2005 05:48 PM

Re: Co sleeping in the Bible

I never noticed that before! Thanks for sharing that. :grin

Suzanne 10-14-2005 06:03 AM

Thank you! I may send that to my sister, who thinks cosleeping is sinful. :rolleyes

larsonwoman 10-16-2005 08:44 AM

I am so glad you posted that! I never noticed that before either although the guy was in the wrong for not giving some bread.!

lace421 10-19-2005 07:06 AM

I think I'm going to have to show my mother in law that:) I was just telling my dh that last night...just seems like as nice as she is about she's always saying how much better it would be if he slept in his own bed...

MaiMama 12-12-2005 11:09 AM

:rockon
very cool!

Aisling 12-12-2005 11:11 AM

I've always liked that verse :rockon :heart

OnlyBelieve 12-12-2005 11:12 AM

Wow!!! The Bible does address everything!!!
That is super cool!!

chelsea 12-15-2005 04:48 PM

Awesome! There's also the one about the mothers coming to King Solomon because they were cosleeping and one mother rolled onto the baby. Of course the non-co-sleepers would go crazy with that verse though, wouldn't they?! :rolleyes But the fact is that co-sleeping appeared to be the norm. After all, King Solomon didn't ask why they were co-sleeping, he just helped solve the problem!
I think I saw another co-sleeping reference but I can't remember where it is. I'll try and find it!

olivegod2 12-23-2005 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larsonwoman
I am so glad you posted that! I never noticed that before either although the guy was in the wrong for not giving some bread.!

I know, right! Cool!

olivegod2 12-23-2005 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsea
Awesome! There's also the one about the mothers coming to King Solomon because they were cosleeping and one mother rolled onto the baby. Of course the non-co-sleepers would go crazy with that verse though, wouldn't they?! :rolleyes But the fact is that co-sleeping appeared to be the norm. After all, King Solomon didn't ask why they were co-sleeping, he just helped solve the problem!
I think I saw another co-sleeping reference but I can't remember where it is. I'll try and find it!

I thought with that passage one of the baby's just died in the middle of the night. I didn't know she rolled on the baby. They were not only co-sleeping, but nightime breastfeeding! The Bible does address everything! :yes

chelsea 12-25-2005 11:49 PM

Quote:

I thought with that passage one of the baby's just died in the middle of the night. I didn't know she rolled on the baby. They were not only co-sleeping, but nightime breastfeeding! The Bible does address everything!
1Ki 3:19-21 "And this woman's child died in the night; because she overlaid it.
And she arose at midnight, and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.
And when I rose in the morning to give my child suck, behold, it was dead: but when I had considered it in the morning, behold, it was not my son, which I did bear."
Yep, the Bible definitely addresses everything! :tu

beach_mom03 01-05-2006 12:01 PM

I've never noticed that before either.. thanks for sharing!

Heather Micaela 01-31-2006 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsea
Quote:

I thought with that passage one of the baby's just died in the middle of the night. I didn't know she rolled on the baby. They were not only co-sleeping, but nightime breastfeeding! The Bible does address everything!
1Ki 3:19-21 "And this woman's child died in the night; because she overlaid it.
And she arose at midnight, and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom.
And when I rose in the morning to give my child suck, behold, it was dead: but when I had considered it in the morning, behold, it was not my son, which I did bear."
Yep, the Bible definitely addresses everything! :tu

but the mom of the other baby co-slept too and her baby was fine :)

CrickettinVA 05-18-2006 07:00 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing. My dh and I were just discussing this topic. Now I can share this verse with him. :D

With kind regards,
Crickett
wife to Michael (10/92)
SAHM/WAHM to Erin (1/2/98), Holly (10/12/00), Claire (8/12/03) & Wesley (12/29/05)
www.crickettsdiapers.com