View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #71
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My cold/flu season secret weapons, please share yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayzieMcgrew View Post
My Dd's pediatrician is also an Ayurveda doctor. Her recommendation for the cold season are: consuming lots of fruit (in season), ditching white flour, sugar and dairy, and heat-inducing spices.l (because the goal is for the body not to lose heat).

I had never heard of fighting flu season with spices, and thought it was quite interesting. Anyways, her list of heat inducing spices is: cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, cloves, cardamom, mustard seeds, black pepper.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
I use cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and cloves all in my homemade elderberry syrup The only one I see missing from her list I've heard is REALLY amazing is horseradish.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Another secret I've learned to use - tea tree oil for ear pain -- apply in a circle around the ear It works really well to numb pain and eliminate ear infections

2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
MayzieMcgrew (03-14-2018)