Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=437)
-   -   Dd just threw up- update page 2 (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=475067)

MomtoJGJ 02-26-2013 10:51 AM

Re: Dd just threw up- but we haven't been anywhere to catch anything

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerynne (Post 5162574)
She's fine this morning. She had some gatorade and she's dancing around energetically. She only puked twice, slept the rest of the night, then woke up fine. Dd1 is feeling sick now, but that happens fairly regularly anyway, so we'll see if anything comes of it. If anyone is going to get sick they should just do it now. Then maybe we can still go on our trip.

What would you guys do about the trip? We're supposed to leave in 2 days (but in the afternoon), it's about an hour and a half drive to where we're staying in a hotel. Dh has stuff planned but I could stay in the hotel room with sick kids if any kids become sick while we are there. I don't think cancelling the trip altogether is an option. Dh would have to go anyway, unless he is sick.

I would get a small trash can / coffee can / something of that size, get a ton of grocery sacks and a roll of paper towels, line the can with the grocery sack and the sack with some paper towels, and go. Most likely you wouldn't need to use it, but it's there if you need it.

Aerynne 02-26-2013 11:03 AM

Yeah, I think we'll just be prepared and go anyway especially since it seems to be a quick, mild bug. We may end up spending the vacation in the hotel room, but that's still more exciting than home, and we'll be with dh much of the time. There was a lot we wanted to do, though, so I'm hoping we can still do it.

Llee 02-26-2013 11:29 AM

We've the "midnight pukes and all is good" sickness here. Random. We go on with life and don't even try to figure out where it's coming from.

ValiantJoy07 02-26-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loralee (Post 5162928)
We've the "midnight pukes and all is good" sickness here. Random. We go on with life and don't even try to figure out where it's coming from.

We have had at least 3 cases of this this winter...I almost think it is just our body's way of flushing the bug...They go to sleep and wake up totally fine. One or two of us gets GI symptoms instead and it works it's way out of the house. :shrug3

:pray4 every one else stays healthy... I hate having stomach issues in the house...I'd rather have a nasty cold for 3 weeks. :shifty

ETA: I would pack a big roll of paper towels, some grocery bags, extra hand soap, and lysol just in case...But if it is a bug= as mild as it seems to be it hopefully it won't hit any one else.

Aerynne 02-26-2013 06:33 PM

Yes, but the worst one to get sick is always the second youngest. They're still little enough to need lots of care but you can't because of the baby. So at least she already got it. She's been fine all day, but we're having a broth-based soup for dinner, jic. Don't need to rush anything. She hasn't seemed sick at all, though- seems like she just needed to get something out of her system.

We'll definitely be prepared on our trip, with the stuff you guys mentioned in addition to some herbs, ginger ale, gatorade, and zofran.

I agree with you on the cold!

Tandem mama 02-26-2013 07:23 PM

I'd rather have a cold fr a year than throw up one time. :yes :shiver I'd rather do anything than throw up.

Aerynne 02-26-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tandem mama (Post 5163586)
I'd rather have a cold fr a year than throw up one time. :yes :shiver I'd rather do anything than throw up.

Yep. I really wonder why emetaphobia is so prevalent.

Dd ate her dinner (I made soup with toast for obvious reasons. She ate her toast, her sister's toast, and a few bites of soup- for her that's quite good). She's felt fine all day long and so far everyone else feels fine, too (dh and I are tired from being up all night, though). Dd1's nausea was just temporary, and like I said, she gets that from time to time anyway.

Tandem mama 02-27-2013 05:35 AM

I'm glad she's feeling better. :pray4 no one else gets it.

I have ideas about why I developed emetophobia, but I've actually only come across very few people who have it.

Aerynne 03-02-2013 09:14 PM

Well we enjoyed our trip and no one got sick. Dd2 (the one who was sick Monday night) had one watery poop. It was weird, though, because she threw up several days ago, then had normal poops for a few days, then one watery poop yesterday, then back to normal poops. So it might have not even been related to the throwing up. We've all been sharing cups and stuff, plus dd2 pooped in the hot tub (not the watery poop, though) so I hope none of us get sick in the days to come, but even if we do, I am glad we have all been healthy for a fun trip!

Thanks for all your reassurances about going! I'm glad we went!

Llee 03-02-2013 09:15 PM

:woohoo

ValiantJoy07 03-03-2013 12:35 PM

Re: Dd just threw up- update page 2

YAY! I hope you all continue to to stay healthy...