Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   September Dinners (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529735)

mummy2boys 08-31-2021 10:15 PM

September Dinners

New month...new thread :)

knitlove 08-31-2021 10:20 PM

Re: September Dinners

Tonight was just me and the girls so I made pasta because I didn't want to deal with complaints.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

twoplustwo 09-01-2021 02:51 AM

Asian salad and some froz asian things.

heartofjoy 09-01-2021 04:48 AM

Technically, these were still August ;)

Sunday - cheese enchiladas, Spanish rice, refried beans (homemade from my freezer stash!), and key lime pie for Paw Paw's birthday :heart

Monday- baked chicken thighs - these were SO GOOD - I coated bone in skin on chicken thighs with olive oil, sprinkled with garlic salt, italian seasoning, and paprika, and baked at 400-425 for almost an hour on a cookie sheet - I roasted brocoli and cauliflower to go with it. I've read recently that the secret to moist baked chicken is high heat for shorter times.

Tues- I did chicken again because I took a meal to someone. I used this recipe For Garlic Butter Baked Chicken Breasts:

https://www.primaverakitchen.com/gar...breast/#recipe

Made Veggie Rice in the IP (this is our favorite rice now and a perfect way to use up leftover veggie odds and ends)

Pro tip for bookmarking recipes: Bookmark the page it goes to when you hit print recipe. Then you don't have to wait for an ad-filled page to load next time. The print version of the one above: https://www.primaverakitchen.com/wprm_print/28120/

charla 09-01-2021 07:34 AM

Monday I made a new recipe called lemon ricotta pasta with spinach. It was really yummy! Last night I made cheese enchiladas and a new recipe for Mexican rice and it was really good, too. Tonight I'm planning Greek meatballs, baked potatoes with whipped feta, green beans, and Greek salad.

ViolaMum 09-01-2021 02:07 PM

DH is making garlic-rosemary sous vide lamb in the IP.

I've got green beans and kale chips ready to roast in the oven. I should do potatoes, too.

arelyn 09-01-2021 09:06 PM

Tonight DH made kiri bath which we ate with jaggery and a side of leftover veg chili. He uses red or brown rice instead of the white rice the recipes call for and it comes out just as well.

milkmommy 09-01-2021 11:45 PM

This is our dinner meal plan for the next two weeks. The order will differ. I just plan a two week menu then we plan for 1-2 days at a time depending on schedules a few top off ingredients we might need etc. I list in what method it will be cooked for me. It helps me plan.
Typically Mondays will always be crock pot days, Wednesday or Saturday will be our takeout/dine out days. Fridays are always meatless or fish although most of our meals are meatless.

Most meals I'll add a side dish or two but wont always list it.
I keep GF chicken nuggets, GF pasta and always have eggs I can scramble if I need a safe alternative for a meal for my gluten and dairy sensitive child. Like Mac N cheese day.
Always have a few TV type dinners in the freezer if DH schedule is too crazy or he just doesn't want what I'm planning. Like he doesn't like egg based dishes but everyone else does. :shrug3

Dinners September 2-15

Honey Dijon Chicken with brown rice (CP)

Beef Chili (cp)

baked chicken tenders and corn on cob (oven/IP)

Lentil Spaghetti with salad and bread (stove top)

Shakshuka with french rolls (stove top/Oven)

Peanut Soda noodles with roasted broccoli (stove top/oven)

Veggie Fajitas (stove top)

meatball subs (crock pot)

Mac N cheese with salad (crock pot)

Coconut shrimp with veggie spring rolls (oven)

white bean soup with bread (IP/oven)

sheet pan chicken thighs with vegetables (oven)

Pickup/dine out

Pick up /Dine out

Planning the lentil Spaghetti for Tomorrow and Coconut shrimp with spring rolls for Friday.

The Tickle Momster 09-02-2021 07:42 AM

Started a whole 30 with dh yesterday. Haven’t done the necessary planning so winged it yesterday. Did lemon-garlic chicken with roasted potatoes and Brussels sprouts.

This morning I’ll do more planning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twoplustwo 09-02-2021 09:48 AM

Out of leftovers and thur are exceptional busy. . . those fresh pizzas from the grocery (had dh pick up when he went for produce and milk).

ViolaMum 09-02-2021 11:32 AM

Ugggh. Our fridge died. I had to toss most of what was in it.

The freezer is fine, so I have that. And a well-stocked pantry. And a little bit of produce coming from the garden. I'm thinking chili tonight.

Reva 09-03-2021 02:40 AM

9/1-we had grilled chicken salads
9/2 (last night) we had meatball subs (made with ground turkey) and potato salad

twoplustwo 09-03-2021 02:43 AM

either rice with orange shrimp and chicken sausage for the boy who doesn't eat shrimp OR burritos. And then whichever is the next meal - porbably Sunday. Inlaws taking us to lunch tom and then ds has 2 games and then is guest playing in a 3rd so may not have time to cook.

charla 09-03-2021 10:07 AM

Last night was sheet pan sausage and peppers over cheesy grits with roasted broccoli. Tonight I'm trying butter chicken in the crockpot over rice with zucchini on the side. I've heard you gals talk about this butter chicken so much over the years, I thought I'd better try it. Not a huge fan of curry type flavors so we shall see!

The Tickle Momster 09-03-2021 10:35 AM

Last night was beef & broccoli

Tonight I’m not sure yet. Probably something with chicken. Maybe big salads with grilled chicken breast. :think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk