Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=402)
-   -   What's something new going on in your life? (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=529559)

heartofjoy 06-04-2021 07:03 AM

What's something new going on in your life?

Just a general chat thread here! Anything new, and hopefully fun, in your life?

Summer activities just started here so the daily routine is in a free fall. [emoji38] I need to figure out a daily plan and then execute it rather than being on my phone!

My oldest and her husband are trying to move in a crazy real estate market and I'm freaking out a little that they are looking hours away.

dd16 just wrecked her car so I'm back on chauffer duty, which in her case is probably a good thing!

I just got some new clothes! And my mom got me a Vera Bradley purse for my birthday. It comes on Saturday!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

charla 06-04-2021 09:05 AM

Re: What's something new going on in your life?

Next week is Dancing for Eternity's first ballet summer camp in Hope's memory!

heartofjoy 06-04-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6252313)
Next week is Dancing for Eternity's first ballet summer camp in Hope's memory!

Oh this is exciting! Will you get to be a part of it in some way?

tempus vernum 06-04-2021 10:55 AM

June 1st started my sabbatical of a sorts. :woohoo as much of a sabbatical I can have while working full time LOL

Hoping to Do a lot of hiking this summer- starting this weekend weather permitting.

Sunday we get to meet my middle child’s girlfriend- she’s flying in from Texas!

We have two short family trips planned and I want to squish in a waterfall hike or camping trip early fall if possible.

What’s new for me this year that’s I’m already enjoying is my house in the spring/ summer for the first time. It feels luxurious to have such a large beautiful deck and I sit outside a lot!!!

Charla, so excited for your ministry!!!! :heart

charla 06-04-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartofjoy (Post 6252315)
Oh this is exciting! Will you get to be a part of it in some way?

Nick and I will be there every day helping out, and we will present Hope's story at the showcase at the end the camp.

heartofjoy 06-04-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tempus vernum (Post 6252318)

What’s new for me this year that’s I’m already enjoying is my house in the spring/ summer for the first time. It feels luxurious to have such a large beautiful deck and I sit outside a lot!!!

Charla, so excited for your ministry!!!! [emoji813]

I hope your sabbatical is rejuvenating!

Don't you just LOVE having a place up sit outside? My huge porch has changed my life. It sounds dumb but it's so true!

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by charla (Post 6252324)
Nick and I will be there every day helping out, and we will present Hope's story at the showcase at the end the camp.

This sounds perfect! I hope it's a sweet week for you.

rdsmommy 06-04-2021 01:07 PM

My ds just started his first job and even though he technically still has one more year of high school, my actual homeschool teaching days are over since he will be doing dual credit for school in the fall.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by tempus vernum (Post 6252318)

I love sitting outside too. It's very grounding. I haven't been able to as much the last couple weeks because we've had so much rain which brought tons of mosquitoes. We went out to eat today at favorite burger place with outdoor seating and it was all nice. They must have sprayed for mosquitoes in that are because there weren't any.

arelyn 06-04-2021 01:31 PM

We're still waiting to be able to get back to our overseas home but at least we're not locked down in a tiny apartment during the hot hot HOT season (it was 114 there yesterday).`

My oldest starts his first university class on Tuesday. He's not quite 14 so he's just trying one over the summer before we decide what to do next fall.

My second is reading The Hobbit. Considering he was functionally illiterate 2 years ago this is huge!

And the little one is driving me kinda crazy. Thankfully we are in a spot with so much outside space for him to run and play and a bunch of people to make his little extrovert heart happy.

And the community pool opens soon!! Oh happy day!!

heartofjoy 06-04-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsmommy (Post 6252329)
My ds just started his first job and even though he technically still has one more year of high school, my actual homeschool teaching days are over since he will be doing dual credit for school in the fall.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I love sitting outside too. It's very grounding. I haven't been able to as much the last couple weeks because we've had so much rain which brought tons of mosquitoes. We went out to eat today at favorite burger place with outdoor seating and it was all nice. They must have sprayed for mosquitoes in that are because there weren't any.

Where is he working if you don't mind my asking? My kids are lifeguards and one is doing Door Dash.

The rain has made the mosquito population explode! It's awful!

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by arelyn (Post 6252332)
We're still waiting to be able to get back to our overseas home but at least we're not locked down in a tiny apartment during the hot hot HOT season (it was 114 there yesterday).`

My oldest starts his first university class on Tuesday. He's not quite 14 so he's just trying one over the summer before we decide what to do next fall.

My second is reading The Hobbit. Considering he was functionally illiterate 2 years ago this is huge!

And the little one is driving me kinda crazy. Thankfully we are in a spot with so much outside space for him to run and play and a bunch of people to make his little extrovert heart happy.

And the community pool opens soon!! Oh happy day!!

I'm impressed you have one doing a cc class so young! Way to go! And another one tackling The Hobbit! I love Tolkien's middle earth. How did you get him reading well enough for the Hobbit in the last two years?

Aerynne 06-04-2021 02:12 PM

Not a lot new for me but I did buy 3 new shirts I really like. I am picky and it is hard to find stuff I like so I was happy.

Pragmatist 06-04-2021 03:34 PM

I'm happy that summer is here. We went camping last weekend in a beautiful location. Today, we went paddleboarding/kayaking and had so much fun.

heartofjoy 06-04-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerynne (Post 6252338)
Not a lot new for me but I did buy 3 new shirts I really like. I am picky and it is hard to find stuff I like so I was happy.

I can so relate! Shopping is not fun, and when you are rewarded with things you actually like, it feels like winning!

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pragmatist (Post 6252343)
I'm happy that summer is here. We went camping last weekend in a beautiful location. Today, we went paddleboarding/kayaking and had so much fun.

How lovely! :heart

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Anyone else feed the birds or birdwatch? I have like 6 species in my backyard right this moment. Lots of bickering over the feeders going on!

OnAMission 06-04-2021 04:45 PM

We are unexpectedly building a house. We have rented for the last seven years as we waited for dh to get tenure, which he did summer 2020. However, we still might make one more move before kids get to high school, so we were going to keep renting until we were sure where we were going to be. However, with the market sky rocketing, we won’t be able to save as fast as housing is going up plus interest rates are exceptionally low, so dh thinks we ought to get in now.

Inventory is so low in the area we would like to live, and God dropped an amazing lot with a builder from our church into our laps, along with one of our main pastors and his wife moving in next door to our new place!

I have loved our house (1450 sq feet for the six of us), but with homeschool and bigger kids the space is getting tight. I am beyond grateful and feel greatly blessed that our new house will have plenty of space for all of us. I’ve never lived in a new house and never expected that I would. It is all so unexpected and wonderful.

rdsmommy 06-04-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartofjoy (Post 6252333)
Where is he working if you don't mind my asking? My kids are lifeguards and one is doing Door Dash.

The rain has made the mosquito population explode! It's awful!

k

He is at Chic Fil A.

SewingGreenMama 06-04-2021 07:24 PM

We bought a homestead in another state two weeks ago. Moved in same day. Bought a tractor.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk